*1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Hayley B
Posts: 1731
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:49 pm

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Hayley B » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:23 pm

So far to me this is the best one for the 2nd half of season 12.

I was telling my mother about this episode while we were having lunch. She thinks this one sounds so funny. She's happy that Wendy kicked Cartman's A**. Because she too knows that Breast Cancer isn't funny.
Hayley B: My own name Location: Delaware,USA
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
superiorsavior
Posts: 4261
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby superiorsavior » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:58 pm

if we have to give this a number, it'd be 8.5-9/10 for me
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
tonedead
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:01 pm

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby tonedead » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:30 pm

the first half was great but the second half of the episode just dragged and dragged. it couldve been alot better.

i was also hoping that cartman would have beat wendy. i think a curbstomp (and yes killing her) wouldve been both shocking and funny. they also could have had cartman trying to get ready for the fight in ridiculous ways. thinking about it they could have gone with a parody of ed norton movies. with cartman trying to get strong from radiation (hulk) by using alot of microwaves surrounding him and having them run with their doors open, then having a fight club parody and finally the american history x parody with the curbstomp.

or they couldve had him use steroids or something. just the whole cartman acting tough and being beat down had been done before (x-mas in canada, cartoon wars) and i wouldve prefered something else. plus he did beat a midget one time and shouldve been able to take on wendy.
ShaneHaughey
Posts: 11192
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:36 pm

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby ShaneHaughey » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:39 am

tonedead wrote:the first half was great but the second half of the episode just dragged and dragged. it couldve been alot better.

i was also hoping that cartman would have beat wendy. i think a curbstomp (and yes killing her) wouldve been both shocking and funny. they also could have had cartman trying to get ready for the fight in ridiculous ways. thinking about it they could have gone with a parody of ed norton movies. with cartman trying to get strong from radiation (hulk) by using alot of microwaves surrounding him and having them run with their doors open, then having a fight club parody and finally the american history x parody with the curbstomp.

or they couldve had him use steroids or something. just the whole cartman acting tough and being beat down had been done before (x-mas in canada, cartoon wars) and i wouldve prefered something else. plus he did beat a midget one time and shouldve been able to take on wendy.



You lost any credibility you had with that statement. That would not have been funny. At all. In the slightest. In fact, that likely would have been the pure darkest, jump-the-shark moment the show could have done.
What would have happened? Certainly MURDERING another child would get Eric locked up for a long, long, long, long, long, long, time. He'd be in juvie and would stay there for the rest of the series. Stan would be f*cked. A cool character would have been lost.
It wouldn't have been funny. It wouldn't have worked plotwise. It wouldn't have worked characterwise. It would have killed the show.
Think BEFORE you speak.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
superiorsavior
Posts: 4261
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby superiorsavior » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:16 am

He's murdered another child's parents before, and pretty much told everyone else in town that he did it, without reprocussions, so the show could have had him kill her and get away scott (Tennorman) free. However, it would definitly be the most evil thing he's ever done, and would be insanely out of charactar. He'd certainly have lost that last ounce of child that keeps him in charactar and keeps him funny. Go watch whatever child snuff films you think are 'comedies.'

A great charactar would be lost

I would've thought that you'd be happy to see Cartman sent to jail Shane? Or... do you mean wendy?

they also could have had cartman trying to get ready for the fight in ridiculous ways
That's pretty much what he did, he was trying to win with his wits (as he always does). He isn't a man to use his fists, if you've watched the show. He wanted to win by humiliating her and avoiding the potential asskicking she could give him. You want him totally OOC if you want him to even contemplate putting himelf in DANGER.

Movie parrodies suck ass. Don't ask for them, you'll only encourage the show :p

he did beat a midget one time and shouldve been able to take on wendy.
Beating up a midgit was funny. Beating up a girl is not funny. Girl beating up boy is funny. Rule of funny says, boy gets beat visciously by girl.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
szali
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:40 pm

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby szali » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:07 pm

This very morning, the sister of my grandma passed away in breast cancer. Thus Cartman's behavior was terrifying for me while watching. But Wendy acted so priceless... she seems to have such a brave and untainted heart as no one. Cartman exactly deserved what he got. And Principal Victoria... that was awesome. This ep... it's precious, simply makes you hope once more if you watch it properly. :)

It's a pity that some dickheads found the crapping scene the peak of the ep and whine about Cartman.
ShaneHaughey
Posts: 11192
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:36 pm

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:53 am

superiorsavior wrote:He's murdered another child's parents before, and pretty much told everyone else in town that he did it, without reprocussions, so the show could have had him kill her and get away scott (Tennorman) free. However, it would definitly be the most evil thing he's ever done, and would be insanely out of charactar. He'd certainly have lost that last ounce of child that keeps him in charactar and keeps him funny. Go watch whatever child snuff films you think are 'comedies.'

