Who dosn't like Season 12 so far?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

superiorsavior

Re: Who dosn't like Season 12 so far?

Postby superiorsavior » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:56 pm

It seems like you've already brought the hammer down in the rational debating every post she ever puts forward sense. Which leaves the more sinistar/trollish sense.

And while the comment at the end was wrong, Candies point that the season is only 2 eps old is valid still. Debate that, not her little rhetoric spill.

Sorry to call Candise a n00b btw, I get lost in all these posters.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:01 am

I've been through many episodes where someone said exactly what candies said, I said what I said, and the person debated me on the topic. So, no, the debating sense isn't even started if she wishes to continue this.

As for her opinions on Season 12- I couldn't care less. I'm not angry because she likes season 12 so far, I like half of it as well. The only thing I care about is the attempts to downgrade my opinion. That is all.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:56 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:I've been through many episodes where someone said exactly what candies said, I said what I said, and the person debated me on the topic. So, no, the debating sense isn't even started if she wishes to continue this.

As for her opinions on Season 12- I couldn't care less. I'm not angry because she likes season 12 so far, I like half of it as well. The only thing I care about is the attempts to downgrade my opinion. That is all.

I hear you. In a sense she downgraded my opinion even more than yours because I admitted to not liking either episode.

But honestly, I couldn't read a post like this....

candies wrote:Tonsil Trouble and Britany’s new look has been amazingly good for season Twelve. Only two episode already aired and people just complains about “ This episode is unfunny” or “ They should do a lot more better” maybe some of them are Family Guy or Simpsons fans…

...and bring myself to get offended or even remotely concerned. Though her attitude is condescending, her post is so full of spelling and grammar mistakes she's just barely succeeding in making a coherent statement at all.

In reading forum posts, I instinctively ignore unintelligible crap like this - posts that are as devoid of substance as they are poorly articulated. I just don't see a need to get fired up about it.
Butterslover21

Postby Butterslover21 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:13 pm

okay, i am really tired of people saying how much season twelve sucks! i understand you guys think the newest episodes weren't so great, but come on! there were some pretty crappy episodes in the past, but you kept watching the show. just try to give it a chance cause i'm sure it's gonna get better.
honk if you're f*cking steve carell (cause i really wish i was!)

"i like girls with big fat titties, i like girls with deep vaginas" - kenny
Kennyfan84

Postby Kennyfan84 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:02 am

Season 12 has been disappointing so far, I love South Park but since season 10 the show has been falling apart and it's depressing.

One thing I dispise about the recent years is the fact that it's not about the four boys anymore, since season 10 the show largely is about Cartman doing some stupid over the top stuff, Kyle has been reduced to being Cartman's foil, Stan pops up every now and then, & Kenny is nowhere to be found anymore. Another thing I hate is in the old days Trey & Matt were very creative with the characters and creatures and the show must have a ton of great characters over the years but now all they do these days is Cartman, Butters, & Kyle.

Not to sound like a broken record but WHERE'S KENNY!? Why is it that Kenny seems to have dropped off the Earth please Trey & Matt, BRING BACK KENNY! Even if he just stands around with the other boys, just put him back with the boys where he belongs.

In all fairness, South Park I think still has legs and can enjoy a good several years, but I want Stan, Kyle, Cartman, & Kenny back together, that's all. I miss that, they can still make episodes about the four boys.
chel

Postby chel » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:47 am

There haven't been as much laughing this season [for me] as much as times where I've just thought "What the f*ck?!"

I'm okay with that.
"Dude, dolphins are intelligent and friendly!"
"Intelligent and friendly on rye bread, with some mayonaise."
CartmanMills

Postby CartmanMills » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:41 pm

I dislike it because it's become so off the point of how smart South Park used to be that it's become ridiculous. Even this next preview sounds pathetic - I don't mind parodies but it doesn't even sound funny. And when South Park, one of the funniest cartoons I've ever watched, becomes unfunny.. clearly, something's wrong.

I hope that the creators look at this board and the people criticising with reason as fair feedback and not just fans sh*tting all over new ideas. Because that is definately not the case.
ecartman147

Postby ecartman147 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:10 am

[quote][/quote]Not to sound like a broken record but WHERE'S KENNY!? Why is it that Kenny seems to have dropped off the Earth please Trey & Matt, BRING BACK KENNY! Even if he just stands around with the other boys, just put him back with the boys where he belongs.

Looks like you got your wish! The new preview looks like this episode could turn around the season!
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:33 am

Reason to release their Rock God side, check! Kenny, check! New animation style, check! Drugs, violence and boobies, check! If M and T mannage to f*ck up this idea, then they really have lost it.

