The Official Stan Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K

Re: The Second Official Stan Discussion Thread

Postby S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:13 pm

^LOL 1. you dont no my addresss and 2 your addempt hthat i will kick your ass
vexille

Postby vexille » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:48 am

S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K wrote:^LOL 1. you dont no my addresss and 2 your addempt hthat i will kick your ass

One, I wasn't exactly being serious.
Two, its "know" your address.
Three, "attempt" does not have "D's" in it.
And four, be careful what you wish for, buddy.
Calix Meus Enebriens "My Cup Makes Me Drunk"
wendy28

Postby wendy28 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:57 am

vexille wrote:
S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K wrote:^LOL 1. you dont no my addresss and 2 your addempt hthat i will kick your ass

One, I wasn't exactly being serious.
Two, its "know" your address.
Three, "attempt" does not have "D's" in it.
And four, be careful what you wish for, buddy.

yep, some people just dont get any irony at all. why arent there online-classes where to learn how to understand irony and sarcasm and how to respond to it? some people may actually benefit from that :wink:

btt: i think itd be quite cool to see more of stan and wendy. there is still a lot of stuff with these two they could make eps from i think.
favorite character: kyle!

Horrific, deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words!
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:26 pm

CartmansCuzzin wrote:Um k...do you guys think that there will be alot more Stan & Wendy stories for now on or was the end of "The List" just a way to get all of the Stan/Wendy lovers all pumped up for absolutely nothing? I would love for Stan to actually fight for her in an episode and no, not like in the movie, I mean a physical, all out brawl with an older kid or something lol...that would be a great episode.

That's really a good question. I think it falls under Matt/Trey's fitting SP with current events, or simply arcing stories around the two. Really, I see the vomiting at the end of "The List" as them raising the flag that this is a new beginning for Stan/Wendy.

With Stan's character considered, all you need is Eric or Kyle to egg Stan on to fight Token for taking her, or Stan can simply suffercate Wendy is attention that she seemed to crave back in "Raisins".

(Note: i fall under the assumption Wendy broke up as a grab for attention judging from Stan's honest comment to Bebe "We haven't spoken in weeks." Stan also could've angered her to go after Token as payback when Jimmy called her a c*nt, and most girls at their age tend to want to believe they're the center of the universe)

So, where can we go from The List?

*Bebe returns, and tries to extract revenge on Wendy, Stan(, and Kyle?)
*Stan VS Token (If anything, the Jessie Jackson fueled any bad blood they had, throw Cartman in the mix to fuel both sides on, and Kyle/Wendy trying to keep them from fighting)
*Girl's Society was never concluded. I'd imagine the 2 secretaries would be quite pissed Wendy ratted them out, they could target Stan. Keep in mind the representation of the Girl Society was like our congress, they can have serious strings to pull.
*Stan meets Wendy's family (can introduce Mom, dad, siblings) could lead to a sleep over where Stan might get the idea Wendy wants to do more than sleep? Could lead to funny results if Perverted Kenny gives Stan advice.
*Stan seems to be the type of person who's spontanious, even jealous (Follow that Egg, where he grew jealous of Kyle hanging with Wendy and felt his friend was back stabbing him). Stan could be controllive of who Wendy talks to and spark a fued with another boy, while still trying to keep Wendy.

Keep in mind, the goal of each idea would be to compromise the situation and keep the 2 together. As Wendy stated "I feel you changed in a real good way." If Stan screws this up and she sees he may not have changed, Stan might not get a 3rd chance.
SouthParkSoul

Postby SouthParkSoul » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:18 pm

Stan getting back together with wendy would be either a season opener or season finale. Either way, I'd like to see it happen. Plenty of possibilities there.... :!:
Küssen Sie meinen Esel

Taking the Banner of the Holy Marsh! Death to the Vile Lard!
Pathy

Postby Pathy » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:00 am

Well, i really like Stanley because he's a very sensitive guy (for example, in Raisins, Stan gets depressed because Wendy broke up with him). Also he's a good leader, critical on popular trends and he really loves animals.
I like his friendship with Kyle, and he has saved Kyle's life in several occations (most notably in Super best friends). I think that he's one of the best characters in SP
Pathy

Re:

Postby Pathy » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:35 am

DevilAngel16 wrote:Stan is a great character. Out of all of the characters on South Park, he is the one with the most common sense. He is definitely the natural born leader. I mean sure, once in a while Kyle is the one who leads the group and delivers the message in the end, but Stan plays a much better role as the leader, IMO.

