Come, Liberals, and Bitch about Bill!

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Jake, M'kay?
Posts: 1592
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:15 pm

Re: Come, Liberals, and Bitch about Bill!

Postby Jake, M'kay? » Thu May 22, 2008 1:00 am

"If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one there to hear it, my illegal logging business succeeds ."

"I have only two modes, at war with something, or having sex with it. There is no middle ground"
gtaca2005
Posts: 3915
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:36 am

Re: Come, Liberals, and Bitch about Bill!

Postby gtaca2005 » Thu May 22, 2008 4:14 am

^Colbert pissed off O' Reilly on his Factor show. He went on there for a serious interview, and Bill kept trying to get him to be his real self, and Colbert never broke character. He got all pissed like, "Who are you Colbert?!?" and, "Is that French Colbert!?!"

He gets PWND!

Just watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPfZBtxr ... re=related


-----------------------------------------------
Message cut off from last page:
-----------------------------------------------
Bill and his right wing bigotry at it again with who else? Thats right, Ms. Garrison's very own Richard Dawkins!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx4pXu4- ... re=related

This man is nuts! Like or hate Billy O', you can't deny the urge to watch the retards show. :o

Update:
Letterman and Bill go at it on The Late Show, David wins, IMO.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKftpGB0 ... re=related
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
gtaca2005
Posts: 3915
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:36 am

Re: Come, Liberals, and Bitch about Bill!

Postby gtaca2005 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:15 am

Sorry for the double post...

Yes, lets bitch about Bill....
http://foxattacks.com/kids
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Michaeloptv
Posts: 3545
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:02 pm

Re: Come, Liberals, and Bitch about Bill!

Postby Michaeloptv » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:23 am

"Where I go, Destruction will follow"


I am a hybrid of Butters, Tweek, and Clyde.

Official Winner of Page 1900!
Just_Jackie
Posts: 1409
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 1:38 am

Re: Come, Liberals, and Bitch about Bill!

Postby Just_Jackie » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:54 pm

Wow. This is really sad. I'm srsly.

Dude, guys, do you realize it's people like YOU that make him who he is? 90% of those who watch his show hate him. Which is ironic because of the fact that you are watching, companies advertise on his show and he makes a shitload of money. Dude if people who hated me (looks at Pip-Tweek) were making me a millionaire I'd go on TV and deliberately piss people off too.

There is a saying, "Out of sight, out of mind." That's very true for the media. Every time you post a video of him online you will cause someone new to go watch his show and he will make more money as a result. He will continue to be a big draw to Fox News and he will get even more airtime.

Maybe, instead of spending your time obsessing over someone who you don't know and will probably never meet...dude...learn a trade or something.

When push comes to shove, he has a show on a network that is allowed to put on whatever they want. And, as an American he is entitled to his opinion whether you agree with him or not. I don't understand why you would criticize that. Freedom of speech is extremely amazing. But if you love it, you have to really love it. If you want to be able to say whatever you want, you have to accept that someone with an opinion that is the exact opposite of yours has the same right. Otherwise, you're basically the Taliban.

If you have an issue with his opinion and think you can counter it with something rational and intelligent. Wonderful. Instead you post videos, only contributing "LMAO PWNTZ0RZD" to the conversation...and think you are making him look bad.

What you are doing is giving him free publicity.
gtaca2005
Posts: 3915
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:36 am

Re: Come, Liberals, and Bitch about Bill!

Postby gtaca2005 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:45 pm

Just_Jackie wrote:Wow. This is really sad. I'm srsly.

Dude, guys, do you realize it's people like YOU that make him who he is? 90% of those who watch his show hate him. Which is ironic because of the fact that you are watching, companies advertise on his show and he makes a shitload of money. Dude if people who hated me (looks at Pip-Tweek) were making me a millionaire I'd go on TV and deliberately piss people off too.

