*1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

BRMBug
Posts: 18534
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:43 am

Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Postby BRMBug » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:49 pm

Big-Will wrote:
BRMBug wrote:By the way, did anyone else see a single frame glitch on the episode's first airing during Stan's version of Indy's violation? It's not showing up online and of course, I didn't record it.


I didn't see any glitch there, but I found this one in Mitch's (Deliverance) version.
Image
...and this is a blooper, not a glitch, as indeed it was fixed for the online version. :D

Oh. Well, I remembered that it happened when Indy was on the screen, but I thought it was the first time.

Big-Will wrote:Those parodies are the only justification they have for showing three rape scenes, which is unfortunate. One rape scene was enough for me, but no, they had to DRILL it into you AGAIN AND AGAIN!

...So to speak.
ShaneHaughey
Posts: 11192
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:36 pm

Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:09 pm

Truder wrote:1- The Indie rape scenes were ALL parodies of movies that had rape scenes, basically shot by shot. People who know film would get the joke, and people who have seen the movies will get them. Plus, the other joke is that Indiana Jones is a fictional character and that by screwing up the franchise with IJ:TCS they have raped your memories of him.
2- When was South Park guilt free? Was it when young preteen kids yelled curses at aliens? When one of the kids was killed every week? When a piece of sh*t is a valued member of Christmas? When one of the "mothers" was a hermaphrodite?
South Park has never been guilt free. Ever.
....

It's not that I dont get it. Or that I'm even bitching nor did I even suggest the show to be cancled. Some cainite trash suggested that I said this which is false. If the show needs to go to such shocking lengths to say "indiana was raped" then I'm saying the show has gone from decent to corrupt as hell. I dont feel like dehumanizing myself for a laugh. I'll let the pieces fall where they may.

That's the thing though: South Park has never been decent and it isn't corrupt. You weren't supposed to laugh at the rape itself- you were supposed to laugh at how well the movie references fit into the theme of, "They raped Indiana Jones".
There have been episodes before this that have been much, much worse and if this is your line then my question to you is this:
How long ago was that line crossed? The show has done much worse.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
James--76
Posts: 1259
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:44 pm

Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Postby James--76 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:37 pm

Did anyone else notice the 3 men who quickly left when indy was getting raped the second time in the bar? they where the villians from raiders of the lost ark.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
BRMBug
Posts: 18534
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:43 am

Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Postby BRMBug » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:43 pm

Yeah, you know crazy sh*t's going down when even Col. Dietrich wants nothing to do with it.
cooncatbob
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:25 am

Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Postby cooncatbob » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:04 pm

The Indiana Jones sites won't permit discussion of the rape of their beloved hero and lock down or delete all such topic.
Was it rape? or was Indiana Jones whoring himself off.
If it was rape Harrison Ford should have been shown raping his own beloved character.

BTW. About time someone called them out for that piece of trash.
Those 2 have all the money in the world, couldn't they have hired a decent writer to write a decent screen play?
Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 18927
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:57 am

Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Big-Will » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:10 pm

cooncatbob wrote:Was it rape? or was Indiana Jones whoring himself off.
If it was rape Harrison Ford should have been shown raping his own beloved character.

I was thinking that too, especially since there's news that he's down with doing IJ V.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
mmm
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:27 pm

Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Postby mmm » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:11 pm

hi

Yeah this episode sucked. The chinese... what kind of plot was that, a crappy idea, very middle school. The shooting in the dick was a little funny. The Indiana Jones thing was worth about one joke or 30 seconds, not HALF THE EPISODE. And I am also sick or the extreme overreactions all the time. m&t are definitely losing their spark. They have probably become hollywood douche bags. f*ck this, f*ck off
jewish pride
Posts: 1534
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:11 am

Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Postby jewish pride » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:22 pm

Big-Will wrote:
cooncatbob wrote:Was it rape? or was Indiana Jones whoring himself off.
If it was rape Harrison Ford should have been shown raping his own beloved character.

