*1201 Tonsil Trouble* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

RayMaster

Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion*

Postby RayMaster » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:27 am

Again, I lauphed at the Jackovasaurus episode. the Barbrady vs. Jackoff thing was funny. Nothing in this episode was funny, I could see the parts that they wanted it to be funny, "I'm HIV positive" I get that that could have been funny, but it wasn't, terrible delivery, I know that the principle and the counceler making almost no difference between giving kyle aids and kyle being a tatlle tale could have been funny, but it wasn't, I was so insulted to read that so many posters found this episode funny, it makes me think they've never really watched an SP episode before, because to think this episode was funny you must be comparing it to total trash.
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:36 am

Come on, other people can have a different sense of humour to you. Other people don't have to be stupid to find different type of thing funny; the Jackovasaurus had as many laughs as this for me, and Awsome-O was one of my all time faves.

That said, I know the jokes were NOT pulled off anywhere NEARLY well enough in this, though the script could've been funny in principle. The qualitiy has sadly been sagging since 11.5 but it's probably going to pick up again. I hope.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
im_bicurious

Postby im_bicurious » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:39 am

i dont think that was a really good episode :( . i know that they will make better ones throughout the season
Owlday5

Postby Owlday5 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:55 am

Wasn't that funny.
I'm a MAD owl with a CRAZY life.
RayMaster

Postby RayMaster » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:04 am

I understand that people can have different senses of humor, I admitted that although I didn't like PHBF or Awesome-O I completely understand why others would find it funny, as with most television shows, I understand how some people could find it funny, I just don't. But SP watchers, I thought, were as little different, they wouldn't be amused by simple slapstick humor, where you need the audience laughing track in the background to let you know your supposed to laugh there and a joke just happened. And that's what this episode felt like to me, if there had been that terrible laugh track in this episode it would have fit in just right because they needed someone laughing in the background to let you know something should have been funny. The reason I feel so insulted is because I hold SP in such high regard. I feel like the genius that is required to keep coming out with rediculously funny episodes is phenominal. I understand that you can't 'hit it out of the park' so to speak on every single episode, but really, this episode fell beneath any kind of standard that SP tries to hold onto.
edrini71

Postby edrini71 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:11 am

There were a couple laughs here, but overall, a pretty bad episode. Most of the jokes were overdone (hiv positive was SO lame). I felt uncomfortable the entire episode and it wasn't just b/c of the subject matter, it was b/c I felt that the entire show was embarrassing. A lot of my friends and I usually love South Park, so I hosted a party for it. None of us were impressed.
Butters: I don't think I'm very happy. I always fall asleep to the sound of my own screams.

Blaintologist: Right, the reason that you are--

Butters: Then I always wake up in the morning to the sound of my own screams. Do you think I'm unhappy?
aparsons

Postby aparsons » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:14 am

Damn, 8 pages into this already? Well, i'd beat the living sh*t out of cartman just like kyle did, hell i would have done it the first time he started sh*t with me. It was pretty funny the way kyle kept busting up laughing everytime he saw cartman. I thought the episode was pretty good. HIV isn't funny at all, but sp (and a lot of other shows nowadays) build their material off things like that (look at mind of mencia).
Favorite Character: Kyle
Favorite Episodes: Tsst, Tonsil Trouble, Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy
Known as kylesbigfan69 on kylefanclub.com
Sol_110

Postby Sol_110 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:42 am

I concur with Raymaster. Incredibly lame episode. I have similar tastes in humor as well, although a million little fibers is definatly on my never watch again list. It might have been that I was overly excited but this episode fell so short I thought I might be watching a homemade Dub of a supposed real episode of southpark. Honestly not funny in the least. Everyone here holds such hatred for Cartman, I think he is the funniest and greatest character in southpark. Also for those of you who said Cartman giving Kyle AID's was the worst thing he's ever done.....did you all forget he ground up a kids parents into chilie and made him eat it???? Others here are right about them not being in character as well, Cartman will sue anyone for anything, so why not the doctor? Why didnt he yell "MOOOM KYLE IS BREAKING MY STUFF!!"? seems a bit out of character to me. And kyle?!? Where is the kind and patient kid that apparently everyone here loves? I can appreciate jokes looking back on the episode but I still dont laugh out loud like I can with others. All in all one of the worst episodes I have seen(not in a long time...ever). For those who did think it was funny, good for you im glad they could get laughs from someone cause from my friends and I they had none.
rachel_broflovski_9