There is a saying, "Out of sight, out of mind." That's very true for the media. Every time you post a video of him online you will cause someone new to go watch his show and he will make more money as a result. He will continue to be a big draw to Fox News and he will get even more airtime.

Maybe, instead of spending your time obsessing over someone who you don't know and will probably never meet...dude...learn a trade or something.

When push comes to shove, he has a show on a network that is allowed to put on whatever they want. And, as an American he is entitled to his opinion whether you agree with him or not. I don't understand why you would criticize that. Freedom of speech is extremely amazing. But if you love it, you have to really love it. If you want to be able to say whatever you want, you have to accept that someone with an opinion that is the exact opposite of yours has the same right. Otherwise, you're basically the Taliban.

If you have an issue with his opinion and think you can counter it with something rational and intelligent. Wonderful. Instead you post videos, only contributing "LMAO PWNTZ0RZD" to the conversation...and think you are making him look bad.

What you are doing is giving him free publicity.

I have nice rebuttals to every thing I disagree with that he says, but the last thing I would want is for him to go off the air. It brings the idiots out of the woodwork, and, as you put it, gives me lulz. :)

(Freedom of speech gives me the right to bitch about his views. IF you want my side of the issue, I'll gladly tell. ;) )
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Pip Tweek
Posts: 5101
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:15 am

Re: Come, Liberals, and Bitch about Bill!

Postby Pip Tweek » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:57 pm

Just_Jackie wrote:
Dude if people who hated me (looks at Pip-Tweek)



Hey now, there's no need for that. I don't hate you. *{{hugs}}*


But since I was sort of brought into this, I might as well speak my piece.

I don't have a problem with Bill O per se, because in spite of his individual obtuseness, he's no different from any other pundit. I just dislike the format of his show and others like it.

It's a foregone conclusion when Bill has a "guest" on his show like, say, Michael Moore, that there won't be anything remotely resembling a rational, intellectual debate; you're just going to see two people who make a living from being opinionated blabbermouths bicker in circles until it's time to cut to commercials. What good is that?
CeeLos213
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:20 pm

Re: Come, Liberals, and Bitch about Bill!

Postby CeeLos213 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:43 am

Pip Tweek wrote:I don't have a problem with Bill O per se, because in spite of his individual obtuseness, he's no different from any other pundit. I just dislike the format of his show and others like it.

It's a foregone conclusion when Bill has a "guest" on his show like, say, Michael Moore, that there won't be anything remotely resembling a rational, intellectual debate; you're just going to see two people who make a living from being opinionated blabbermouths bicker in circles until it's time to cut to commercials. What good is that?


Hear, hear!

I don't watch Bill O either for this exact reason: it's a waste of time. Anything in this world worth "discussing", as a precondition, lacks concision. Therefore, unless he were to devote an entire hour to one guest, and speak only on one subject, while sticking to a format in which both speakers calmly make points and rebuttals in turn, nothing of intellectual value will transpire. Hell, even this format is no guarantee of intelligent discussion, but it would be a required minimum that Bill O's show will never achieve.

Nor will most of television for that matter. To a nation conditioned to 5 minute attention spans, the idea of an organized hour long debate is boring, and wouldn't sell. It's even somewhat boring to me, and I don't watch much television. What does sell is Jerry Springer style back and forth quibbling, with the added bonus that on Bill O's show they're well-to-do people. Cut it into 5 minute segments between commercials and you've got ratings. You could replace the guests with monkeys and still get the same effect.

Just_Jackie wrote:When push comes to shove, he has a show on a network that is allowed to put on whatever they want. And, as an American he is entitled to his opinion whether you agree with him or not. I don't understand why you would criticize that. Freedom of speech is extremely amazing. But if you love it, you have to really love it. If you want to be able to say whatever you want, you have to accept that someone with an opinion that is the exact opposite of yours has the same right. Otherwise, you're basically the Taliban.