I feel that Stan is the best character who portrays the views and morals of Matt and Trey themselves. Whatever Matt and Trey feel about something, Stan is usually the character that they will use to show it. An example of this is in episodes such as Trapped in the Closet or Manbearpig. In both of these episodes, Stan delivers a speech at the end showing what the creators think of the subject. (in this case it is the 'religion' of Scientology in TITC and the whole thing with Al Gore in MBG).

So, although everyone seems to say that Stan is the most 'normal' character in South Park, I feel that it's because he always seems to keep his cool in the most abnormal of situations. He doesn't freak out easily over things. He always maintains his normalcy, and that's one of the things I love about Stan.

Yeah, i think you're right.
Stanley is the best
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:31 am

Stan and Kyle seem to shift the leader role depending on who's more effected by the subject/situation at hand. If it's anti-Cartman, or anything involving morality, Kyle's usaully the commander, otherwise it'd be Stan.

I agree, Stan keeps cool in abnormal situations, him directing the 4 if "Manbearpig" shows his leadership, but I notice Stan has an impulsive manner, usaully when he's in danger (Literal and Metaphorical) but lately, especially in Imaginationland where there was a high death probability, he stayed on the ball and...well technically survived, though he and everyone else died.

That being said, is the Stan today the real one, or an imaginary one made by Butters? Makes you wonder if he, Kyle and Eric, are all imaginary, if they'll age or act the same (for the most part).
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:53 pm

That being said, is the Stan today the real one, or an imaginary one made by Butters? Makes you wonder if he, Kyle and Eric, are all imaginary, if they'll age or act the same (for the most part).

I think it's a given that Stan, Kyle and all the other south park charactars (butters included) are immaginary, living in Matt and Trey's immaginationland. Butters loosing his powers shows that he's no better than the rest of them, so they're back to being as "real" as they were.

CartmanzCuzzin wrote:was the end of "The List" just a way to get all of the Stan/Wendy lovers all pumped up for absolutely nothing?

I never thought of that but wouldn't put it past Matt and Trey. That said, i think the really do want them back together. Without Wendy, Stan is WAY more interchangable with Kyle, one of their bigest differences being the way they react with girls.

Bebe returns, and tries to extract revenge on Wendy, Stan(, and Kyle?)

I love Bebe so i'd like to see her return, just to do that, but the first episode after the list would be too soon. Mybee she could become the NEW professor chaos after being shunned from the girls?! She's gonna try andd get it on with Kyle though!

Stan VS Token (If anything, the Jessie Jackson fueled any bad blood they had, throw Cartman in the mix to fuel both sides on, and Kyle/Wendy trying to keep them from fighting)

I think the Token thing is over. They didn't really elaborate on it past that episode with the break up. I think it was a very short rebound affair.

Girl's Society was never concluded
While I'd like to see more of them, as recuring villains possibly, it's unlikely, as Matt and Try like to let unresolved issues slide.

Stan meets Wendy's family

That must be done. Everyone else has a fully formed family relationship. She needs developing.

"I feel you changed in a real good way."

Way for matt and Trey to pat their charactar development on the back!!!
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:34 am

vexille wrote:Hey, none this is praiseworthy of our lord and master. I demand you all write some appropriate butt-kissing material from now on. Or else. :twisted:

You mean Lord and Master.

The Theocracy of the Holy Marsh is doing its work and spreading His word. (Nationstates nation.)
Are you?
That's how it's down here on the farm!
vexille

Postby vexille » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:27 am

Well lets not split hairs. Those heretics had the temerity to put the Great One's character into question.
Calix Meus Enebriens "My Cup Makes Me Drunk"
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:30 am

Bahh, pay little heed to them. They saw my nation and its righteousness(And a military budget of over a trillion) nd have fled.

How are you, btw? We must think of things to say. Stan in Season 12: It starts soon, your wishes for Stan?
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:00 am

My wishes for my favorite little guy in South Park? More of him and Wendy, maybe he can put the moves on her like he claims he did back in Season 2 "Flash backs".
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:31 am

I hope they keep the Stan and Wendy thing on the backburner. There and referenced? Sure, but only a few times at least this half-season.
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:09 pm

^

In my eyes, if they spent an episode building it, I would like to see more than it be on the baxk burner, especially when story consistincy isn't common in cartoons, let alone South Park.

Though i see your point, can't drown us in it.

Return to “Character Discussion”