Come, Liberals, and Bitch about Bill!

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

ShaneHaughey

Come, Liberals, and Bitch about Bill!

Postby ShaneHaughey » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:44 pm

For those who want to bitch about Bill O'Reilly and base their beliefs on Youtube clips and claim he is OMFG CORPORATO-FKFWCPKW(forget about actually backing up said claim), please come here and bitch about him. I'm sure your opinions are well founded and researched.

So bitch about how evil he is, and how when the world ends he will spit fireballs at babies. Or whatever it is you believe he'll do at said end of the world.

I heard he eats babies. Discuss.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Billistic

Re: Come, Liberals, and Bitch about Bill!

Postby Billistic » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:53 pm

Ok, he's an angry old man who's never really lived a day in his life.

Counterpoint?
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:55 pm

Billistic wrote:Ok, he's an angry old man who's never really lived a day in his life.

Counterpoint?

Opinion.
You f*ck babies. :roll:
^I have provided as much real proof of you f*cking babies as you have of Bill being OMG Corporation.

Counterpoint?

(Be back in a few hours; I'm going to go take a sh*t on the little guy.)
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:15 pm

Billistic wrote:Ok, he's an angry old man who's never really lived a day in his life.

Counterpoint?

Personal life

O'Reilly married Maureen E. McPhilmy, a public relations executive, in 1995. They have one daughter, Madeline, born in 1998, and a son, Spencer, born in 2003.

Broadcasting career

After graduating from Marist College, O'Reilly moved to Miami, Florida at age 21, where he taught English and history at Monsignor Pace High School for two years. After leaving Miami, O'Reilly returned to school, earning a M.A. in Broadcast Journalism from Boston University in 1976. While attending Boston University, he was a reporter and columnist for various local newspapers and alternative news weeklies, including The Boston Phoenix. O'Reilly did his broadcast journalism internship in Miami during this time, and was also an entertainment writer and movie critic for The Miami Herald.

O'Reilly's early television news career included reporting and anchoring positions at WNEP-TV in Scranton, Pennsylvania, where he also reported the weather. At WFAA-TV in Dallas, Texas, O'Reilly was awarded the Dallas Press Club Award for excellence in investigative reporting. He then moved to KMGH-TV in Denver, Colorado where he won a Local Emmy Award for his coverage of a skyjacking. O'Reilly also worked for KATU-TV in Portland, Oregon, as well as TV stations in Hartford, Connecticut (WFSB-TV), and in Boston, Massachusetts.

In 1980, he anchored his own program on WCBS-TV in New York where he won his second Local Emmy for an investigation of corrupt city marshals. In 1982, he was promoted to the network as a CBS News correspondent and covered the wars in El Salvador and the Falkland Islands from his base in Buenos Aires, Argentina. He later left CBS over a dispute concerning the uncredited use in a report by Bob Schieffer of riot footage shot by O'Reilly's crew in Buenos Aires during the Falklands conflict. (A 1998 novel by O'Reilly, Those Who Trespass: A Novel of Television and Murder, depicts a television reporter who has a similar dispute over a Falklands War report. The character proceeds to exact his revenge on network staff in a series of graphically-described murders.)

In 1986, O'Reilly joined ABC News as a correspondent for ABC World News Tonight.

In 1989, O'Reilly joined the nationally syndicated King World (now CBS) program Inside Edition, a tabloid/gossip television program in competition with A Current Affair. He started as senior correspondent and backup anchor for British TV host David Frost, and subsequently became the program's anchor after Frost's termination. In addition to being one of the first American broadcasters to cover the dismantling of the Berlin Wall, O'Reilly also obtained the first exclusive interview with murderer Joel Steinberg and was the first television host from a national current affairs program on the scene of the 1992 Los Angeles riots.

In 1995, O'Reilly was replaced by former NBC News and CBS News anchor Deborah Norville on Inside Edition. He then enrolled at the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University, where he received a master's degree in Public Administration. After Harvard, he was hired by Roger Ailes, chairman and CEO of the then startup FOX News Channel, to anchor The O'Reilly Report. The show soon moved to a new time slot, and was renamed The O'Reilly Factor.

O'Reilly's radio program reaches 3.25 million-plus listeners and is carried by more than 400 radio stations.Conservative magazine NewsMax's "Top 25 Talk Radio Host" list selected O'Reilly to the #2 spot as most influential host in the nation.

What does it mean to "really live"?
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Billistic

Postby Billistic » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:06 am

Big-Will wrote:What does it mean to "really live"?

Magic Mushrooms.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:05 am

Counterpoint?

Billistic, you ignorant slut...
marvel_freak_42

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:09 am

My favorite Bill counterpoints:

"Shut up!"

"You're a moron!"

"Turn off his mic!"

