Football

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:27 am

Without Alexander and Matt, we beat the Rams. Alexander wasn't playing well, but he'll be running on fresh legs long after everyone else is on empty.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
StanismyMan

Postby StanismyMan » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:09 am

Unfortunetly, the Bears did not play today as I was hoping they would this year. I am looking forward to the Sunday and Monday games, however. I find myself starting to cheer for another team other then the Bears. Let's see if the person can figure out what team and WHO they are. They are screwing my brain over. ;D
Athena1999 wrote:Camels
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:11 am

I wonder who that is, Mel. :P

Well, me enjoyed myself today. 9-2, bitch. There's not much to break down in that game...it was just...wow. It was complete domination against a team I truly, truly hate...with a passion.

Joey Porter is easily the biggest ass in the NFL, no doubt about it. Celebrating after a f*cking no gain tackle when his team is down 17 f*cking points...God damn, he is such an assh*le. And God, f*cking Hines Ward thinks that the Ravens are trying to take a cheap shot at his knee. This is the NFL, bud. Sorry that you have an injured knee, but if you're not healthy you shouldn't play. You're actually playing unlike when Joey Porter pushed Todd Heap down when he had a f*cking injured ankle. God, he's such an ass. Glad to see them sucking balls this year. 4-7, how f*cking awesome.
PM me for my AIM SN. Lurkers are a bitch.
AngusMcTavish

Re: Football

Postby AngusMcTavish » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:40 am

Well, I was a little disappointed with the way the Seahawks lost to the Panthers; they didn't put up much of a struggle in the final quarter. But, I keep in mind that it's best if they get the weak stuff out of the way. Since they are division winners once more, they won't want to look foolish when the playoffs start.

Move over, Steelers! The Browns are back and lookin' to dominate the AFC North! The tie in that division was made possible by the Jaguars, who foiled Pitt's rally by scoring the winning TD.
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:43 am

Thank God.

The NFL got the Patriots/Giants game scheduled on NBC and CBS this Saturday. It was originally to air only on NFL network. Now everyone gets to see history in the making.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:26 am

^ I was happy to see that, too. Not having the NFL Network, myself, I think everyone should see whether or not it happens. I'm still bummed that I couldn't see the game when Green Bay and Dallas played, back when they were both 10-1, for the same reason.

I think I'd better find a tape for this one.
marvel_freak_42

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:02 pm

I honestly think Bill Belichick needs a personality implant.

Do I sound like a Patriots fans now?
Founder of the Western Orthodox Branch of the Church of Butters!

"The world will know peace when humanity is extinguished."
-- False Awakenings
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:49 am

CAUTION: Spoiler alert!!

The Quest for Perfection begins, and first sign of a score I saw...

The Giants get the first touchdown???

I get it: Toy with them at first, give 'em a taste of self-confidence, then put on a show, that's their plan, huh?

My VCR is set and recording right now, so I'll be watching first chance I get.
marvel_freak_42

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:19 am

AngusMcTavish wrote:CAUTION: Spoiler alert!!

The Quest for Perfection begins, and first sign of a score I saw...

The Giants get the first touchdown???

I get it: Toy with them at first, give 'em a taste of self-confidence, then put on a show, that's their plan, huh?

My VCR is set and recording right now, so I'll be watching first chance I get.

Don't see why they'd do that (unless they wanted to be dicks). They could easily take them 34-10.

-- False Awakenings
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:07 am

I mention the college approach because if you want to beat the other team, you have to study them and see how they play. That way, you can come back and beat them at their own game.

Know your enemy, I believe they say.

EDIT: 8:26 pm.

Pats 16-0

Yep, they came from behind, got the win 38-35, to get the first perfect regular season since the '72 Dolphins!

Playoffs await.
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:01 pm

I don't like the Patriots, but you have to at least respect them for going 16-0, so congrats to those guys. And since the Browns didn't make the playoffs (f*cking Titans...:lol:) I have officially jumped on Jacksonville's bandwagon in the AFC. Go Jags!
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:32 am

This week's picks for the Wild Card round:

Seahawks over Redskins
Jaguars over Steelers
Buccaneers over Giants
Chargers over Titans

Let's do it!
marvel_freak_42

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:22 am

The real question is...

Can anybody beat the Pats?

If they take the AFC (in which their only competition are the Jags and the Colts), the answer will be no.

-- False Awakenings
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:36 pm

Ah, but who in the NFC would be worthy enough to face them in the Super Bowl, huh?

Dallas had already played them during the season, and lost...duh, but what about Green Bay? What a season/career-capper that would be for Favre!

Edit: Speaking of GB, that's the next stop for the 'Hawks. They just came roaring back in the 4th and beat the 'Skins by 21, 35-14.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:17 am

AngusMcTavish wrote:Edit: Speaking of GB, that's the next stop for the 'Hawks. They just came roaring back in the 4th and beat the 'Skins by 21, 35-14.

Heh, remember the last Seattle-Green Bay playoff game? "We want the ball & we're going to score..."

Hee, hee!

Really, Matt? More like a pick-six for Al Harris!

I like the Packers' chances next week.

You read it! You can't unread it!

Return to “Hot Topics”