Who do you like better, Mr or Ms. Garrison?

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Infusions

Re: Who do you like better, Mr or Ms. Garrison?

Postby Infusions » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:41 pm

They were both an excuse to be able to use sex jokes or sex plots.

So I don't think it really mattered that much to me.

Although, I do miss it when he would shout out at the students in such rage and be calm the next second. So if anything, I like it more when Garrison was dealing with school plots rather than sex plots.

"Go God Go" was a nice blend of the two and extremely well done, though. +15 to that.
What's the difference between a 7-11 and a smurf?

A 7-11 is a 24-hour convenience store and a smurf is a small blue fictional cartoon character.
sp150

Postby sp150 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:12 pm

Mr. Garrison, mostly because as Mr. Garrison he showed more personality, although it might help that (s)he has had few episodes with him/her as a central character not involving him/her in a relationship since the "change".
stupidrandy

Postby stupidrandy » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:59 pm

Garrison is funny, no matter what sex.
"Ok, now on too double penatration boy's".--Kyle's Jew dad!
KYLEZ#1FAN

Postby KYLEZ#1FAN » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:17 am

Mister. Garrison was much funnier when he/she had balls in my opinion. And the whole lesbian thing is just weird to me. In Follow That Egg, he/she was almost homophobic, what changed his/her mind?

Also, I miss Mr. Hat. M&T should bring him back somehow... he was a good character, even if he was a puppet.
Known as IHeartKyle5266 on KyleFanClub.com!!

"I don't need you anymore!"
"I know. I need you."
^Kyle and Stan.
ClownCarOnFire

Postby ClownCarOnFire » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:24 am

I like both. I mean, he didn't really change to me.
Now he just has a mutilated penis. :lol:
Drink Up Me Hearties, YoHo~
-K3NNY-

Postby -K3NNY- » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:16 pm

Mr Garrison is better than Mrs Garrison :|
South p4rk K1cks @SS!!
WhatevaIWaunt

Postby WhatevaIWaunt » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:05 pm

Definitely Mr. Garrison. His (her) personality completely disappeared when he got the sex change, now, all she is is a loud-mouthed jerk. Mr. Garrison was a loud-mouthed jerk, especially after he came out, as he was flaunting his openess (trust him to wreck people's impression of gays) but that was only one of many hilarious and amazing character traits. Mrs Garrison is just annoying, but Mr. Garrison was one of my favorite characters.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:30 pm

He was better as Mr. G, especially when he had Mr. Hat. Some Mr. Slave moments were hilarious, and shortly into the Mrs. era had some laughable lines, but with "D-Yikes!" it all went downhill. I found her "scissor" obsession to be tiresome, personally.

And I could not watch those "operation" scenes from 901 without getting queasy.

You know, I think my poll on this is still around here somewhere...

Ah, yes, HERE it is!
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:29 am

I liked the way Mr. Garrison evolved throughout the series, but episode 901 effectively destroyed him as a character.

Telling Mr. Slave to "just stop being gay" after all he'd been through in coming to accept himself seemed really unlikely for Garrison at that point in the series. It's like this woman thing came out of nowhere; he was ready to kill the Queer Eye guys for promoting the "metrosexual" fad that he perceived as a threat to his identity. And now he's a woman that is attracted to women. Is Garrison really that unstable?

Granted he's always been prone to going over the top, but in spite of his psychotic fits he appeared to have a reasonable outlook on the world. Now he's become a parody of himself.

Some things get better with age. Mr. Garrison isn't one of them.
GUITARQUEER-O

Postby GUITARQUEER-O » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:44 am

Bzzzt! Drrrr! Did you hear that Mr Hat? I sure did Mr Garrison, what a retard!
HeHeHeHe...

I think you see where my allegiance lieth.

Although I do agree largely with a lot of the comments saying that he/she is there as a means to set up sex/sexuality jokes.
Which is OK isn't it?
CobainIsMyBitch

Postby CobainIsMyBitch » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:28 pm

mr. garrison was way funnier than ms.
"Wait, some young boy's been having sex with Ms. Stevenson?"

"Yes."

"......Nice."
Mike; Off-Duty Ninja

Postby Mike; Off-Duty Ninja » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:03 am

Mr. Garrison was funnier. He was more crazy. Pretty soon Ms. Garrison will wind up being bi or a transvestite.

About Mr. Hat, his return would be cool. Perhaps there could be an episode about him finding a new host. Maybe like Cartman, who I eerily find similar to Garrison personality-wise. Or maybe Mr. Hat could find himself accompanying Darth Chef.
CobainIsMyBitch

Postby CobainIsMyBitch » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:23 am

Mike; Off-Duty Ninja wrote:Mr. Garrison was funnier. He was more crazy. Pretty soon Ms. Garrison will wind up being bi or a transvestite.

About Mr. Hat, his return would be cool. Perhaps there could be an episode about him finding a new host. Maybe like Cartman, who I eerily find similar to Garrison personality-wise. Or maybe Mr. Hat could find himself accompanying Darth Chef.

she did turn lesbian in "Dykes!"
"Wait, some young boy's been having sex with Ms. Stevenson?"

"Yes."

"......Nice."
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:54 am

Like I said, Garrison's gotten so gay he's circled back around to straight again.
PIPaul

Postby PIPaul » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:23 pm

Mr Garrison isn't gay and never has been, he's far too crazy to be gay. His sexual identity is constantly changing, because he needs to be even more extreme for himself, just like the show. The sex is just as much a manifestation of his madness as Hat or Twig.

I think his treatment of Mr. Slave was very in keeping with the charactar. He's a sociopath who doesn't really care about anyone else and expects them to do what he wants them to do on a whim, he's like an adult Cartman. I wouldn't be supprised if, Terminator Style, he was the future Cartman, except he's thin and has a female mum and all that.

That said, Garrison was never better than in his early days with Mr. Hat. We need the farther adventures of Mr. Hat :)

Return to “Character Discussion”