BBS Awards 2008 Q & A

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

AngusMcTavish

BBS Awards 2008 Q & A

Postby AngusMcTavish » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:00 am

Since I wish to keep the Voting Thread for voting ONLY, I figured some of you may have questions or discussions concerning it. This is where we can do that.
teh-lolrus

Re: BBS Awards 2008 Q & A

Postby teh-lolrus » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:02 am

AngusMcTavish wrote:Since I wish to keep the Voting Thread for voting ONLY, I figured some of you may have questions or discussions concerning it. This is where we can do that.

Quick question- if you don't have any ideas for a few of the entries yet, can you split the post with the stuff you decided and post the stuff you figure out later in a separate post?

:oops:
._.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:09 am

You can always go back and edit. I guess the problem there would be that the vote count would get messed up, but hopefully someone will notice down the road and give a more updated tally in his/her post.

Try to do it all at once if you can. Write your early picks down somewhere, and once you complete the list, you can post the whole shebang!
teh-lolrus

Postby teh-lolrus » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:09 am

AngusMcTavish wrote:You can always go back and edit. I guess the problem there would be that the vote count would get messed up, but hopefully someone will notice down the road and give a more updated tally in his/her post.

Try to do it all at once if you can. Write your early picks down somewhere, and once you complete the list, you can post the whole shebang!

Good idea.

:oops:
._.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:50 am

Wow! A couple of responses already!

Oh, and if anyone's reading this, could you please pass the word around about the thread? I'd like to get as many people involved as possible.

As far as deadlines, I'll probably shoot for the end of February, so don't delay, doggone it!

And for lolrus and Twilight...thaaaaanks! (hugs both)
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:20 am

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck! I'ma have trouble picking people...I find too many qualities in people. When does the thread close? It'll take me some time to think of a solid list. :P
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:51 am

I just can't decide who to pick for Master Debator. *rimshot*
rainbow.bix

Postby rainbow.bix » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:18 pm

People are voting for themselves! :x That's not fair.
Formerly terrance&philliparesw.

Just like weetbix... except queer
Blue Twilight

Postby Blue Twilight » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:57 am

I think there should be a rule that you can't vote for yourself.

What does anyone think about write-in categories? You know, unofficial ones that just the poster thinks of?
Illegitimi non carborundum.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:00 am

Blue Twilight wrote:I think there should be a rule that you can't vote for yourself.

What does anyone think about write-in categories? You know, unofficial ones that just the poster thinks of?

I seriously thought that was already in the rules. From what I pasted into the new thread, it should have been in there; the person who did started it last year had to have been very thorough.

There. I added the rule before the list of categories. Now, it would be a bit of a mess trying to sort all that out, so let's just keep what we have. Things will sort themselves out in the end.

Happy voting, everyone! (Guh, that sounded lame...)
EPAF

Postby EPAF » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:24 pm

Since this thread does exist and since this'll probably disappear under all the other crap on this thread in a few days time, AND, due to the fact that people will probably ignore me and my posts like a f***ing ghost like always, I might as well share my opinion on it.

This is not a rant. But I would just like to express my decision that I will not be "voting" in this "awards" thread for the following reason: the BBS Awards is nothing but a joke.

Having taken part in the past awards voting, I am not in anyway putting my hopes in there being any positive difference in the way people will vote and who exactly is voted. I have taken a look at the votes (at present) and I am glad I have got a couple of votes in one category, (and I thank the people who gave that vote) but voting for people based on words, images, post-counts and popularity isn't much of an "awards", is it? I mean, we don't really know one another and your reasons for voting are less on the actual category, and more on the fact that you are basing on these factors I've already mentioned.

And what does this do in the end? It just further emphasises on who's "popular" and "active", not who best fits these categories. I'm not saying this because I don't want to lose, (I don't even want to win either) I'm just surprised that something like this still exists. What's the point? Just because you see someone as fitting into a certain category, doesn't mean that that's the TRUE person. Someone could be really nice/talentted/funny/active, but yet, they might not be noticed and recognized because you decide to focus on someone else that you already know and have already voted for and recognized in the past.

And this is a warning for the future too - if you continue to categorize and class people unfairly based on a vote system that's so pathetic and so logically/physical impossible, then nobody else, who joins this forum, in the future will have a hope-in-hell chance of being liked apart from within the "Newbie" category.

I don't care what you say/think to/about me in response - only ONE person/user here knows how and why I feel this way.
crazyQH wrote:Ok EPAF, I'm officially granting you the title of having the best dream ever.
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:32 pm

BRMBug wrote:I just can't decide who to pick for Master Debator. *rimshot*

You stole my joke!

Quite a few of my votes remained the same as last years', I think. I know Bug for funniest member is a repeat vote, along with Hat for best helper. Fiddy as sexiest guy was another, along Max for best name. Hat for best sigs is another! -A-

How am I in the lead for best Debater? I'm a f*ckin' tool and an idiot. @_@
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:54 pm

Just a heads-up, everyone. The polls are now closed, and the winners have been determined! I have listed the runners-up as well as the winners in each category.

And I'd like to thank everyone who participated. It was fun seeing all the different names pop up with each person's votes.

And an extra-special thanks to the good people, the cool dudes and the kind ladies, who also selected me. Hand shakes and hugs where applicable!

Let's do this again next year! :D
love*metal

BBS Awards 2008 Commentary

Postby love*metal » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:32 pm

AngusMcTavish wrote:Hottest Male User: love*metal--8

LOL!!

Awww, thank you to everyone that voted for me =D
Cerisa_Roz

Re: BBS Awards 2008--Vote HERE!

Postby Cerisa_Roz » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:07 am

Most Mature User,eh? That's a surprise, considering how some people have thought of me as being nothing but a "stupid kid" (that needs a life) and/or an attention ho.

Thanks to those that voted, though. I'm a bit surprised I was even nominated ;^_^

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”