*1110: Imaginationland*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

kingsnakeX

Re: *1110: Imaginationland*

Postby kingsnakeX » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:27 pm

If the actual "act" were to happend. COMEDY CENTRAL is going to get a lawsuit by some group .
I'm the crawling king snake and I rule my den.
-Jim Morrison
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:41 pm

I don't see it happening.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
KillingKenny666

Postby KillingKenny666 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:17 am

How did this get to 31 pages so fast?
AVENGED SEVENFOLD 4 EVER!!!
Jello_Biafra

Postby Jello_Biafra » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:54 am

ClownCarOnFire wrote:Ok so to add to the cartoon things found...thing...

Franklin (That dumb turtle)
Remy (From Ratatouille)
Ninja turtle dude
Rapunzel

....got more?

The "mayor of Imagination" guy is Dreamfinder and the green dragon is suppose to be Figment.
"Six words Lisa, 'I'm not gay, but I'll learn.'" Homer Simpson

"How do you speak my language?" Adam West

"This job would be great if it weren't for the f*cking customers." Randall; Clerks
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:51 am

KillingKenny666 wrote:How did this get to 31 pages so fast?

It's an interesting episode that lends itself to discussion?
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
southparkmaster777

Postby southparkmaster777 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:40 am

Did anyone notice the chimpokomon next to Kyle's bed when he woke up from his "dream"?
Cartman kicks ass!!!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:54 am

Yes. :D
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:10 am

southparkmaster777 wrote:Did anyone notice the chimpokomon next to Kyle's bed when he woke up from his "dream"?

Aww! That's pretty cute.
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:31 am

I just found Yoda and either Tinkerbell, or a random "fairy".

Edit: I also finally found Najix, who's been staring me in the face the whole time, and I'm trying to figure out where the Swordfish Musketeer came from.

Double Edit: I finally saw Bloo.

Triple Edit:
Who the hell is this guy, and why is he flipping everybody off?
I don't think he's Mr. Clean either.
Zubby

Postby Zubby » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:17 am

Indigo Rose wrote:I dunno. Ike and Kenny's cases were both consensual (age nonwithstanding) and Butters remained blissfully ignorant about the whole ordeal. Plus, Cartman's motives are to torture Kyle and utterly degrade him, which makes the whole thing seem a whole lot darker to me.

That's the disturbing part for me as well. Two kids doing sexual things-not disturbing. If it's not consensual-disturbing. It's much closer to harrassment/assault, and the deliberate humiliation aspect, while completely in charecter for Cartman, makes it harder to take.
Zubby
symonfrost

Postby symonfrost » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:20 am

Question for anyone. At the end of the episode the scene with the guy in the truck picking up Cartman, the style of jacket Cartman was wearing, and the music in the background. All seemed very familiar to me.

Does anyone here know what they might have been spoofing with that?
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:35 am

symonfrost wrote:Question for anyone. At the end of the episode the scene with the guy in the truck picking up Cartman, the style of jacket Cartman was wearing, and the music in the background. All seemed very familiar to me.

Rambo, First Blood.

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
symonfrost

Postby symonfrost » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:44 am

Indigo Rose wrote:
symonfrost wrote:Question for anyone. At the end of the episode the scene with the guy in the truck picking up Cartman, the style of jacket Cartman was wearing, and the music in the background. All seemed very familiar to me.

Rambo, First Blood.

Oh... oh yeah ok. I feel like when you watch family feud and you're trying to guess the last word and you can't get it and then when the host says it everyone is like "OOOOOOOHHHHH"
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:25 am

I just saw it. I liked it..It was a fun episode..I can't wait til Wednesday..I am really hoping some of the characters from the darkside of imagination land are my favorite horror characters.
Billistic

Postby Billistic » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:48 am

Ok going to weigh in on this one, hold your breath, here we go.

First off, this was a great ep. Almost sort of reminds me of The Never Ending Story.

I've read some complaining that they're pissed that it's a cliff hanger episode and they don't like them, but honestly, Kyle having to suck Cartman's balls? This would be like Roosevelt having to suck Hitler's balls of course it needs to be 3 parts.

As for the gayness, I think it doesn't have anything to do with gay, this is all about completely owning Kyle. Kyle will never be able to have a one up on Cartman again, it's a total end-game.

When cartman strokes the photo at the end of the episode, it's not a sexual thing, it's an "I want to destroy you" thing. This scene was great it shows how driven Cartman is.

I have a feeling this episode might be a play on the Christmas Critters episode. Maybe something where the boys were put into a group in class and were told to collaborate on a Halloween story. Somethings in the episode were kind of strange.

1. Aren't contracts not binding when signed by someone under 18? (I'm willing to suspend belief on this one)

2. When Kyle was in court, where was his lawyer? In fact wouldn't you think Kyle's father would've been his lawyer for him? How could Cartman get a lawyer? (This all seems like something Cartman would love to happen, crushing Kyle in court)

3. The Cartman ball sucking stuff is the light side of the episode. Whenever things get too heavy with what's going on in imaginationland it would go back to the ball sucking thing to lighten things up. But it could also be Kyle trying to change the topic or direction of the story.

4. Isn't it strange that Mel Gibson was sort of key in helping the pentagon's investigation? Sounds like something Cartman would like to see...

Even at the end when Cartman was ready to have his balls sucked Kyle and stan are whisked away. Perfect timinging for Kyle... Cartman getting into the truck to get to kyle was almost like him trying to get back to the topic that he wants Kyle to suck his balls. As if Cartman refuses to let it go.

Also, story also seems to be made up of elements that I could see each of the boys contributing. Imaginationland seems like something Butters would come up with. Sucking Cartman's balls is obviously something Cartman would've come up with.

The imagination song seemed like a filibuster, notice how they showed up to imaginationland right when Kyle got mad and asked where it was.

As for what's on the otherside of imagination land, well if it is nightmares or bad guys that people create in the darkerside of their imagination I hope Crab People and Man Bear Pig are in the mix.

Maybe the darkness will be things that cause people to stop imagining, things that occupy your mind when you get older like sex, politics, celebrity bullsh*t, money.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”