So what about the content of the show? I've seen maybe 3 episodes of his show, and he seems like a bully who uses ad hominem tactics to equate his opponents to terrorists, or traitors, or a host of other strawmen--all meant to illicit an emotional response from the viewing audience. He's not the only one guilty of this, liberals do it too.

Jackie has a point here though. The emotional response is all that matters. Hate him or love him, if you're watching him, you're helping him. But what does it say about America that we give such importance to a show that can't possibly hope to educate anyone about anything? What does it say about freedom of speech? Personally, I love freedom of speech, but what you see on television is not at all representative of a freely speaking society. Airtime is a commodity, and how it's distributed seems to me at least as important as being "able to say whatever you want".
Current Film Director Sh!t List:
(Director/Reason Why)
Brett Ratner/X-Men 3
Jerry Bruckheimer/Bad Boys II
John McTiernan/Last Action Hero
George Lucas/should have quit while still ahead in 80's
Rob Cohen/*puke*
Michael Bay/unholy spawn of Satan
Just_Jackie
Posts: 1409
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 1:38 am

Re: Come, Liberals, and Bitch about Bill!

Postby Just_Jackie » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:22 am

We aren't talking about life changing educational stuff here. I mean, it's TV. We are talking about the same element that made The Jerry Springer Show and Jackass famous. I'm sure it disturbs that so many people enjoy watching people nitpick with Bill...and each other. But TV is a business and that's the way it is. I mean, nothing on that show is evil or unethical, so if people want to see it, and it will make money, there is someone out there who is willing to make it. People like to watch Bill O' fight with people, so they put it on the air.


And I have to admit I don't like Michael Moore so I enjoyed seeing him on O'Riely. I hope Al Franken will go on. I hate that sack of sh*t too.
CeeLos213
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:20 pm

Re: Come, Liberals, and Bitch about Bill!

Postby CeeLos213 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:40 am

Maybe not "educational" per se, but it pawns itself off as a "News" show, and many people take it that way. I should have said informative instead.


You're right though... it's TV. It's almost a given that ANYTHING you see on television nowadays, as a rule, cannot be taken seriously.

...save, of course, for South Park. :)
Current Film Director Sh!t List:
(Director/Reason Why)
Brett Ratner/X-Men 3
Jerry Bruckheimer/Bad Boys II
John McTiernan/Last Action Hero
George Lucas/should have quit while still ahead in 80's
Rob Cohen/*puke*
Michael Bay/unholy spawn of Satan
CaptainCameron
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:15 pm

Re: Come, Liberals, and Bitch about Bill!

Postby CaptainCameron » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:40 am

GTA, man, you sure seemed to get the whole, "No Youtube." thing down! :lol:
gtaca2005
Posts: 3915
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:36 am

Re: Come, Liberals, and Bitch about Bill!

Postby gtaca2005 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:43 am

CaptainCameron wrote:GTA, man, you sure seemed to get the whole, "No Youtube." thing down! :lol:

What do you mean? :?
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
CaptainCameron
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:15 pm

Re: Come, Liberals, and Bitch about Bill!

Postby CaptainCameron » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:46 am

You managed to put three youtube videos in one post.XD
gtaca2005
Posts: 3915
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:36 am

Re: Come, Liberals, and Bitch about Bill!

Postby gtaca2005 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:59 am

CaptainCameron wrote:You managed to put three youtube videos in one post.XD

OH................ Sarcasm. I got you now. :wink:

But Michaeloptv managed to get four. :lol:
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Pip Tweek
Posts: 5101
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:15 am

Re: Come, Liberals, and Bitch about Bill!

Postby Pip Tweek » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:06 am

Just_Jackie wrote: We are talking about the same element that made The Jerry Springer Show and Jackass famous.


That's fine when the subject matter is appropriate, but when we talk about government, current events and stuff that actually has a significant impact on our society, it's like, couldn't we raise the bar just a little higher? :evil:

Rhetorical question, of course.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest