Season 12- The worst season by far!

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Benvolio

Re: Season 12- The worst season by far!

Postby Benvolio » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:35 pm

pana wrote:
weiwovaseiba wrote:i wouldnt call it the worst season, but that last episode (the china problem) was the worst episode ever to be created by south park!!!!
cartman has a ball-fetish, not a dick fetish!!!!!

and what is that with the raping of indiana jones.
i thought they allready made an episode about how george lucas and steven spielberg rape their old movies by making remakes!!!!

yeah, i also thought that was the worst SP episode ever, until i saw the next, the one with the breast cancer, it's even crappier. I'm totally dissappointed. i don't get it. where's the funny stuff? cartman isn't even funny anymore. it's like they've hired some kids to do the writing.

What!?? If you dont find Cartman funny in that episode, then im sorry - there's no hope. NO HOPE!
Culcasi

Postby Culcasi » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:13 am

south park is ausome!
roadragesaga

Postby roadragesaga » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:55 pm

well i appreciate all the opinions, and well.. like @$$holes, everyone has one including me. I have to admit that the spark is indeed have been very draining in these last seasons but when you have so many seasons you seem to go beyond overkill and maybe ideas. like they would claim, simpsons did it! lets look at that for a moment. yeah, the simpsons have been on the air for so long that they have pretty much run out of ideas that they can not make a story anymore. how could you espcially when the kids remain 8-10 and how can you grow up in the 80s .. 90s.. and so on?
but i have to say that i have been impressed by what matt and trey try to continue, and when i think they have hit the end, they come back with some great episodes. i am totally impressed with all the issues they could touch that others do not. the only thing i was not trilled by season 12 is that there was alot of blood, gore and well downright smudge to sell their story. almost every episode has some kind of horrible and unsensible killing that shows a graphic of a kill. very sad.
what impressed us (or maybe just me) about south park was not necessairly the art, but the line and lines of jokes they would use. every thing that came out of their mouths were classic comedy. and even though matt and trey did not like season 2, it had some classics that made it memorable even to today's standards. all in all i can say that not every dog will have his day, and when you run out of ideas you come and either rehash story line (ie the indiana jones rape thing.. i said it once i saw it that they redid the story. hey guys .. we know your views on lucas and speilberg due to that other episode, we dont need anymore thoughts that are rehashed) and they even admit that some were not the best in clinchers, like the hockey episode. but they come up and surprise me here and there.
give trey a chance. he does most of the writing, and well.. you can only do so much when you did everything you wanted. as an artist myself he just needs to take the time to breath and come out with something he can wow the audience with, but for now bear with him. he may surprise us again. hopefully someday.
i am waiting for that day i hope sometime soon. but i do not totally hate all the seasons. i can get surprised. i hope we all do.

Postby 203177 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:49 am

I have to say that this season sucked. The only episodes i liked were tonsil trouble, super fun time, breast cancer show ever, canada on strike, pandemic 2 and major boobage. But seriously, you can't compare the old seasons with the new. And i don't know why some people find these episodes funny? What is so funny about them? The seasons that are my most favorite were seasons 1 2 and 3. And i also find that there making fun of tragic events too much. If people don't like what i'm saying...TOUGH LUCK! :roll:
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Kensuke

Postby Kensuke » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:47 am

I miss the old ones too, to me, the new ones can't compare to the old ones by a long-shot. My personal favorite season was season 1 because back then they really acted like kids, and they all made fun of eachother instead of just kyle and cartman going back and forth.
"If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss" ~ Eminem

AxayPaulene wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:But he (RideTheLightning)wanted Kensuke's hot man chowder.
Don't we all?
hjcurra

Postby hjcurra » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:56 am

"Until you understand a writer's ignorance, presume yourself ignorant of his understanding. "
- Samuel Taylor Coleridge

