*1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

MCkormick2

Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Postby MCkormick2 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:01 pm

Well, this episode will do more damage to Indiana Jones' appearance than any movie would ever have done, at least in my view. But, I don't care, I'm not that big a fan of Indiana Jones anyway. I could see the "aliens" thing, though, as it was keeping up with age-appropriate pop culture references of each decade (nazis and demons in the thirdies, commies and aliens in the fifties). At least Lucas and Spielberg didn't shoot him in the dick. You don't do that, man, you just don't.

Anyway, is it wrong that I got a boner during those rape scenes?
This is not a sig.
Namel

Postby Namel » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:02 pm

looknclick wrote:Can't get ova that America don't belong to England no mo?

No, can't "get ova" England being America's 51st state.

deano1985 wrote:The way peoples opinions vary here reminds me of the way butters view of indian jones varied to the other kids... That's the lesson i've learned today, that Matt and Trey can hit the truth better than we think they can.

Totaly agree.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re:

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:08 pm

Namel wrote:
looknclick wrote:Can't get ova that America don't belong to England no mo?

No, can't "get ova" England being America's 51st state.

No, England is America's 52nd state. Puerto Rico is number 51. :cartmanlaugh:
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
butters kenny

Postby butters kenny » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:10 pm

:x God damn it your not suppose to shoot a guy in the dick

over all an alright episode 8.9/10
I Wasn't choking you I was just hugging your neck

R.I.P Chef for realz this time

( chef joined the sith so why don't you?)

R.I.P Billy Bonka
spfan23

Postby spfan23 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:21 pm

LOLOLOLOLL!!!1 best episode so far even better than "make love not warcraft" this is going to be a great new season!!!! :lol: :D :mrgreen:
soulbringer9

Postby soulbringer9 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:39 pm

I have re-watched the episode and i still laugh at Butters shooting people in the dick, but still the indie scenes just make me want to think does Matt and Trey have a fascination of seeing a guy raped? It was very disturbing. You guys need to fire the writing staff.

Just remember canada on strike. That was pure hilarious throughout the episode. Whoever wrote that needs to be the next head writer. By the way are you guys going make references to the hurricanes of Ike and kyle?

:timmy:
BiffaTW

Postby BiffaTW » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:42 pm

When the hell are we going to get the episodes in England!!!! i know your doin your best M&T but we always have to wait to watch and we need it more than ever and cant find anywhere to watch it on the internet. please hurry. :x
Overmind

Postby Overmind » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:44 pm

Damn George Lucas and Steven Spielberg. First they raped ET (poor ET), then Star Wars, then Indiana Jones, and now Star Wars AGAIN (the new clone wars crap). When will he stop killing all his good ideas, and make new ones? :santa:
BiffaTW

Postby BiffaTW » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:48 pm

Found it right americans im going to watch it 5 hours later!!!
nomed4947

Postby nomed4947 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:15 pm

Truely a great episode , hey they were warned in the 'free hat' episode, lucas and speilburg had it comming

love the end, the bodies of yoda and shortround were found dead haha

my friend i saw 'crystal skull' with called me 15 min after the episode aired and was like 'best episode ever' and 'its like i wrote the script'
Laura_Loves_Kenny

Postby Laura_Loves_Kenny » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:30 pm

:? Bleh. Im sorry, it sucked. But I guess it's because I haven't seen the Indiana Jones movie.. I was totally clueless. I went throughout the whole episode like, what?

Although I do admit Cartman was right about the Chinese. OH! HERROW! We ah chinee peepu too, pree! :lol:

Lastly. I think the main reason a lot of people found this episode bad was because they were waiting months for it. And watching the previews, you get these awesome ideas in your head, about Kenny getting raped and Cartman goes to China and Kyle stops him... ah know. But the fact is, South Park IS and always has been hilarious. A few weak episodes wont kill us... :?
AlRich

Postby AlRich » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:55 pm

Anyone who thinks this episode was stupid is a f*cking moron that doesn't deserve to be watching South Park in the first place. I thought it was great, I remember seeing the opening for the Olymipics and thinking the exact same thing as Cartman. That and just yesterday I was discussing with a friend of mine how horrible that new Indiana Jones movie was and how it completely ruined the series... All that alien stuff and everything. This episode was so right on, I was pretty amazed really.
leandrosvs

Postby leandrosvs » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:10 pm

i wonder if spilberg or lucas will process south park creators
blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Kylesucks

Postby Kylesucks » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:14 pm

I thought the episode was ok, there was a few funny scenes like when Indiana Jones got raped and when Butters shoot guys in the dicks.

I also loved the way the police said "I love you too" and the swat guy said: "It stiiings", hilarious spelling.

But all in all it was too much drama parodying, and too slow scenes. I give it 6/10

Cant wait til next episode!
CartmanMills

Postby CartmanMills » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:17 pm

Loved the somewhat serious nature of a completely barmy idea with the whole rape/Indiana Jones scene and found it great the first few times- but they beat that idea like a dead horse until it was stale and predictable. And what started out as a great parody with the chinese turned into some ridiculous plot where Butters was shooting people in the dick - eurgh. Boring.

The thing about South Park now is that it seems to be more social commentary, like a "what will SP mock this week?" kind of comedy with little references to movies, books etc being thrown in at every angle for every character and every storyline. As much as I love the episodes about events and such, constantly being bombarded by it is actually making me go into each new episode expecting a piece of sh*t. And this episode turned into just that.

Cartman begins with hating the Chinese - brilliant, referencing his racist character and creating a potentially funny storyline with Butters. The other boy' real reactions to Indiana Jones was so hysterically over the top it was great. However, like most of Season 12's episodes (pretty much with the exception of Imaginationland and one or two others), it slowly dies a slow and painful death a few minutes later with the joke being extended to the point that it barely raises a smile - ooh look, Indiana Jones being raped. Yes, a reference to the new Indy movie and how crap it was... ooh, Deliverance... raping a Storm Trooper, ooh yes, that's a subtle reference to Clone Wars, don'tcha know? And it's that which is making South Park extremely unfunny - it's become a reference show, pointing out how smart the writers are because they've created a complex reference to how they feel about a certain issue. Except that forgot to make it funny.

I'm cool with people liking this episode - I'd never stop anyone, either. But I will and shall have my say - as a fan, I think I'm entitled to it. If I hate it, I hate it. And if I like something, I like something. The whole idea of 'well, why dont you write something then?' or this logic that we should all be greatful - no, wrong. The writers should be grateful that they have loyal fans that still put up with average to okay episodes, a stark contrast from several years ago. Problem is, now.. they've changed their comedy so much two seasons ago that it doesn't even resemble anything like it. It's just pop culture sh*t.

I always watch South Park out of a somewhat loyalty and curiosity factor - but it's definately on the verge of joining The Simpsons on the cartoons that once were funny but turned into silly pop-culture references for fans to get excited about because they 'get' the humour. And to argue with other fans about being too 'dumb' to understand it - yes, alienating the audience that made your show a success with your smart-arserey in every episode is SURELY going to work.

That's my two cents, anyhow. Feel free to debate.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”