*1112: IMAGINATIONLAND Episode III*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

kingsnakeX

Re: *IMAGINATIONLAND Episode III*

Postby kingsnakeX » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:25 pm

I still think this episode sucked @ss. I can back this up in several ways. 1) the episode had no good action that lasted over 5 minutes. 2) the cut-aways ;(for example. cut -away from Imagiation Land to the Pentagon . The f*cking cut-aways sucked ass. 3) I'm starting to f*cking the whole Cartman vs . Kyle sh*t thats getting old right there. 4) Who in the f*ck made the episode over 2 subplots; sucking nuts, and terriosts blowing up imagaination LAND. Okay, thats just f*cking retarded. You combine something of two to get an episode that just f*cked. 5) On , Part III the ending I know that is not the 100% "real" ending. The ending where the Nuke hits Imagation Land should have killed everyone there , but there was a deux ex macina and that just unfucked things up there. M&T unfucked there mistake and brought everyone back that was "dead" for 3 seconds right there.

There you have right there ladies and gentlemen the reason why I think this whole triology sucked ass. I can say what I want because this is a free country, and this isnt f*cking USSR okay. If you got something with this then its your f*cking opinion , I dont give a sh*t okay.
I'm the crawling king snake and I rule my den.
-Jim Morrison
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:04 pm

And we're free to disagree with you. Get the tinfoil hat off of your head and stop acting like we're trying to control what you think. Calm down.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Emassei

Postby Emassei » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:41 pm

kingsnakeX wrote:I still think this episode sucked @ss. I can back this up in several ways. 1) the episode had no good action that lasted over 5 minutes. 2) the cut-aways ;(for example. cut -away from Imagiation Land to the Pentagon . The f*cking cut-aways sucked ass. 3) I'm starting to f*cking the whole Cartman vs . Kyle sh*t thats getting old right there. 4) Who in the f*ck made the episode over 2 subplots; sucking nuts, and terriosts blowing up imagaination LAND. Okay, thats just f*cking retarded. You combine something of two to get an episode that just f*cked. 5) On , Part III the ending I know that is not the 100% "real" ending. The ending where the Nuke hits Imagation Land should have killed everyone there , but there was a deux ex macina and that just unfucked things up there. M&T unfucked there mistake and brought everyone back that was "dead" for 3 seconds right there.

There you have right there ladies and gentlemen the reason why I think this whole triology sucked ass. I can say what I want because this is a free country, and this isnt f*cking USSR okay. If you got something with this then its your f*cking opinion , I dont give a sh*t okay.

Sounds like you care, or then why would of you made such a heated defense about why you don't care.
candies

Postby candies » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:44 am

kingsnakeX wrote:I still think this episode sucked @ss. I can back this up in several ways. 1) the episode had no good action that lasted over 5 minutes. 2) the cut-aways ;(for example. cut -away from Imagiation Land to the Pentagon . The f*cking cut-aways sucked ass. 3) I'm starting to f*cking the whole Cartman vs . Kyle sh*t thats getting old right there. 4)
Who in the f*ck made the episode over 2 subplots; sucking nuts, and terriosts blowing up imagaination LAND. Okay, thats just f*cking retarded. You combine something of two to get an episode that just f*cked. 5) On , Part III the ending I know that is not the 100% "real" ending. The ending where the Nuke hits Imagation Land should have killed everyone there , but there was a deux ex macina and that just unfucked things up there. M&T unfucked there mistake and brought everyone back that was "dead" for 3 seconds right there.

I do believe that you didn't understand this whole trilogy of the Pentagon, The ball sucking joke or the terrorist blowing up that Imaganationland. Maybe you should re-watched it before saying those idiotic things about this triplet episodes, people like you just don't understand this spectacular episodes....rattling sadly you're didn't like it at all...... :x
Xandir: And the important we are together, Draw toge--(Gets hit by the head)

Mr.Garrison: You go to Hell, You go to Hell and you die!
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:02 am

Maybe it's just me, but I wanted there to be a part during that particular scene where suddenly we hear an off-screen chomping sound, and imaginary Cartman's eyes bug out as he screams at the top of his lungs. Then we pan back over to Kyle (the real one) who has a grin on his face, while Cartman looks on indignantly.

Anyway, the episodes were very well rendered, but I thought there was a lack of originality when it came to the writing. Unoriginal characters, unoriginal motifs, unoriginal conflicts, and a lot of rehashing of elements from previous episodes that were only funny the first time around. Parts of it also seemed a bit rushed. It's kind of ironic than an episode centered around the imagination was somewhat lacking in the imagination department. Not to sound like a broken record, but in my opinion they missed a lot of opportunities given the material they were working with.

*Insert obligatory gripe about Kenny here*
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:12 am

kingsnakeX wrote:I still think this episode sucked @ss. I can back this up in several ways. 1) the episode had no good action that lasted over 5 minutes. 2) the cut-aways ;(for example. cut -away from Imagiation Land to the Pentagon . The f*cking cut-aways sucked ass. 3) I'm starting to f*cking the whole Cartman vs . Kyle sh*t thats getting old right there. 4) Who in the f*ck made the episode over 2 subplots; sucking nuts, and terriosts blowing up imagaination LAND. Okay, thats just f*cking retarded. You combine something of two to get an episode that just f*cked. 5) On , Part III the ending I know that is not the 100% "real" ending. The ending where the Nuke hits Imagation Land should have killed everyone there , but there was a deux ex macina and that just unfucked things up there. M&T unfucked there mistake and brought everyone back that was "dead" for 3 seconds right there.

Your lack of decent reasoning logic appalls me. I could swear...even a grade-schooler would have greater reasoning skills than this...

:cartmanlaugh:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
CartmanMills

Postby CartmanMills » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:16 am

Calling people 'retarded' and putting lots of f words doesn't do anything but make you stupid. If you can't debate without getting personal, don't post. It's as simple as that.

I personally loved this episode as seeing a lion scream "BELIEVE IN SANTA!" at a scared eight year old child was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Second reason was the appearence of Mumm-Ra, even for a split second.

No, seriously, I thought the episode had some genuine funny but serious moments. I thought the voice acting of Parker when, as Cartman, he screams that it isn't over and the look on Kyle' face.. awesome. The ending (with imaginary Cartman/Kyle) was seen a mile away but it was damn funny. However, I was dissapointed (and I know this point seems lame) at the lack of terrorists.

Think about it... they were the reason why it all happened. And in a second, they were taken out of the equation. You would have thought that they may have contributed somewhat towards the end; it just doesn't make a damn bit of sense story wise. But that's IMO.

Overall? Good story, good structure and it didn't go crazy with it all. The point made by Kyle actually sort of makes sense even though the idea of 'Imaginationland' is crazy.
Infusions

Postby Infusions » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:16 am

I think the only reason an episode like these three episodes are "unimaginative" to people is because people put so much thought into it, they come up with at least 20 different possibilities of "What might happen to who..." and "Who would do to what...", that if any of those ideas just happen to be in the episode, you guys go "OOHHH, SEEEEE? TOTALLY PREDICTABLE. :/"

Like... Can't you guys just read the premise and then be hyped up about the episode rather than guessing what the entire script is going to be? :c
What's the difference between a 7-11 and a smurf?

A 7-11 is a 24-hour convenience store and a smurf is a small blue fictional cartoon character.
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:20 am

CartmanMills wrote:Calling people 'retarded' and putting lots of f words doesn't do anything but make you stupid. If you can't debate without getting personal, don't post. It's as simple as that.

I personally loved this episode as seeing a lion scream "BELIEVE IN SANTA!" at a scared eight year old child was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Second reason was the appearence of Mumm-Ra, even for a split second.

No, seriously, I thought the episode had some genuine funny but serious moments. I thought the voice acting of Parker when, as Cartman, he screams that it isn't over and the look on Kyle' face.. awesome. The ending (with imaginary Cartman/Kyle) was seen a mile away but it was damn funny. However, I was dissapointed (and I know this point seems lame) at the lack of terrorists.

Think about it... they were the reason why it all happened. And in a second, they were taken out of the equation. You would have thought that they may have contributed somewhat towards the end; it just doesn't make a damn bit of sense story wise. But that's IMO.

Overall? Good story, good structure and it didn't go crazy with it all. The point made by Kyle actually sort of makes sense even though the idea of 'Imaginationland' is crazy.

I agree...

I love the part when the Pentagon official said "How is it that children break into the Pentagon so easily?" and how Cartman breaks through the (fixed broken) glass.

It was even better when Kyle did it- I completely didn't expect him to imitate a Cartman-esque entry.
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
KillingKenny666

Postby KillingKenny666 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:22 am

I love how that part repeats.

"It's an intruder coming from sector 2!"
AVENGED SEVENFOLD 4 EVER!!!
ushankasrockmysocks

Postby ushankasrockmysocks » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:35 am

BEST. EPISODE. EVER.

warning: the following is a biased rave and should not be read by anyone ;)

Well, it's probably not the best episode, really, but that's the way it feels right now. I just saw it online.

I may NEVER have enjoyed watching an episode as much as I enjoyed watching this one.

I take back anything I may have ever thought about M and T losing their touch.

I'm biased, I'm sure of it. First of all, I'm an English major who believes, above just about everything else, in the power of the story and the imagination. Really. Stories, the imagination - they're quite literally sacred to me.

I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER that M and T decided to do an entire trilogy about the imagination. And they did it so well - ! Affirming the power of the imagination, of ideas....Kyle talking about how ideas have affected us so deeply and how they endure....I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER.

