case you guys are wondering why I haven't been here lately

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

nick007

case you guys are wondering why I haven't been here lately

Postby nick007 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:49 am

Bout a week ago I started having some sharp pain in my arm and then some numbness on my side so I went to my family doc and he referred me to the hospital because he thought I might of been having a stroke or something so they ran a bunch of test on me and kept me in their for a week. I'm feeling kind of out of it now but I'm going to try to post what I can remember. I had a private room witch was good because my doc recommended it because of my anxiety problems and stuff so hopefully my insurance will cover the difference between the semi-private room and the private. The 1st couple of days they ran a bunch of test and for one test, they had to make me go to sleep for that most people can take awake. They put in in this big machine thing and I had to remain perfectly still for what seemed like a very long time and I started having panic attacks and kept twitching so after a few tries, they put me to sleep for it. They think I could of been having those panic problems during some of the test because of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder(that could be it because I had a very tramatic child-hood that I want to forget about) but I think it could of also been partly because of all the other test they wer performing and because they had to change my meds a bit and put me on other stuff for some test. After the 1st few days, they kept me their mainly for observation rezones I think. Their still not sure what exactly caused it but they told me that three of the four meds I've been on can have serious complications with the other two that I was on so their not going to rule out med interactions. They did notice something on some of the brain scan test thou that they found unusual. Something that mainly shows up in people with schizophrenia was found but it was only small compared to schizophrenics but they think that could of been partly because of the meds too so their not sure what to think. They've been looking at my medical charts with my psych and they want to handle my meds for a while. I think their going to run more test on me to and I'l have to go reuraly to em for a while. My psych did come see me while I was in their and she talked to the docs a bit too bout some things. My family doc is pushing for them to give me an alternative treatment but only certain professionals in the mental field can authorize it and only under certain conditions but he thinks that because I have multiple problems they should look at the whole picture with me instead of just looking at each thing individually. The treatment has been proven to treat a lot of the symptoms for certain people but I think they had extreme cases of only one symptom at a time instead of multiple symptoms but less extreme. I'm not expecting em to aprove it but I'd like em to least consider it and talk to me more bout it because it would maybe get me off least two of the meds if it works rite. It probably doesn't always work and has a lot of risk involved but I'm tired of being on meds because they keep changing em on me because they either don't work, have bad side-effects I cant tolerate or they quit working after a while. I feel like crap a lot anyways so I don't feel like I have that much to lose by trying something else.

I have no clue if this made any kind of sense to you guys because I barely understand it myself.

I'm tired so I'm going back to bed soon I think but I'l try to force myself to stop by here and post a bit every few days or something if I can. I could use the escape here even if it's mainly reading one or two post..
If I had the chance
I'd ask the world to dance
And I'll be dancing with myself

Billy Idol~ Dancing With Myself

http://www.myspace.com/nickdouble07
BRMBug

Re: case you guys are wondering why I haven't been here lately

Postby BRMBug » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:12 pm

Well here's hoping you get off the sick soon.
MaxwellsSilverHammer

Postby MaxwellsSilverHammer » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:07 pm

*hug* That sounds freaky.. I'm so sorry that happened. :( Hope you feel better soon, man.
Ich bin über alles.
SoundClick [35 pieces // last update: 07.03.09]
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:13 pm

I so hope you get better soon. My sister's been having horrible problems with her epilepsy meds lately so I can see how bad it might be.

they told me that three of the four meds I've been on can have serious complications with the other two that I was on so their not going to rule out med interactions

Why didn't they tell you this earlier? Or rather, why did they even put you on them all when it risks complications... can't you sue for that?

They did notice something on some of the brain scan test thou that they found unusual.

Maybee it was the meds that were making this wierd thing in your brain?

I hope you at least get off a few of them and the symptoms go away.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”