*1210: Pandemic* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

GregW

Re: *1210: Pandemic* Post-Air Discussion

Postby GregW » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:29 pm

I'd love it to end the way it has done without another part however it does look like it'll be a two part episode.
Last edited by GregW on Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
At least we have аssholes, you dumb girl!
deathandecay

Postby deathandecay » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:36 pm

Great, GREAT episode. It started off great, then went to good, then went back to great! :D I can't f*cking wait!
CHEL BEAN

Postby CHEL BEAN » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:01 pm

Marikunin wrote:Wow.
This episode was SO random and ridiculous.

That's why I loved it!
Dude, dolphins are intelligent and friendly!

Intelligent and friendly on rye bread with some mayonaisse.
jazbeetle

Postby jazbeetle » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:04 pm

I fly from Chicago to Peru every year and I travel to numerous other places. So this episode made me lmfao.

Points to bring up.
*Guinea pigs are generally eaten by Peruvians that are direct Incan descent and speak Quechua not Spanish. So in Cusco expect Guineas on the menu but in Lima hard to find.

*People in Peru dress up there guinea pigs in outfits like they do with their dogs. Google “guinea pig dress up”

*There is a large Asian population in Peru. Mostly because of WWII there were Japanese concentration camps. Even the former president of Peru was of Japanese decent so it would be interesting if that were brought up.

* It has been argued that the Incas had a relationship with Aliens because no one can figure out how they got all those stones to fit precisely together in Machu Picchu. The last Indiana Jones was based on this so that’s why some scenes where in South America.

*Peru is a White Person Destination in Exploration. I’m going on this huge as plane from Miami and 10% are people who have family there in Peru and 90% are white tourist. So lot of times people buy those music CD’s at the Airport from those Pan Flute Bands.

All in all I Loved Kenny’s dancing!!!!
yogan

Postby yogan » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:05 pm

MUERTE PELUDA!

D:
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:11 pm

W00T for another 'hyperbolic over-reaction to a minor issue in society' episode :S

I usually love the random episodes (You got F'd in the A) but this was slightly lacking in the charactar and charm that made the others what they were, pluss it'd been done before (in the afformentioned Ass).

Wish they'd give up on stringing episodes out in two parters; if a plot can't sustain 20 minutes of show, how could it sustain 40? Craig was pretty cool though. CRAIG HAS A LAST NAME! And no abusive parents (: Good to see his reputation remains.

This had the same problem as the Indy episode; I kinda like panflute music :S

Supprisingly... I liked Randy in this. He was acting like a dumb dad instead of an evil episode eater :p
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
termsofuse

Postby termsofuse » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:24 pm

Fantastic episode!

Giant civilization destroying guinea pigs kept in check by Peruvian flute bands with toxic CD’s; the kids, along with Craig, try to cash in on the flute band craze; a government conspiracy to unleash the terror of the “furry death”; Randy running around doing the Cloverfield thing; a two parter (always love the two parters); AND CRAIG IS THE KEY!

A truly wonderful episode and an outstanding performance by Craig!
Last edited by termsofuse on Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chadpol77

Postby chadpol77 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:25 pm

People were saying that this epp sucked... how is that possible? this premise could be the best 2 parter in all of the show! it was hilarious and Craig and his little quips were pricless
derp2000

Postby derp2000 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:02 pm

It was okay... the first part was a tad boring but after like 10-15 minutes I was laughing. Once Craig started with his comments and the ginny pigs came in I almost died haha. Dude, what's with Craig's last name change? Tucker? I thought his last name was Nommel... I hope the second part is awesome!
I said Ike's on fire!
James--76

Postby James--76 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:24 pm

Heres a review from last nights episode looks like it will be a 2 parter.

http://www.ifmagazine.com/review.asp?article=2847
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Giant Enemy Crap

Postby Giant Enemy Crap » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:31 pm

"come on craig dont be an assh*le lols
skyrim

Postby skyrim » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:44 pm

I don't know about you guys, but every single time a South Park episode ends I'm downright disappointed - because it ends way too fast! Matt & Trey are excellent story-tellers and have a great crew who can complement, support and realize their ideas, resulting in (often) interesting plots, an amazing sense of humour throughout the entire show and I have to add, great voice-acting and quite decent graphics, which all taken together is a major and vast improvement to the classic episodes we had stick up with in the earliest seasons.

Mostly because some of their episodes are true gems, it makes it hard, even for the SP crew, to come up with something that (out)matches those remarkable, ever-lasting shows - but luckily enough, the South Park universe allows them almost endless flexibility and creative freedom to do just that. The latest episode, 1210: Pandemic, is a prime example of this. Almost everything a human being is able to do in our societies is represented throughout the shows- but given Matt & Trey's talents, they are able to add unique twists and bends to a storyline which makes most of the episodes quite compelling to watch, even if it is something, perhaps slightly random, about giant furry guinea pigs wreaking havoc upon the planet or expressing their personal opinion or rather personal experience surrounding a movie like Indiana Jones. (Reference to 1209: The China Probrem)

Being somewhat of a writer myself, I can only congratulate Matt & Trey, and the entire SP team for that matter, for all the great work they are able to achieve every episode. Not that being a story writer necessarily equals screenplay writing, but I can still imagine the amount of work and thinking required to fit all of it together. Truthfully though, from my personal point of view, I just have to point out that twenty minutes for a South Park show, is, sadly enough, way too short. I always end up being all psyched up during the episode, watching another great story unfolding before my very own eyes, but it appears that as soon as I remind myself to blink before they dry out, the show's already over and another unbearable wait for the Nintendo Wii, uh, new SP episode, repeats itself.

I also noticed quite a lot of "boring episode" and "previous few episodes sucked but this owned" posts made by other viewers, and it's your fair right to express your opinion, but I personally don't see it this way: Starting from Season 10 onwards, almost every single episode has been a real work of art and though some episodes tend to drag you in deeper than others, they usually still are quite good in their own right, especially compared to other entertainment-related TV shows.

Back on topic, I really am curious as to what happens next. If they don't continue the episode, I'd be really disappointed, for one. Besides, they (Matt & Trey) tend to actually conclude their stories, not end them half-way through, and this story is far from concluded. There's simply too many gaps left unfilled, story-wise, for it to end here - at least, that's my presumption. Since South Park never ceases to amaze me however, there is the slightest of possiblities: Then again, I am always positively amazed by the show, and this would obviously have quite a negative impact were it to end as it is.

Still though, follow-up or not, I just can't wait to see the new South Park episode! Thanks for reading and can someone now please help me freeze myself already? :x
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:47 pm

I don't know weather it was the fact that I just witnessed an argument JUST like Craig and the boy's, but every scene with Craig couldn't fail to crack me up.

And I'm not sure if it was because he reminded me of my dad so much but Randy 'overused' Marsh was actually a lulz-magner in this episode, like in the good old days.

Good to see a return to random craziness XD

Did anyone think the presidential advisor looked like a Licker from Resident Evil 2?
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
SerraDeMar

Postby SerraDeMar » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:48 pm

Pretty funny stuff...i loved that craig revealed why no one hangs out with the boys lmao
yogan

Postby yogan » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:53 pm

skyrim wrote:I don't know about you guys, but every single time a South Park episode ends I'm downright disappointed - because it ends way too fast! Matt & Trey are excellent story-tellers and have a great crew who can complement, support and realize their ideas, resulting in (often) interesting plots, an amazing sense of humour throughout the entire show and I have to add, great voice-acting and quite decent graphics, which all taken together is a major and vast improvement to the classic episodes we had stick up with in the earliest seasons.

Mostly because some of their episodes are true gems, it makes it hard, even for the SP crew, to come up with something that (out)matches those remarkable, ever-lasting shows - but luckily enough, the South Park universe allows them almost endless flexibility and creative freedom to do just that. The latest episode, 1210: Pandemic, is a prime example of this. Almost everything a human being is able to do in our societies is represented throughout the shows- but given Matt & Trey's talents, they are able to add unique twists and bends to a storyline which makes most of the episodes quite compelling to watch, even if it is something, perhaps slightly random, about giant furry guinea pigs wreaking havoc upon the planet or expressing their personal opinion or rather personal experience surrounding a movie like Indiana Jones. (Reference to 1209: The China Probrem)

Being somewhat of a writer myself, I can only congratulate Matt & Trey, and the entire SP team for that matter, for all the great work they are able to achieve every episode. Not that being a story writer necessarily equals screenplay writing, but I can still imagine the amount of work and thinking required to fit all of it together. Truthfully though, from my personal point of view, I just have to point out that twenty minutes for a South Park show, is, sadly enough, way too short. I always end up being all psyched up during the episode, watching another great story unfolding before my very own eyes, but it appears that as soon as I remind myself to blink before they dry out, the show's already over and another unbearable wait for the Nintendo Wii, uh, new SP episode, repeats itself.

I also noticed quite a lot of "boring episode" and "previous few episodes sucked but this owned" posts made by other viewers, and it's your fair right to express your opinion, but I personally don't see it this way: Starting from Season 10 onwards, almost every single episode has been a real work of art and though some episodes tend to drag you in deeper than others, they usually still are quite good in their own right, especially compared to other entertainment-related TV shows.

Back on topic, I really am curious as to what happens next. If they don't continue the episode, I'd be really disappointed, for one. Besides, they (Matt & Trey) tend to actually conclude their stories, not end them half-way through, and this story is far from concluded. There's simply too many gaps left unfilled, story-wise, for it to end here - at least, that's my presumption. Since South Park never ceases to amaze me however, there is the slightest of possiblities: Then again, I am always positively amazed by the show, and this would obviously have quite a negative impact were it to end as it is.

Still though, follow-up or not, I just can't wait to see the new South Park episode! Thanks for reading and can someone now please help me freeze myself already? :x

TL;DR

[USER WAS BANNED FOR A DAY FOR THIS POST. IF YOU HAVE NOTHING SUBSTANTIAL TO SAY, DON'T POST. A QUOTE AND THEN "TL;DR" DOESN'T WORK HERE]

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”