Blame Canada!

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

NMAK

Blame Canada!

Postby NMAK » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:26 pm

I'm from Canada :tp: and there's nothing more annoying then getting the new episodes on TV 2 weeks later then the Americans, I end up having to watch all the new episodes online it's really annoying whats the point of the delay in Canada I don't get it?! :cartmansopissedrightnow:
butters kenny

Re: Blame Canada!

Postby butters kenny » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:38 pm

my guess is :tp: america is using the tape first and they give it to canada later or it takes long for the signel to get to canada
I Wasn't choking you I was just hugging your neck

R.I.P Chef for realz this time

( chef joined the sith so why don't you?)

R.I.P Billy Bonka
NMAK

Postby NMAK » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:57 am

This must be some sort of government conspiracy, like 9-11... or maybe I'm just saying that because I'm watching "Mystery of the Urinal Deuce" instead of 'Tonsil Trouble'. :cartmansopissedrightnow:

I wish I had a raging clue, I think I need the hardly boys to solve this one.

The comedynetwork should realize that if we have to wait well just find it online. I wish I could wait 2 weeks but I can't :tweek:
SouthParkMaster66

Postby SouthParkMaster66 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:04 am

2 weeks? Season 12 won't start airing here until around October. But I don't really mind, I don't care if I have to watch them on the computer first.
This is a misfits rejection of a life in submission
butters kenny

Postby butters kenny » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:06 pm

well if you live in canada your accatlly really luky you didnt have to deal with bush as your president
I Wasn't choking you I was just hugging your neck

R.I.P Chef for realz this time

( chef joined the sith so why don't you?)

R.I.P Billy Bonka
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:34 pm

Again, be glad you're not in the EU. We just about got past the last half of season eleven when those guys in the USA got their grubby hands on season 12. Thank Science for the internet!
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
jacquesmoran

Postby jacquesmoran » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:14 pm

OP poster: the airwaves of canada belong to the people ie the govt. The govt sells off bits of these airwaves to the networks, the cbcs, the globals, the ctvs, you know the lineup. The networks then have to find content to fill their broadcasting day. For decades, being a canadian tv exec has been the easiest job in the universe. All they had to do was buy the rights to popular american shows and rebroadcast them in canada. (Yes, the govt mandates a certain amount of canadian content aka cancon, but quick: name five canadian entertainment shows.) Naturally, the network that creates the content gets first broadcast rights... So here we are in canada, always a week or so behind the curve. The computer age seems set to change all of this nonsense...
NMAK

Postby NMAK » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:28 am

Ya it's absolutely ridiculous how some things works, our music industry also seems to be 6 months behind in a lot of regards.

I finally got to watch the episode,

Blame Canada, Thank the Internet and youtube generation; maybe copyright infringement wouldn't be so rampant if PAYING for a service was AT LEAST EQUAL to bootlegging it.

But remember "You don't think downloading music of the Internet is a BIG DEAL, we'll I have something for you to see and your not going to like it!"

Matt and Trey I am really sorry if I am forcing you to only live in, semi luxury.
:cartmansmirk:
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:37 am

Yes, Canadian TV is stupid.

Although two hours or so ago I was watching Comedy and saw an ad for "an all new season of SP uncensored" on March 28. Wooow, that's like, six months ahead of time.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”