*1111: Imaginationland Episode II*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Billistic

Re: *1111: Imaginationland Episode II*

Postby Billistic » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:06 pm

M00ndragon69 wrote:It is important to think for yourself, if you care about some political issue, do the research on both sides of the issue for yourself. Don't just swallow what one person like Bill says. I think what Billistic said about his opinions not being his own but those of the corporation who employs him makes sense.Of course companies like that don't want the general public thinking for themselves, they have too much to loose. And besides, usually on those kind of talk shows the way issues are talked about is in a very one sided manner.No important political issues is just black and white.

This is honestly what I was not liking about the more political episodes of South Park in the last couple seasons. Not only did they seem to be lacking all the elements of South Park I love, but they seemed alot like the propaganda Bill spews. If I wanted that, we would have Fox News on the cable in this house.

"Do the research on both sides of the issue for yourself"

See, already you're playing into their hands, by saying both you make it sound like there's only 2 sides to an issue. There's many sides to any issue, infact, don't pick a side, when someone says "What's your stance on immigration" you say "There's a girl I kind of like, i think I'm going to ask her out to dinner" or "I think I'm going to take an art class"

If you try to take a side, if you try to come up with an opinion then you're already buying into the idea that there is a problem and something needs to be done about it. Maybe if everyone were worried about things in their life that really mattered you'd be amazed how most of these problems would melt away....

And yeah, I agree with you when south park got political, honestly really hated the 9/11 episode, I mean in the end they were saying buy in to the whole thing or you're retarted. I f*cking disagree, I don't have to buy in to the conspiracy theorists but the cold war is over kids and money has to get generated somehow and I find it all really convenient that 9/11 led right into the Iraq war and now looks like it's going to pull right into the Iran war, there's too much bullsh*t happening too many people getting kick backs, f*cking water not allowed on planes, no bin laden after all this sh*t I'm retarded because I think maybe the government isn't working in the best interest of it's people? Doesn't this whole thing have all the hallmarks of a scam?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:17 pm

Billistic, M00n, stop derailing the thread. Start a new one in Off-Topic debating how much of what Bill O'Reilly is preaching he actually believes.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Billistic

Postby Billistic » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:25 pm

Alright, new topic Big-Will. Shoot
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:22 pm

Well, maybe I didn't word it right, but yeah I know there are many sides of any given issue, not just two. I guess Shane can go start a debate thread about this in offtopic, hope it doesn't attract Kyle The Skeptic.

And,I really f*cking hated the whole thing last year on that episode about if you believe there was any kind of conspiracy about 9/11 you are retarded. It was a gross over simplification, and you don't just call people retarded because you disagree with them. Don't think I will be watching that episode again.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:46 pm

For the liberals who want to bitch about Bill without actual evidence(or reading my post), feel free to post in the new topic I made for you.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
OPL

Postby OPL » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:38 am

Oh. My. God. I swear, if Kyle actually does it... I've been a South Park fan forever. I've handled the highs, lows, and all the political incorrectness in between. But seriously, I feel like I can... identify with Kyle. And I may never get over it if Cartman gets the better of him like this, in this way.

I never thought that Matt and Trey could ever make me squirm so much about a new episode, but CONGRATS, GUYS! Ugh. The first episode was so good, too. Especially the Saving Private Ryan scene. That made me smile.

So, for my own sanity, for the love of KYLE, please M&T... do not make him suck Cartman's balls.

Oh, and more Kenny, please. I feel like the only reason people even remember Kenny is through the excellent roles that he plays in so many fanfictions. That's cool and all, but some original Kenny would be so refreshing. :unhoodedkenny:
"...But then, the lesson of Gore's Nobel Prize is that to talk big but do nothing of substance is what society rewards." -TMQ, ESPN Page 2
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:52 am

OPL wrote:Oh. My. God. I swear, if Kyle actually does it... I've been a South Park fan forever. I've handled the highs, lows, and all the political incorrectness in between. But seriously, I feel like I can... identify with Kyle. And I may never get over it if Cartman gets the better of him like this, in this way.

I never thought that Matt and Trey could ever make me squirm so much about a new episode, but CONGRATS, GUYS! Ugh. The first episode was so good, too. Especially the Saving Private Ryan scene. That made me smile.

So, for my own sanity, for the love of KYLE, please M&T... do not make him suck Cartman's balls.

THANK YOU for saying what I've been trying to say about the issue. I've never been that good with words.
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
OPL

Postby OPL » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:57 am

Indigo Rose wrote:
OPL wrote:Oh. My. God. I swear, if Kyle actually does it... I've been a South Park fan forever. I've handled the highs, lows, and all the political incorrectness in between. But seriously, I feel like I can... identify with Kyle. And I may never get over it if Cartman gets the better of him like this, in this way.

THANK YOU for saying what I've been trying to say about the issue. I've never been that good with words.

Heh, I can't help it, this has been driving me nuts. Nice to see there are fellow Kyle-sympathizers around.
"...But then, the lesson of Gore's Nobel Prize is that to talk big but do nothing of substance is what society rewards." -TMQ, ESPN Page 2
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:31 am

What got me excited about the whole arc is how they've somewhat returned to original story-plots rather than parodies of another movie or something like that. That in itself is an awesome thing!

:mrgreen:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
Whippletheduck

Postby Whippletheduck » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:08 am

Well, I certainly hope that the Imperious Leader of the Evil Side of Imagination Land is the worst of all ideas, ever....JAR JAR BINKS!!!
Quack Quack!!
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:35 am

Jar Jar Binks? The horror. He truly is 100% pure evil. LOL..Thanks for bringing him up Whipple..Now I am going to have nightmares...LOL
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:36 am

I think someone already spotted Jar Jar on the good side, which I must say is quite confusing. Maybe stuff like the concept of senior orgies would be on the other side. And I don't mean High School or College.
aydshadow

Postby aydshadow » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:29 pm

Episode 1111 is going to be so awesome!!!
Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:23 pm

BRMBug wrote:I think someone already spotted Jar Jar on the good side, which I must say is quite confusing. Maybe stuff like the concept of senior orgies would be on the other side. And I don't mean High School or College.

Note to self: never read threads here while drinking soda. You will only choke while laughing/being horrified and almost die.
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
CartmanMills

Postby CartmanMills » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:47 pm

I hope the episode follows the same thing with showing the evil characters of 'Imaginationland' like Mumm-Ra, Darth Vader and co. Would be very interesting :P

However, I have a feeling they could drop the ball big time. Started off brilliantly.. let's hope the quality gets better and better.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”