I was thinking that too, especially since there's news that he's down with doing IJ V.

i thought about the same thing too, but then i figured matt and trey meant that they raped the fictional character indiana jones, not ford who got willingly into that
polymorph
Posts: 1007
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:57 pm

Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Postby polymorph » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:42 pm

I'm not sure how to react with this episode the beggining was pretty funny but once the rape scenes started to appear it became hard to watch and really predictable, Cartman getting pissed off about the dick shooting was the only up side from that point on.
Image
Rasputin, bring in the bucket of soapy frogs and remove his trousers
Truder
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:35 am

Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Truder » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:13 pm

deano1985 wrote:I dont see why people have to argue over it on the forums, while someone might like this episode, they might not like another episode which most people like.

That's why it's good the shows varied now, it reaches different audiences, they still have their original outrageous episodes, but now also have episodes with an agenda behind them.

I think southpark is moving in the right direction.. you only have to look at the viewing figures and awards.

To sum up, people have different tastes, no point arguing about it.


The debate isnt over how good the show is, the debate is should they go to such lengths to get a laugh out of people. That and I'm also considering that the writters have certain talking points and told to make shows involving pedophilia, rape, and torture to desensitize and dehumanized an already massively jaded public. Let's put it this way: say I made an animated scene where a young boy jerks a dog off till it cums in its mouth and put it on the internet and call it entertainment....what do you think would and should happen?
Truder
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:35 am

Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Truder » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:20 pm

ShaneHaughey wrote:
Truder wrote:1- The Indie rape scenes were ALL parodies of movies that had rape scenes, basically shot by shot. People who know film would get the joke, and people who have seen the movies will get them. Plus, the other joke is that Indiana Jones is a fictional character and that by screwing up the franchise with IJ:TCS they have raped your memories of him.
2- When was South Park guilt free? Was it when young preteen kids yelled curses at aliens? When one of the kids was killed every week? When a piece of sh*t is a valued member of Christmas? When one of the "mothers" was a hermaphrodite?
South Park has never been guilt free. Ever.
....

It's not that I dont get it. Or that I'm even bitching nor did I even suggest the show to be cancled. Some cainite trash suggested that I said this which is false. If the show needs to go to such shocking lengths to say "indiana was raped" then I'm saying the show has gone from decent to corrupt as hell. I dont feel like dehumanizing myself for a laugh. I'll let the pieces fall where they may.

That's the thing though: South Park has never been decent and it isn't corrupt. You weren't supposed to laugh at the rape itself- you were supposed to laugh at how well the movie references fit into the theme of, "They raped Indiana Jones".
There have been episodes before this that have been much, much worse and if this is your line then my question to you is this:
How long ago was that line crossed? The show has done much worse.


It has done much worse. How much worse can it get? The border between down right evil and morbid has been crossed many a times and I feel robbed of a show that brought me a lot of joy. Perhaps I shouldnt of used the word "decent" but I meant "watchable." The show is corrupt, sir. Mat and Trey both have said their goal was to get to hollywood and sell out as quick as possible. Now its all about taking dehumanizing subjects and working them into a plot for the dumbed down jaded public. Wake up or dont. I've taken the red pill.
superiorsavior
Posts: 4261
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Postby superiorsavior » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:06 pm

Very predictable in both plots :(
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
Aids Burger
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:13 pm

Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Aids Burger » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:54 pm

I watched this episode again and liked it even more! I think what they really meant to say here is that the viewing public are the ones getting raped when they pay to see such a terrible film. And they're right. There is so much crap spewing out of Hollywood these days we're lucky if we get to see 2 good movies a year. Even Speilberg & Lucas can't be bothered to deliver a good product anymore. Instead of blaming pirating for lost revenue, the movie industry should be taking a long hard look at all the garbage they are delivering to the masses.
dont4get2bringatowle
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:31 am

Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Postby dont4get2bringatowle » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:41 pm

:evil: i dont like the whole season 12 south park is going down the drain! i no people dont like it when kenny dies, but its his thing hes a cartoon character 4 god sake, he ganna come back the next episode :zombiekenny: kenny didnt die at all during season 12 wats up with that :!: i want the old south park back :!:
Flexxo
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:45 pm

Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Flexxo » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:11 am

The following program contains coarse language and due to its content it should not be viewed by anyone.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests