*1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

KyleBroflovski99

Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion

Postby KyleBroflovski99 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:31 am

For people who say bad things about South Park because of that episode I have to say:"Come on, it's just an episode!"

The discussion is just like that in "201 - Not Without My Anus," the people said, they won't watch South Park anymore, too. I myself like both episodes very much.
Kobb

Postby Kobb » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:23 am

After reading this thread, I have just gained a massive amount of respect for this episode? Why?

Because it's a perfect case of where a show's impact is greater than the show itself. In terms of writing and whatnot, the episode was average. But the fact that so many people are either offended about the episode or hate it makes it, for me, about five times funnier than it normally would. That's the thing I like about South Park; the more people hate it or are offended by it, the funnier it is. That's why I have great respect for episodes like T&P:NWMA and this, because they were lampooned not only by critics for being offensive, but the fans themselves! It makes me laugh how both ends of the spectrum are hating on this episode, and frankly the fact that so much hate arupted from the episode in generally is about fifty times funnier than anything that actually appeared in the episode.

It probably makes no sense, but that's what I think. I wouldn't care if Butters was only character in the episode; the fact that so many people got butthurt and/or upset over this makes the episode extremely funnier than before, and I don't even have to watch it to make it funny.
HeyJo

Postby HeyJo » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:05 am

Loved this episode. especially the Butters/Cartman storyline. They are the funniest pair in imo, so don't ever stop with that, Matt and Trey. They are a winning combination and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
Butters shooting everybody in the dick was f'n hilarious. :lol:
gorillacupcakes

Postby gorillacupcakes » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:27 am

I was wondering if Cartmans American Liberation Front was poking fun at or using the Animal Liberation Front (ALF) as a reference.
ragnar525

Postby ragnar525 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:43 am

i didnt think it was good :shock:
Diablo-X

Postby Diablo-X » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:10 am

Meh, this episode sucked almost as much as the the Britney one.

Who the hell is writing this Season? 3 funny episodes out 7 is disappointing :(.
mmm

Postby mmm » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:29 pm

Knobb, I understand what you are saying, I am the same way, but T&P:NWMA was actually funny because M&T were tring to be stupid to piss people off. This episode was a serious attempt to be funny that FAILED. I was not offended by the episode, it was just not funny.

Next weeks episode better not suck, sp is starting to become very sh*tty.

With the way recent episodes are sucking I cant imagine what a new sp movie would be like. Oh wait yes I can... IT WOULD f*cking BLOW.
Chrizzpy

Postby Chrizzpy » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:22 pm

This episode was L.A.M.E. :cry:
Scuttlebutt

Brilliant once again!

Postby Scuttlebutt » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:38 pm

Lucas & Spielberg deserve it..... Indy 4 is just one of many movies that has thus far been raped. This episode is just saying what we all want to say.... "enough is enough!" Between changes made to the original Star Wars trilogy, the totally gay changes Spielberg made to E.T., the release of Indy 4, and Darth Vader reduced to a whiny, lil' bitch of the darkside, I feel as if my hold childhood is being f*cked with. Iconic characters that I have so many fond memories of are now being exploited in unimaginable ways..... or you could say are metaphorically being raped. Kudos to Trey Parker & Matt Stone for having the balls once again to put a couple of Hollywood honchos in their place.
xphoenixrising

Postby xphoenixrising » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:34 pm

I.... really didn't need to see George Lucas come... that... was so friggin' disturbing. A little too graphic for my tastes but besides those f-ed up scenes, as a whole, I'd give this episode 7.5/10.

Dude... where's the brain bleach? I think... maybe that was going a tiny bit too far, guys. *shudder*
Nephix

Postby Nephix » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:32 pm

Matt & Trey should either start making the episodes fun again like the first season, and make them about Kyle,Cartman,Stan & Kenny again ..or they should stop making episodes right away, i didnt have 1 laugh with this episode, the part with cartman pretending he is chinese was very average (a little bit funny) and the part with the rape went too far, offending someone is ofcourse one of south parks trademarks, but portraying someone as a rapist is NOT the way to go... i hope they realise that they are really going too far to make an episode these days.

Matt & trey ..either get your act together and make SP fun again, or just STOP making episodes.

Conclusion: Its going too far, basically the episodes are allmost not about the four main characters anymore, and i cant even laugh at it...

Thanks for reading this,

Nephix.
goodtymes1320

Postby goodtymes1320 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:56 pm

Hillarious,i wonder if that rape scene on the pin-ball machine came from that Jodie Foster movie The Accused?Spielburg & Lucas makin Indy squeal like a pig breeeeeeebreeeeee was crazy. Butters as a chink wit that hat funny sh*t.Watch out for Butters he'll shoot u in the dick.hahahahhaha
luke4215

Postby luke4215 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:21 pm

I don't see why everyone is saying this episode sucks. I personally liked the episode alot, and agree that Speilberg and Lucas have raped Indiana Jones.

And on another note, I don't really like the first seasons. Maybe it's because I didnt' really start watching SP until later, but to me the early episodes seem kind of stupid and plotless.

I like how Matt and Trey use current events in their episodes. Seems to me that they are using South Park to express their own opinions on whats going on in the world. South Park is awesome as it is now and I don't think it should change.
Favorite Character: Randy Marsh, Butters

"BAH!!"
"What is it Randy?!"
"Nothing... Just startled myself... BAH!!"
Dirty Hippie Man

Postby Dirty Hippie Man » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:14 am

Meh, to be honest I really didn't like the whole Chinese part of the episode. I liked the intro with Cartman flipping out in a nightmare about the Chinese, but the rest involving Cartman was...not going where I was hoping it would go.

I did like the rape part of the episode. The rapes were a little graphic, but I can handle that.
Don't nuke our imaginations bro!
berettam92s

Re: Capitan Obvious - to the Rescue!

Postby berettam92s » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:13 am

Namel wrote:! Politics Alert !

For Those who don't get the idea of the episode:

America likes to see itself as the ONLY superpower in the world, and when other countries like China (and Russia) start to get powerful, it sees them as a threat and starts to demonize them, shouting about things they don't care about. Like "Human rights!! Democracyyy!!! Pollution! Tibet!!!! Darfur!! COMMIES!!!!!!111", without noticing that it only makes them loose their dignity (like "a nation of unethical dick-shooters"(c)).

That's what (I think) Matt and Tray were trying to say.
(A view of a european. :))

Anyway, great episode, I didn't see new Indiana Johnes movie (and probably not gonna now :)), but still found this extreme exaggeration funny. :)

thats the obvious answer, but i always think they have something more to say. well maybe i just think too much

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”