"That's interesting. NOW SHUT UP!"
Founder of the Western Orthodox Branch of the Church of Butters!

"The world will know peace when humanity is extinguished."
-- False Awakenings
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:32 am

I am staying out of this.I don't really like what I have seen of Bill O Reiley but I don't really want to fight about it..Most of the time when we get on politics or religion this board turns into assh*le central..Billistic, you seem like a nice guy, believe me you don't want to see how nasty some of these debates can get. And I admit, if KTS or PLK ( who by the way I heard a rumor that they might infact be the same person) are involved and say something I don't like,I tend to want to go rip them a new assh*le, so I am not exactly innocent either. But at this time, I don't really want to get into those kind of fights anymore.
Last edited by M00ndragon69 on Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:37 am

Billistic wrote:

Magic Mushrooms.

I have never really lived. •rz

I am just a collection of pixels on your computer screens. :)

M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:43 am

LOL..Magic mushrooms? You know, I first met one of my best friends right after he got kicked of a bus because some bitch on there lied and told the driver she saw him eating magick mushrooms..LOL..It was wierd, he got off the bus as I was leaving the Burger King I used to work at..LOL..I walked out the door and suddenly this guy with purple dreadlocks was talking to me about how he got kicked off the bus. That was in 1999, and now he is my neighbor and he comes over and hangs out when I have a day off from work.
Billistic

Postby Billistic » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:41 am

Big-Will wrote:
Billistic wrote:

Magic Mushrooms.

I have never really lived. •rz

I am just a collection of pixels on your computer screens. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdLH9cdnD5U
Billistic

Postby Billistic » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:53 am

M00ndragon69 wrote:I am staying out of this.I don't really like what I have seen of Bill O Reiley but I don't really want to fight about it..Most of the time when we get on politics or religion this board turns into assh*le central..Billistic, you seem like a nice guy, believe me you don't want to see how nasty some of these debates can get. And I admit, if KTS or PLK ( who by the way I heard a rumor that they might infact be the same person) are involved and say something I don't like,I tend to want to go rip them a new assh*le, so I am not exactly innocent either. But at this time, I don't really want to get into those kind of fights anymore.

My beef isn't really even with Bill O'Riley, it's about him, but it's also about Scarborough and Hardball and Hannity and Combs, Ann Coulter, Keith Olbermann, Caffertyphile.

The news should be just the facts period. How many 24 hour news channels do we need? If I want an opt-ed piece about something I'll go on the internet. But trying to treat news as entertainment is bullsh*t. And if a 24 hour news channel that reports the straight dope can't survive because of bad ratings then so be it.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:26 am

Ugh, that one's in my top five of stupidest ads.

Anywho, I just can't stand to listen to him, let alone watch him.
:lol: When one of the sports-talk guys I listen to brings up O'Riley, the other hosts, the producer, and the board-op join in a chorus of "Bill, Bill, Bill O'Riley... For the Left!" set to the O'Reily Auto Parts jingle.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:32 am

Billistic wrote:
M00ndragon69 wrote:I am staying out of this.I don't really like what I have seen of Bill O Reiley but I don't really want to fight about it..Most of the time when we get on politics or religion this board turns into assh*le central..Billistic, you seem like a nice guy, believe me you don't want to see how nasty some of these debates can get. And I admit, if KTS or PLK ( who by the way I heard a rumor that they might infact be the same person) are involved and say something I don't like,I tend to want to go rip them a new assh*le, so I am not exactly innocent either. But at this time, I don't really want to get into those kind of fights anymore.

My beef isn't really even with Bill O'Riley, it's about him, but it's also about Scarborough and Hardball and Hannity and Combs, Ann Coulter, Keith Olbermann, Caffertyphile.

The news should be just the facts period. How many 24 hour news channels do we need? If I want an opt-ed piece about something I'll go on the internet. But trying to treat news as entertainment is bullsh*t. And if a 24 hour news channel that reports the straight dope can't survive because of bad ratings then so be it.

Well, newspapers have their op-ed pages. Why shouldn't TV News have its own op-ed segments? You just have to know who's reporting the news and who's commenting on it. If it's about the nature of such shows as the O'Reilly Factor, they have to report the news needed to establish the host's viewpoint.

Billistic

Postby Billistic » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:52 pm

Big-Will wrote:Well, newspapers have their op-ed pages. Why shouldn't TV News have its own op-ed segments? You just have to know who's reporting the news and who's commenting on it. If it's about the nature of such shows as the O'Reilly Factor, they have to report the news needed to establish the host's viewpoint.

Newspapers shouldn't have op-ed pieces either, if you're called news it should just be facts. If you want to have op-ed pieces it should be in a magazine that's inserted into the newspaper.

There's already entertainment tonight, CNN doesn't need to be reporting about Spears, Lohan or Hilton.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”