Chel wrote:There haven't been as much laughing this season [for me] as much as times where I've just thought "What the f*ck?!"

Thank's for that [for me] but, this is a single person's oppinion thing. Though my oppinion is always right as usual :)
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

ghotitox

Postby ghotitox » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:34 am

Matt, Trey...
I am not a joiner, not part of your forums. But, I am your core fan.

I have loved 99% of your works, even when they made me uncomforatble-- that is WHY I liked you. I hated how you had Michael Landon in Hell, but you have also made me roll on the floor laughing more than any other creative people. I "GET" what you do, as a 38 year old Ph.D.

However, the Brintney Spears episode 12-2 is simply without merit, fun, social commentary, or anything else. When you could have accomplished your task by turning it up to 11, you chose 45. 11 was a fine level! But, outside the envelope you are. I hope that you are familiar with the term "jumping the shark"-- you just did... and I am sad.
Stevewpb

Postby Stevewpb » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:53 am

I’ve been a huge South Park since the beginning because the humor was usually awesome. The Aides Episode = complete crap. Britney Spears in South Park…writes itself and could have been hilarious. Total crap. The show made too much money and they lost their way. One more chance until I un-program my DVR. Sorry guys but South Park is probably finished. :(
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:57 am

Come on, South Park jumps the shark every episode (especially "Ice Cream" in season 2 :)) and the spears episode was nothing near as bad as Tonsil Trouble or AMLF for shark jumping. If you think there was no social commentry, i guess you never watch the news, or read newspapers, which feel obliged to ignore world events and focus on a stain on *insert starlet here's* skirt.

They never went too far in this, especially as compared with Cartman giving Kyle aids and the pair curing the disease (now THAT sir is shark Jumping teritory if ever I saw the Fonze waterski over certain doom!) or with Princess or Team America or Orgazmo.

I'd say it even had it's funny moments too, if you look hard enough, but that's just me. A failing student of 17 may be easier to please compared with a 38 year old with a PhD.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

olite

Postby olite » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:11 pm

Stevewpb wrote:I’ve been a huge South Park since the beginning because the humor was usually awesome. The Aides Episode = complete crap. Britney Spears in South Park…writes itself and could have been hilarious. Total crap. The show made too much money and they lost their way. One more chance until I un-program my DVR. Sorry guys but South Park is probably finished. :(

I think south park will have more years of sucess
thisischris

This Season is the Worst Season (and why)

Postby thisischris » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:18 am

(writing this in the hope that some South Park writers might read this)

I might be a minority here on these boards, but I have something that needs to be said. I'm saying that this new season of South Park is the worst in the history of South Park. That's right; it really blows. But hear me out on this one.

The problem with this season (and most of last season, too) is that they all deal with current events. The writers are trying to prove a point and be topical. But I think that's the downfall of the new season. Not only are the topics outdated most of the time (like the Canada goes on strike episode), but the point they're trying to put across doesn't make sense (like the Bono is a turd joke, wtf does that even mean?).

Remember the old times? The older episodes? When the entire episode didn't have anything to do current events, but relied on deep storylines and witty dialogs. The jokes were funny because they brought something new that we haven't heard before. The latest Canada-strike episode tries to bring back old internet memes and make them funny again, but we've all seen it before. It wasn't funny a second time around.

A good example of a good episode is the one when Cartman needs a babysitter and she brings her boyfriend and the cats have an orgy. That was a good episode because it wasn't trying to prove a point or be relevant to current events. It was funny because it was original and creative. The interactions between the characters made it funny, not because it was full of political jokes.

Look at season 11. The only good episodes are the lice one and the one about the list (and the Guitar Hero one too). Everything else was trying to prove some stupid point and wasn't funny. Those three episodes are the only decent ones in the entire season. Why? Because they were original and had nothing to do about modern stuff.

So, to the writers, it's not too late to save this season. Sure, everything up to now has been crap (the one about Britney Spears was arguably the worst SP episode ever). Lets ditch current events and start writing funny, original jokes. Lets focus on dialog and story instead of what's in last week's headlines. Then we'll see a much better South Park, harkening to the older days when it was actually funny.

That's just my opinion though. What do other people think?
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:17 pm

In Season 11, you also had Night of the Living Homeless which, despite its subtle message, is really just a zombie parody. So it isn't trying to prove anything. Neither were other episodes of the season, but I don't feel like arguing with you.

I agree about the Britney Spears episode, but I enjoyed the other three episodes.

As for a writer(AKA: Trey Parker) seeing your post: It won't happen. They hardly, if ever, read the forums and if they do they spend maybe five minutes.
That's how it's down here on the farm!

Return to “General South Park Discussion”