Postby rachel_broflovski_9 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:43 am

I LOVED THIS EPISODE! IT WAS A GREAT FIRST EPSIDOE OF A GREAT SEASON!! Just one word though.Kyle....was sooooooo DAMN HOT in this!Espcially when he was angry!I WAS SOOOO PISSED AT CARTMAN THOUGH!Cant wait till next Wednesday!

Btw:The new opening was soooo BADASS!!!!! :D :mrgreen:
yammers

Postby yammers » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:09 am

Boring!

What ever happened to the South Park that I fell in love with?

What happened to the kids working together and funny jokes? Why am I watching Cartman and Eric fight and bitch at each other for YET ANOTHER EPISODE, its boring, its been done, its old.

I love South Park. I think its one of the greatest cartoons on television, but why have they done what they once said they wouldn't: Getting preachy and up its own ass with messages.

Please Matt and Trey, please bring back that season 5 - 9 humour that I fell in love with.
DanMullig

Postby DanMullig » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:23 am

Re: *Episode 1201 Post-Air Discussion* Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:59 am Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:31 pm2186Santa Monica... where I jump homeless people on my skateboard Best show on television, but not their best episode.

I wish I could have pitched this idea: to start the whole sh*t-rollercoaster going, it would have been awesome if during the surgery Cartman underwent that "anaesthetic consciousness" -- where people are conscious and feel everything during a surgery, but they appear to be unconscious to everyone else.

Exactly right! A pitch-perfect parody of the new Hayden Christiansen movie AWAKE. It would have been awesome in addition to some sort of Doctor mistake. And, of course, the cure for AIDS in the South Park World has to have a catch that makes the miracle impossible to execute in Africa or some other third-world country, Trey and Matt love that s***!
Daniel
This is f***ed up s*** right here,
Daniel Ryan Mulligan
Una persona

Postby Una persona » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:30 am

Well... I must say that I was specting something better for a season premier...
The episode wasn't that bad... but still it didn't make me laugh as southpark usually does. I did like some parts of the episode, like the "lovers" thing, the ice cream thing and the "retro" thing XD.
But something that I really liked was the new opening, XD awww, I really missed the stan and kyle duet. It brings back memories...
I hope that next episode is better, something that I didn't like was the erratic (?) behavior of the characters... cartman usually isn't like that he was too nice... kyle was so so... stan was... o.o stan? and finally about kenny...who is kenny!?.
Butters... o.o he was hmmm... as innocent as usual... XD the other thing that I liked was cartman's obsession with kyle...
But... this episode had the things that I didn't want for the season premier:
1.- cartman/kyle plot
2.- No stan o.o
3.- No kenny u.u (I must say that I wasn't really specting him in, but I was hoping so u.u)
u.u sorry if I misspell something
Aids Burger

Postby Aids Burger » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:43 am

How can a show as cool as South Park have so many bitchy, whiney fans?
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:46 am

yammers wrote:Boring!

Why am I watching Cartman and Eric fight and bitch at each other for YET ANOTHER EPISODE, its boring, its been done, its old.

...yes..a Cartman vs. Eric ep would be interesting... :lol:

But yea...It wasn't as terrible as D-Yikes or Imaginationland, but it didn't have Stan, Kenny, or much of Butters for that matter (well...at least they didn't over use him). The jokes were funny...for the first few times, and was funny in the begging but it gets repetitive in the last half. Can we finnally see an ep that isn't Kyle vs. Cartman based?

@AIS Burger: Because we can :o
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:55 am

Aids Burger wrote:How can a show as cool as South Park have so many bitchy, whiney fans?

Eh, it always seems like there's an equal number of people who love and hate each episode.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”