The imagination got nuked! Stan, Kyle and everyone else got nuked! Yet Butters saved everyone! With the power of his imagination! I could just keep on talking in exclamations forever!

They made fun of Lord of the Rings! Again! And Jesus was Aragorn, did anyone notice that? The way his hair was falling in his face....so funny. I'm a huge fan of Lord of the Rings, so that certainly pushed my opinion in favour of this episode too.

Also, I loved - LOVED - the whole Cartman-imagines-you-know-what thing. I think I finally have pretty conclusive proof that Cartman is bi. Also, I....well, honestly I'm a bit of a C/K slasher, so I found it fascinating for that reason too. Doing it as "imaginary" was perfect - Cartman gets what he wants (oy!) and yet the "real" Kyle didn't have to do sh*t. I certainly never wanted the "real" Kyle to suck Cartman's balls - Kyle's my favourite character and I hate the idea of him submitting to Cartman like that! But I was still curious....so this really is the perfect resolution, from my POV.

I'm not saying the ep was perfect. Certainly not. I could point out flaws if I felt like it. But I don't. I'm still feeling the buzz it's left me with. My liking for this ep isn't only for this ep, really - this buzz I'm feeling is from the culmination of the whole trilogy, which just got better and better as it went along, I think. It's rather like The Return of the King - which it parodied - in that the payoffs are all here. It all worked so perfectly in the end.

Oh, oh - and it aired on Hallowe'en. My favourite day of the year other than Christmas. I adore Hallowe'en.

Considering all my biases and stuff, I ask myself, Could this whole situation GET any BETTER?!?! And I answer myself - no, no I don't think it could.

Did I mention yet how much I love this episode?

I had to rave, sorry. Rave is over.
Last edited by ushankasrockmysocks on Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CartmanMills

Postby CartmanMills » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:09 am

Like... Can't you guys just read the premise and then be hyped up about the episode rather than guessing what the entire script is going to be? :c

What?

I didn't say the episode was unimaginative; it's just that it was pretty much predicted how the Cartman/Kyle story was going to end. It's not necessarily a bad thing but when you see a movie ending a mile away, you don't say "Oh, it's all about the movie, not the end". The episode built up a great episode only to end it with 'imaginary' Cartman having 'imaginary' Kyle sucking his balls.. When something's predictable, it's lame.

The episode was still good though.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:10 am

CartmanMills wrote:However, I was dissapointed (and I know this point seems lame) at the lack of terrorists.

You're right, it doesn't make any sense story-wise, but that's okay and I enjoy seeing an occasional complete break from story structure like that.

But I think the terrorists getting killed off so quickly kind of illustrated the point that the terrorists aren't necessarily that big of a deal, and much worse can happen, and ultimately the "good guys" (US government) are the bigger threat (seriously, some suicide bombers and plenty of horror unleashed, but still, vs. a nuke and total annihilation? Both suck pretty bad but one is still more destructive than the other). ... And somebody kick my ass if this is too obvious and I'm just stating it; I'm only really saying it to throw in an idea about the complete lack of terrorists.
AssassinKenny

Postby AssassinKenny » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:24 am

This trilogy was way too f*ckin long for it's own good. It was about 2 episodes too long and way too much unnecessary bullsh*t.
Athena1999 wrote:AssassinKenny, I officially love you.

sig by Mr.Hat DX27, and that is me in that sig
crazyQH

Postby crazyQH » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:37 am

And this is why I love my school. XD Today, I honestly heard more South Park discussion that I have in a while, and I normally hear a lot of it as it is. Today in math, I heard a group of guys from the football team talking about the trilogy for over a half an hour, no lie, while we were supposed to be doing desk work. Normally I would have joined in the conversation, but I was moved to the front of the class. XD But everything they were saying was positive, and it just made me happy inside. :P

But yeah, I hope they do some sort of special DVD realease for this, as well as maybe a different epic two parter. (Cartoon Wars?) I just really wish they had made it into a movie, but it gives me hope that maybe they will actually make a full length film one of these days.

And yeah, the thing about the terrorists sort of disappearing, well..yeah, it didn't make much sense, but if they had chose to dwell on that, well, maybe the episode wouldn't have been as amazing as it was. Who knows.

So far this half season we've had five episodes, four of which now have been mainly focused on Cartman versus Kyle. I'm wondering if they're going to give it a break for the last two episodes and let someone else step up in an episode. Honestly, it doens't matter to me, as long as it's a good episode. Stan could use some more screen time, he still hasn't done much of anything this run.

A random thing about this episode, I think the part where Butters was the only one left, and he was just there with the white screen, that was..really weird. I liked it, and I'm glad it panned out how it did, but at first I was really like, "WTF?"

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”