*1203: Major Boobage* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

teh-lolrus

Re: *1203: Major Boobage* Post-Air Discussion

Postby teh-lolrus » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:14 am

This episode pretty much redeems the last two for me. My rating? 9/10.

The good-

Kenny comes back and he's actually got lines and a decent role for once. It's a good break from Cartman-Kyle-Butters (although I love Kyle's interaction, he needs a break for now) episodes.

Gerald Broflovski takes on another good role, it's been a while since he's done anything significant. It's nice to see his lawyer powers and downfall to drugs. His ending part was great for parodying the corruption and skeletons in the closets of politicians; so very common these days.

Cartman still has a fragment of mercy in that twisted mentality of his. Honestly...keeping the other kitties (even if it was out of his selfishness) was very sweet of him to do. It got an 'Aww' moment out of me.

It prods fun at how the news and Dateline-esque shows cause mass hysteria and panic within people, especially protective parents. I've been waiting to see that; I honestly hate how parents will spazz over whatever was in the news recently.

The ending was cute. Kenny finds some poppies, gets high on life...and he starts tripping once again. Kyle's reaction (or was it Stan?) was adorable- What the Hell flowers is he getting high on or something like that.

The bad-

I didn't care so much for the titties part, but it wasn't so bad to irritate me. The Gerald-Kenny fight actually got a laugh out of me.

Eh...the most 'Metal' thing about the Heavy Metal parody were the creatures and the motifs on the car. Not to gripe...but yeah...I'm rather picky on what is and isn't 'metal'.

The ugly-

Not so much here. I liked this episode generally.
._.
Arolpin

Postby Arolpin » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:58 am

Just to follow up on the comment of the car being a Pontiac Firebird rather than a Corvette. It's actually a Firebird Trans-Am, based on the hood decal. For those of us who were old enough to remember when Heavy Metal came out (but were too young to see it in the theater and had to wait until it was on VHS), that car was f*ucking tits. Speaking of tits, I loved have the 'thunder chicken' even had tits.

I watched this last night and thought that it was as good as any episode since Scott Tenorman Must Die. I rewatched it tonight without as much as a single beer (or something more natural) to make sure it wasn't just the chemicals talking and it's still an outstanding episode.

Nobody seems to have picked up on Randy's great comment about how you never really get a good look at her boobs anyway, indicating that he's familiar with cheesing also.
REMEMBERMEWHENIWAS

Postby REMEMBERMEWHENIWAS » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:18 am

I liked that episode. Kenny doesn't have to die every time he's apart of the show. To see him all high on cat piss standing on the table was a little disturbing, only cause we never get too see that much of him, then when we do he's dieing or dead or about to die. It was cool to see him all high on flowers. His dancing at the end was the best thing ive ever seen on the show. Thats what i think. If I were to give a rating it would be 10/10.
Eight Bit Devil

Postby Eight Bit Devil » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:21 am

Great Episode. Just goes to show why Southpark unlike other shows gets better with age.
Fritz08

Postby Fritz08 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:26 am

I just love this episode. The Heavy Metal parody brought back a ton of memories for me but I have to say I love the Spitzer take off too. Man, these guys just keep getting better and better. :wink:
harlequin8

Postby harlequin8 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:48 am

Raising wrote:Been looking all over the place but can't find the name of the music in the last battle of kenny vs gerald, its not heavy metal - takin a ride :\

That's "Radar Rider" by Riggs. It's on the Heavy Metal soundtrack along with the Felder and Hagar songs.
Raising

Postby Raising » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:17 am

harlequin8 wrote:
Raising wrote:Been looking all over the place but can't find the name of the music in the last battle of kenny vs gerald, its not heavy metal - takin a ride :\

That's "Radar Rider" by Riggs. It's on the Heavy Metal soundtrack along with the Felder and Hagar songs.

thanks, couldn't find that anywhere :)
Vamroc

Postby Vamroc » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:46 am

I forget who wrote the song but I believe it's in the film HEAVY METAL which is the inspiration for the episode. Also the reason it's called "CHEESING" is because "It's FON to DO" I think a writer should be fired for that awful joke. This was by far the most polished episode EVER who new Matt and Trey were capable of cranking out an episode of this depth. All the fantasy art was stellar and matched the work found in the film right down to the car falling from the sky :frozenkenny:.
SPFAN69

Postby SPFAN69 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:17 am

This episode was great, when Gerald brought the cat to the basement lmao the look on his face when he got his buzz

I also thought it was funny that they were doing "Cat Piss" over in the bay area theres always a type of weed goin around called "Cat Piss"

I wonder how Matt and Trey got their influence!!

Also the JENKEM reference was hilarious

"Fermenting Feces"- Gerald on new ways to get high
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:52 am

SPFAN69 wrote:Also the JENKEM reference was hilarious

"Fermenting Feces"- Gerald on new ways to get high

Ahh, that clears it up. You can get high on anything that ferments. :)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
elky72

Postby elky72 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:52 am

Awesome episode, easily one of my favorites :zombiekenny:
clone

Postby clone » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:52 pm

I love this episode!Its so funny, I rate it 5/5.I havnt even seen heavy metal and I like it!
You shall respect my athority!!
skacraze330

Postby skacraze330 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:30 pm

best part was the fox news report. By far best ep of the season 9/10 because it dealt with kid issues that actually would happen to them
"Yes.......I'm a rocker" - Skylar
daniel1988

Postby daniel1988 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:13 pm

Kenny and Gerald wrestling in the sand box while being high on cheese has too be one of the funniest moments in South Park history!!! I don't think think I have ever laughed as hard!!! Also Cartman hiding fugitive cats in his attic was funny as f*ck!!! References to Anne Frank and that New York mayor have worked out well. A hell of a lot better than that Britney Spears episode.

ps, When will we get these episodes in Australia? I'd rather be watching these new episodes on my plasma than a small computer screen.
marco74

Postby marco74 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:26 pm

it s not the first time Cartman shows compassion for someone, it was like in the Jackovasaurus episode. He was very caring for them. Anyway aliens and animals are the most beloved creatures of the show.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”