A great charactar would be lost

I would've thought that you'd be happy to see Cartman sent to jail Shane? Or... do you mean wendy?

they also could have had cartman trying to get ready for the fight in ridiculous ways
That's pretty much what he did, he was trying to win with his wits (as he always does). He isn't a man to use his fists, if you've watched the show. He wanted to win by humiliating her and avoiding the potential asskicking she could give him. You want him totally OOC if you want him to even contemplate putting himelf in DANGER.

Movie parrodies suck ass. Don't ask for them, you'll only encourage the show :p

he did beat a midget one time and shouldve been able to take on wendy.
Beating up a midgit was funny. Beating up a girl is not funny. Girl beating up boy is funny. Rule of funny says, boy gets beat visciously by girl.

SS, we went over this on MSN: :lol:
Cartman did not kill the Tenormans. In fact, by the strictest reading of the law you couldn't even charge him with conspiracy.
The only crime that he could have been charged with would have been tampering with evidence, and considering his age, you wouldn't have seen him spend any time in jail. He'd get counseling.

Murdering Wendy? Major JTS moment, and beyond that, he would have been locked away in juvie. Stan would have been f*cked, Cartman would have been f*cked, Wendy would be dead. So we agree there. :wink:
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Hey,wedonttakekindly
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:43 am

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Hey,wedonttakekindly » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:41 am

Wow, I'd never thought I would have to do this to a South Park episode, being a BIG FAN...this episode, to me, sucked so much ass, I think it will be placed next to the Pip Episode, as worst episodes ever :( . But I have a new theory now on this episode, after seeing Pandemic 1 and 2, and seeing there is a 3 coming, I think the writers just blew through this story line to concentrate on the awesomeness of the Pandemic Episodes...This review was done with a heavy heart... :|

South Park Rules!!! :!: :timmy:
ned15
Posts: 6352
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:32 pm

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby ned15 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:34 am

wow, i'm so surprised of how many people hated this episode. i guess it's because i loved it so much. i honestly thought this episode was one of the best (in my opinion). i mean, with the total flop the week before (the china probrem) i thought sp was totally back on target with this episode. i just liked its simple story line and there were so many priceless moments like when cartman ate his underwear and crapped on garrison's desk. the fight was also amazing. i give this episode 10/10, i absolutely loved it.
"you musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling."
eames
KyleBroflovski99
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:59 pm

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby KyleBroflovski99 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:42 pm

I've totally missed this episode and I'll have to wait until November 15th, but I've already heared good stuff about this episode.
JulianWhite
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:14 pm

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby JulianWhite » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:03 am

Being a huge Cartman fan, I wasn't majorly happy with Eric getting his a**e handed to him on a plate. Yes we know he is a psychological fighter, but to be fair, Wendy is very similar to Cartman, and a A Grade student, not particulary known for her strength. I also thought the fight was slightly too over-the-top even for south park. I mean Stans ice hockey team at the end of series 10 was justified, grown men can do that to kindergardners, however I was hoping for a more childlike fight, like Kyle hitting Cartman in Cartoon wars, rather than a full-out creaming. Cartman threw a few punches, and threw her at the metal railings, not a scratch.... I love how Parker and Stone are willing to practically disfigure cartman whilst leaving her untouched...

However, dispite this I loved the episode. Very classic south park, relating back to the old style, and finally get to see an episode where it isn't Stan + Kyle , Butters + Cartman with Kyle and Cartman constantly hating each other. We need a few Kenny episodes soon, he doesnt get killed in each episode anymore, and I cant remember him saying a single line that episode, for me he's my second favorite character of the main 4.

