Seriously- Bugger off

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

SouthParks#1Fan

Seriously- Bugger off

Postby SouthParks#1Fan » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:36 am

:D
Last edited by SouthParks#1Fan on Sat May 22, 2010 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Solitude and Sin, Calm my nerves with Gin. Sleep, wake up and do it all again.
y2001

Re: Seriously- Bugger off

Postby y2001 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:08 pm

Sorry but this has to go down as the worse south park season by a long way.Dont get me wrong there have been poor episode's in the past but so far it's been mediocre.The one's who bothered to register for this forum are obviously fans and the ones who are negative are big fans as they love the show but find it painful when they wait 6 months just to see Indiana get raped and Cartman get charector assasinated by a charector that hasn't even been seen since season 8/9.
Besides didn't you say this in the topic "are they losing there comedy"

Well in a way- yes. But personally i think they are just running out of ideas for episodes. What i think would help Trey and Matt out is a site where fans put in ideas for episodes. So my answer that they are losing the touch of comedy?_____lil' bit.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:01 pm

SouthParks#1Fan wrote:Guys this is seriously with out a doubt getting ridiculous. I have noticed going through Topic history there are many people putting down south park, in other words, ripping it out. I just want to say a couple of things- Sure, I have to respect of what other people say on here. But what they didnt realise to get to this forum you had to go to *Fans*, If you rip out south park on here you are no fan. Infact why the hell did you make an account in the first place? Just putting out my opinion. And if u have any opinions on anything or putting a msg out to ppl i spoke of before, please feel free to do so _______-out-_____

I like this season, but let me bold your stupid-ass statement.

You really think that? if so, you're a sheep. If I don't like an episode, I say so because I consider it a duty as someone who has watched from day one to give my thoughts and feelings honestly in the official forum. I try to stay polite in the discussions and upbeat, but if I hate an episode(#1202), I'm not going to lie. Is that what you're asking for, for people to lie if they don't like something?

Don't be a sheep, friend. Be honest- if you love an episode, praise it. If you don't, say why. But don't rip on those that are honest about what they feel, especially if they have been watching for a while and have invested time into it.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
y2001

Postby y2001 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:22 pm

Agreed with the above. Those who criticise just want to see the show get better and if it wasn't for criticism then the show would get away with lacklustre episodes. I think people's criticism is justified as i said this has to go down as the worse season by a distance.Personally my favorite seasons in particular were 8 and 10(with the exception of cartoon wars,smug alert and a million little fibres)
Aidsburger

Postby Aidsburger » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:41 pm

Everyone has their own opinion on SP, but I personally think that last season was the best season ever and this season has been great. I love episodes such as "Cartman Sucks", "Tonsil Trouble", and "Canada on Strike". Just because a few episodes this season have had repetitive jokes and thin plots doesn't mean that SP has gotten worse because the episodes are still funny as hell.

And BTW, people that post how much they hate the new episodes in general SP discussion instead of in the episode discussion forum are 10 times as annoying as people who hate the new seasons in the correct forum. If you have something bad to say at all, don't make a new thread just to say it because it annoys the f*ck out of me.
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:00 am

This site is for people who watcht he show (preferably regular viewers rather than people who've randomly stumbled across it channelhopping) to air whatever views they have on the show and it's charactars. If someone likes a feature of the show, such as the direction it's headed, they're good to let their oppinion be known and debated, if someone doesn't like it.

I just wonder what Matt and Trey would think of obsessive sycophants who worship them like their Gods and South Park like their religion, burning anyone that disagrees in endless flamewar. Especially when they say people arn't free to voice their oppinion, or shouldn't be, on the show.

I can't believe all the people who hate the new episode because it's "ruined cartman" when it's just showed what's always been hinted at in full, and those that say the show isn't cartman centered enough because he doesn't win (would letting evil win really make the show better? all the time making it less predictable?).
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
LawrenceTaylor

Postby LawrenceTaylor » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:44 am

People love to complain! sadly...
I'll stop now so I can resist!

(I still love it btw)
jacquesmoran

Postby jacquesmoran » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:14 am

As to the op: sorry dude, i completely reject your thesis. Being a fan does not entail loving every single second of whatever. Quite the contrary, being a fan of a tv show, book, song, band, what have you, requires one to be critical. Nobody bats 1.000, the sp guys included (oi vey, the recent episode that has most people not understanding the difference between a homosexual rape in "indiana jones" and one in "real" (ie, south park) life was a real shark-jumper).

In order for the sp guys to keep the high standard and not "phone it in" requires fans to be vigilant. Coherent criticism is the lifeblood of any artistic endeavor, cartoons included... cheers,
SouthParks#1Fan

Postby SouthParks#1Fan » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:34 am

:D
Last edited by SouthParks#1Fan on Sat May 22, 2010 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
GotACoolName

Postby GotACoolName » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:44 am

I'm a fan of the show when it's good. I'm not going to enjoy whatever sh*t M&T shells out from time to time, and that doesn't mean I'm not a "true fan". You can be a mindless fanboy all you want, but I'd rather not have to laugh at what I don't find funny.
SouthParks#1Fan

DUDE UP ABOVE

Postby SouthParks#1Fan » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:03 am

Kk

Return to “General South Park Discussion”