*1204: Canada on Strike* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

LawrenceTaylor

Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby LawrenceTaylor » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:50 pm

Sounds great! I'm Canadian, so it'll be nice for us to be in the news a bit, ha. Don't really know what its gonna be about, but I don't doubt M and T. FYI, Canada had its own strike around this time last year, although it was more about actors being paid for their content online, as far as I know. Ours lasted about three months. I'm in a cartoon and now I get about 105% extra each paycheck for a five year online licensing deal, pretty sweet, unless I misinterpreted.
Last edited by LawrenceTaylor on Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Viktorguy, kinda

Postby Viktorguy, kinda » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:50 pm

Every episode of this season was great, i loved everyone, especially how the parodize Britney Spears, Heavy Metal and that people don't take AIDS serious anymore. I think this is gonna be a great episode.

I guess theres gonna be a strike because the maple sirup prices rose 1 cent, so everyone will be much poorer or some mindless crap like that^^

...and stop hating Canada, I love Canada
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:51 pm

Odds favor:

*Scott the dick and/or Saddam are behind this.
*Kenny dies (Canada and Kenny = bad mix)
*Ike goes with them, possible T/P involvement

Maybe more Stan?
Sonic Man78

Postby Sonic Man78 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:58 pm

Well, the last official Terrance and Phillip appearance was back in Season 10 with Cartoon Wars Pt. 2 when they met [a censored] Muhammad at the beginning of the episode, and the last actual Canadian based episode was back in Season 7 with Christmas in Canada.

Truth be told, I love Canadian based episodes and wish that Matt and Trey produced more like Not Without My Anus because it diversifies the show with different settings and characters. Perhaps a Terrance and Phillip spinoff??

As for the episode itself, it has great potential.

Episode 1201 - Tonsil Trouble = Funny [including the bad HIV puns]
Episode 1202 - Britney's New Look was in very poor taste, despite the references to the short story, "the Lottery". In my honest opinion, it was just as bad as "A Million Little Fibers".
Episode 1203 - Major Boobage = Drugs are bad, M'kay? While this was done before with the subplot of "Ike's Wee-Wee" and "Butt Out".

What will "Canada on Strike" bring? I can safely say that we'll find out come Wednesday evening.
"Bullies beware! The Hero Signal means you'll be hurting now!"
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:01 pm

Sonic Man78 wrote:Well, the last official Terrance and Phillip appearance was back in Season 10 with Cartoon Wars Pt. 2 when they met [a censored] Muhammad at the beginning of the episode, and the last actual Canadian based episode was back in Season 7 with Christmas in Canada.

Truth be told, I love Canadian based episodes and wish that Matt and Trey produced more like Not Without My Anus because it diversifies the show with different settings and characters. Perhaps a Terrance and Phillip spinoff??

As for the episode itself, it has great potential.

Episode 1201 - Tonsil Trouble = Funny [including the bad HIV puns]
Episode 1202 - Britney's New Look was in very poor taste, despite the references to the short story, "the Lottery". In my honest opinion, it was just as bad as "A Million Little Fibers".
Episode 1203 - Major Boobage = Drugs are bad, M'kay? While this was done before with the subplot of "Ike's Wee-Wee" and "Butt Out".

What will "Canada on Strike" bring? I can safely say that we'll find out come Wednesday evening.

Everyone's going with the idea of the writer strike. Maybe the idea can be:

"don't use the people who view your work shows as hostages?"

Also, Major Boobage's moral to me was about not abusing drugs and to not push friends away who are trying to help you.
ClownCarOnFire

Postby ClownCarOnFire » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:13 pm

Oh Canada, what are we going to do with you?
Drink Up Me Hearties, YoHo~
ayatolla19

Postby ayatolla19 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:32 pm

This episode is most definately going to be about the writers strike. We will most likely get to see T & P along with the Ike teaser we have seen on the homepage. I for one hope that we also get to see Scott, as mentioned before he's a dick, I hate him and I hope he gets cancer. Anyhow, can't wait to see atleast the trailer.
Nerys

Postby Nerys » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:37 pm

I really hope M.A.C. will kick some canadian asses this time!
(just kiddin'...I love Canada :D )
GregW

Postby GregW » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:56 pm

Some images from Comedy Central:

Image Image Image

(click for full view)

Press Release:

CANADA TAKES A STAND
IN AN ALL-NEW "SOUTH PARK" ON
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 2 AT 10:00 P.M. ON COMEDY CENTRAL

NEW YORK, March 31, 2008 – Canadians want more money and decide to stage a strike in an all-new episode of "South Park," entitled, "Canada On Strike!," premiering on Wednesday, April 2 at 10:00 p.m. (ET/PT) on COMEDY CENTRAL.

The head of the World Canadian Bureau leads the country into a long and painful strike and the responsibility of brokering a settlement rests with the boys. Meanwhile, people from Denmark flock to the U.S. and cross the picket lines to take the place of the striking Canadians. In conflict over whether or not to stand with their countrymen, Terrance and Phillip uncover the truth behind the outrageous cost of the strike.

Launched in 1997, "South Park," now in its 12th season, remains the highest-rated series on COMEDY CENTRAL. "South Park" repeats Wednesdays at 12:00 a.m., Thursdays at 10:00 p.m. and 12:00 a.m. and Sundays at 11:00 p.m. and 2:00 a.m.
At least we have аssholes, you dumb girl!
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:18 pm

Terrance and Philip? Who would've thunk it. Will Kenny die to keep his death streak in Canada?
McCormick Fan

Postby McCormick Fan » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:25 pm

This one looks to be a good episode! To me, it seems like a while since i saw Terrance and Philip, nice to see they're back!
The Most Under-Rated FanFic Writer since "Cyberdemons on Holiday" was banned.
CartmanMills

Postby CartmanMills » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:13 pm

Ehh, whatever. Has some promise to it but I'm not exactly gushing of this idea.

Let's see it.
chel

Postby chel » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:33 pm

Looks like Terrance has lost weight.
"Dude, dolphins are intelligent and friendly!"
"Intelligent and friendly on rye bread, with some mayonaise."
pawnta

Postby pawnta » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:55 pm

YAYY CANADA!!! =D
brandonleewhite17

Postby brandonleewhite17 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:04 pm

i have a question, what episode is it that the kids get new clothes?

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”