The c**ping on the desk, eating of underwear, etc. was refreshing. I was glad to see crudeness in a childlike fashion for once, very good. To be fair to the comments saying Cartman deserved to get beaten up for his comments on Breast Cancer, I think it's unjust. he just laughed at the word, something every kid does. At my school we had a talk on Testicular cancer, quote "Check your balls" followed by sniggering around the hall. Does this mean every single one of us deserves to be beaten up? Nope because its not sexist :P The mock presentation was.. meh. Not offensive, he jut likes sniggering at the words, he is a 4th grader, and like most things, he doesnt really understand the seriousness of the illness.

To sum it up, fantastic episode, great references, excellent to see a more school style to the show, therefore showing that I felt the fight was slightly O.T.T. If Wendy had one in a similar style to Kyle, and maybe slightly bruised rather than almost dead, (or it had been slightly closer) followed by the lack of Cartmans speech at the end, it would have been a classic episode, drops a little short for me. I did like the "did he just call us emos?" line, and the reaction to the end of the fight, everyone silent and... gasping was very good, it would have REALLY irritated me if they'd cheered off leaving Cartman, no just for his sake, but the fact that it is meant to somewhat represent a real school, and people would just be dumpstruck if they witnessed a fight like that.

Something everyone seems to have missed out here, the head-teachers speech was good, however what Wendy Testiburger's parents said was important, "it doesnt matter what he said, never use violence."

8/10 for episode, but 5/10 for south park episode (still excellent, but not a class south park episode, just over average.)

I have to wait so much longer to see these, being English.... Pip is nothing like English people if you want to know :P
JulianWhite
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:14 pm

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby JulianWhite » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:07 am

superiorsavior wrote:He's murdered another child's parents before, and pretty much told everyone else in town that he did it, without reprocussions, so the show could have had him kill her and get away scott (Tennorman) free. However, it would definitly be the most evil thing he's ever done, and would be insanely out of charactar. He'd certainly have lost that last ounce of child that keeps him in charactar and keeps him funny. Go watch whatever child snuff films you think are 'comedies.'

A great charactar would be lost

I would've thought that you'd be happy to see Cartman sent to jail Shane? Or... do you mean wendy?

they also could have had cartman trying to get ready for the fight in ridiculous ways
That's pretty much what he did, he was trying to win with his wits (as he always does). He isn't a man to use his fists, if you've watched the show. He wanted to win by humiliating her and avoiding the potential asskicking she could give him. You want him totally OOC if you want him to even contemplate putting himelf in DANGER.

Movie parrodies suck ass. Don't ask for them, you'll only encourage the show :p


he did beat a midget one time and shouldve been able to take on wendy.
Beating up a midgit was funny. Beating up a girl is not funny. Girl beating up boy is funny. Rule of funny says, boy gets beat visciously by girl.



And yet this episode contained two :P (movie parodies)

Unfortuantly true last point, thus I wished for the fight to be downplayed, if Wendy had out smarted him (thats kind of her regular role in her revenge) it would have been more humilating for him. but yeah girl > boy > Midget > Punchbag :p
goodtymes1320
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:01 am

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby goodtymes1320 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:52 pm

eric cartman craps on mr.garrison's desk pricless. great episode from begining to end. whats up jus crapped on ur desk whats up hahaha,no wipe turd.
BigCamera4892

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby BigCamera4892 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:33 am

szali wrote:This very morning, the sister of my grandma passed away in breast cancer. Thus Cartman's behavior was terrifying for me while watching. But Wendy acted so priceless... she seems to have such a brave and untainted heart as no one. Cartman exactly deserved what he got. And Principal Victoria... that was awesome. This ep... it's precious, simply makes you hope once more if you watch it properly. :)

It's a pity that some dickheads found the crapping scene the peak of the ep and whine about Cartman.


Please accept my belated condolences about your Great-Aunt. I just found your post this very second. I am sorry I could not console you earlier.

I am sorry to hear the news. Anything we (the posters on this forum) can do for you, just ask/post/whatever.

With sympathy,

BigCamera4892
llleeeooo111
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:15 pm

Re: *1209: Breast Cancer Show Ever* Post-Air Discussion

Postby llleeeooo111 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:37 pm

He could've just said I had to go easy on a chick or something
then he would get some respect.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests