*1110: Imaginationland*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

tjrd

Re: *1110: Imaginationland*

Postby tjrd » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:26 pm

Lovin' it! So this will be a trilogy? That will really be trying on my patience...
Let's fighting love!
heytallman

Postby heytallman » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:35 pm

It was an awesome episode, and did anyone else notice Joseph Smith as one of the "creations" ? I laughed when I saw him. Also, the taco that craps ice cream from the episode "Cancelled" was there too.
eatmydeaduterus

Postby eatmydeaduterus » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:47 pm

This episode was so good it cured me of AIDS. When you've got a left-wing paper like the Guardian saying Anne Coulter is great because she's getting people involved in politics then you KNOW fear has warped our thinking big time. Can't wait for next week.
JesusComplex

Postby JesusComplex » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:55 pm

I really did like this episode. It felt a little heavy handed sometimes, but it's definitely building up to be even better.

The fact that the terrorist shot a care bear in the head was just....it was funny but sad at the same time. You just don't shoot a care bear like that. lol

I wonder what the bad creations are gonna be?

Oh and before I forget...the characterizations of the directors was spot on.
JesusComplex is a girl *rawr*
IHateCelebritiesToo

Postby IHateCelebritiesToo » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:01 pm

Over 300 posts?

I bet that atleast 5 of you posted atleast 20 comments.

Losers.

I hate it because now I have to read all 300 of them. So I guess that make me a loser.

Oh well.

Next week (maybe next 2 weeks), should be awesome.

I could be wrong, but I don't rememeber ever seeing a trilogy in south park? Their obviously have been many sequels, to be continued's.
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:01 pm

I forgot to say... I thought that episode was f*cking awesome.

Last week's was good (I enjoyed it because I f*cking hate that hypocrite Bonio... sorry, O Nob... sh*t, Bono), but this is really a good episode. At least it has something to do with the kids being kids i.e. using their imaginations. Shame Kenny's not in it, but I'm glad it's not an entire Cartman plot. I'm getting really sick of that kid.

Anyway, a 9/10. If not more, depending on where the subsequent episode(s) are going with this.
Email notifications do matter, people.
MetalEdd

Postby MetalEdd » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:23 pm

anyone else see Mohammed in there? :P
eat_stan

Postby eat_stan » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:30 pm

albino.black.sheep wrote:Aw! Poor Toroto! How did he get dragged into all of this?!

I know!!! But when I saw Totoro, I was so happy that he was actually there!! South Park just sky-rocketed through my respect list. Seriouslah.

And yeah ... I can't make my signature pic work anymore! D: My avatar doesn't even work either.
Don't eat Stan.
eat_stan

Postby eat_stan » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:40 pm

Jay C wrote:Awesome. Just awesome. Most definitely one of the best episodes of the season so far [along with D'Yikes and Le Petit Tourette]. Everything seemed so alive, and it was so much fun spotting random cameo characters in crowds and stuff [I positively squeaked when I seen Totoro, f*ck. Where did he come from? XD]. The Saving Private Ryan sequence was the best part of the whole damn thing, considering how perfectly they got it. Ronald McDonald picking his arm up had me lol'ing for like, a whole minute because of how utterly bizarre it was, and I totally never seen it coming.

That song though.... that f*cking song. SHUT THE f*ck UP, FAT MAN*.

9/10 - Will watch again and again and again

* - We need that fat guy to start singing that song again, only for Sam Jackson to yell that line, ala Pulp Fiction. I'll cream my f*cking pants. :lol:

Also; Cyberdemons. One needs to come from behind that wall, seriously.

Ahaha, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who squeaked when Totoro came on. XD Although my squeak was more like a flail-squeeeee-diiie action. :3

And the Imagination Song? I love it. At first, it was hilarious. Then it got gay. But when Kyle yelled at the gay mayor dude, it became funny again. Lmao. Oh, gawd. I mean, I totally knew the song was going to go on for a ridiculous amount of time. (It's frickin' South Park!!) But still, I was caught off-guard. Haha.
Don't eat Stan.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:07 pm

MetalEdd wrote:anyone else see Mohammed in there? :P

Nope. Nor Jesus, nor Moses.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
missycartman

Postby missycartman » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:09 pm

JesusComplex wrote:

I wonder what the bad creations are gonna be?

barbara streisand ?? :twisted:
Fecking funny ep .
x10 :D

oooh yeah , how f*cked up will this be if Matt N trey don't continue this ep :lol:
subhumandude

Postby subhumandude » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:36 pm

Wow, what an awesome episode. I really hope part 2 lives up to that. More Kenny would definitely be a bonus!

I'm a little worried that I find myself kinda rooting for Cartman... 90% of me thinks it will be too f*cked up, even for this show, to have Cartman get his way. But that little part of me...
-Stick Your Head In The Microwave And Get Yourself A Tan!- 'Weird Al' Yankovic

-Let's Build A Snowman! We Can Make Him Our Best Friend!
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:43 pm

*patting myself on the back*

Earlier in this thread I said this sounded like a Wonder Showzen episode, and not only was I right, but the episode had a variation on the "Imagination Song" at the end of the WS ep "Imagination." Last week I thought I saw that Vernon Chatman (co-creator of Wonder Showzen) was back being one of the Consultants, so I guess he let Trey use the song as an homage.

I think the Wonder Showzen version was funnier, but I was still pumped to see a cross-over of my two favorite shows. Speaking of which, here's hoping for an Imaginationland background cameo by Chauncey Darlington Butler!

Quite a heady subject they're tackling. It'll be very difficult to say something that won't sound corny about the dangers of letting fear govern the free man's imagination but if anyone can do it, it's Team South Park!

I didn't watch the background characters close enough, but let's hope somewhere within this story arc we get to see a Moogle. That'd be a nice hat-tip to my favorite game series. Kupo!

As for what's behind the wall, maybe it's werewolves... from the future!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
BigBroflovskiFan

Postby BigBroflovskiFan » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:43 pm

eat_stan wrote:And the Imagination Song? I love it. At first, it was hilarious. Then it got gay. But when Kyle yelled at the gay mayor dude, it became funny again. Lmao. Oh, gawd. I mean, I totally knew the song was going to go on for a ridiculous amount of time. (It's frickin' South Park!!) But still, I was caught off-guard. Haha.

Haha I know! I died when Kyle started yelling. "ARE YOU GONNA TAKE US SOMEWHERE?!?" XD

I kept laughing at this ep during school today, lol, so freakin funny!
djadonis206

Postby djadonis206 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:54 pm

Very very very funny episode

the ball sucking is a tad bit on the creepy side - its an adult cartoon - but think about this...just the idea of us thinking about two 8 year old boys engaging in oral sex is disgusting and somewhat borders on the thin line of pedophilia - it's one thing to say it in a derogatory "Suck my balls, f*ck you" kind of way but...the actual act

anywayz - just thought I'd say that

but this was another hit of hits, home run if you will this season

great episode

a
"...So Long Balls!"

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”