I believe the second half of this 12th season has been calculated and written with the same genius as have the last eleven. I think it is premature to asssume that the quality has gone down when perhaps, it is the style of the writing that is changing. The viewers have been given a very different form of South Park the last few weeks, it is that which entertains for the sake of entertainment. As there are still messages to be found in within the context it is without a doubt different messages being conveyed.
South Park is traditionally a satire, and in turn offers oftentimes deep philosophical messages. However; episodes as of late, have apparently existed for their own sake. Suspense, violence, drama, hostage situations, race against time, government conspiracies - are all the makings of entertainment as we know it today. Consider shows like "24" (which the guys have expressed their love for) and the format in which it is written in. Deeper meanings can be elicited from the show but it is primarily entertainment and drama that Americans love. I do not believe it to be some strange coincidence that many episodes have been hard to decifer and have disappointed many viewers. Hence, I repeat Coleridge's statement, "Until you understand a writer's ignorance, presume yourself ignorant of his understanding."
Everyone has a right to an opinion, but I believe that assuming the quality of writing has gone down should be viewed in different lights, especially in a light that respects the unknown intentions of the writers.
quemajoie

Postby quemajoie » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:22 pm

Season 12 is really horrid compared to the previous ones. First of all: Why do we watch SP? What makes it funny? interesting?
Well for one I watch SP because i love the sarcasm, the pure uncensored criticism of all things. For me, what made SP funny was it's dark humor sort of "what's worse than 10 dead babies in a garbage can ... 1 dead baby in 10 garbage cans!". It's also liberating to hear Cartman say what i would never say because it isn't politically correct or racist or whatever (regardless of my being racist or not): "goddamn jew!!" etc. Cartman is the Fat f*ck that gets away with what we'd all love to do: saying what you feel when you feel it regardless of their feelings and being a total douche, it's just exhilarating! Obviously you wouldn't do that in real life because of the social repercusions etc. but it still feels good that someone else is getting away with it.
Season 12 has gotten rid of that Cartman: he has been pushed way to the sidelines, no more jew/black/whatever jokes even in The Breast Cancer Show Ever, where he is one of the protagonists, he isn't the same, he isn't "God" anymore, he's just a pawn.
Other than the Cartman problem is the Kyle problem: Kyle is supposed to be the "GODDAMN JEW", he changed and became a bigger character than Cartman, which sucks cause frankly he doesn't do anything stupid, he's not racist, he's not some fat f*ck, he's like-able.
I mean what would you people say if Meg in Family Guy became a more important character and had more text? It just wouldn't be the same!
So I think that Trey and Matt can do what they want but they should group these new episodes of season twelve the Neo South Park.
Frankly it may even be possible that Matt and Trey were replaced by their evil twins from the Evil Parallel Universe (haha!)
cheers
cocopup

Postby cocopup » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:04 pm

I agree, what we need is a Timmy episode!

But seriously, other than Super Fun Time and Kenny's dance in Pandemic, season 12 isn't all that good. It's still better than season 10 and most of season 11 though.

:timmy:
crazyman07

Postby crazyman07 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:43 am

Almost 12 seasons so far guys...come on give them a break...it's not that easy to come up with some of the things that they have
O' My Jesus Christ Monkey Balls, Super Phun Thyme.
Kennyfan84

Postby Kennyfan84 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:12 pm

I disagree, Season 12 wasn't the greatest but hardly the worst. Easily Season 10 was the worst by far with only 2 good episodes.

Season 2 and every Season up to 9 were great.

Season 11 & 12 were hardly excellent but they had some gems.

My biggest complaint is that South Park is that there must be 100 characters to go through South Park and yet it's the same 3-4 characters or combos these days, Cartman/Kyle, Cartman/Butters, & throw in Randy. Same thing, let's see some more characters like the old days.
Steadfast

Postby Steadfast » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:02 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:The worst season was 9, but eh.

Season 9? Die Hippie Die, Death of Eric Cartman, Marjorine, Ginger Kids, and Trapped in a Closet to name a few. Your a crazy person!
KCORKY419

Postby KCORKY419 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:16 am

This season seems as though the writers are trying to leave their so often repeated comedic formulas behind. This might be good for them as writers. However, either their new approaches are simply not working (for me--I've barely laughed at all in four episodes), or there is some larger joke that I really, really don't get. I don't know, maybe they want to quit having any real commentary behind their humor and focus more on the ludicrous. Maybe they were tired of being taken so seriously, of people expecting them to make us laugh and think. Maybe they've always, deep down, just wanted to be an average show, with average jokes and just enough depth to pass. Or maybe they're just tired of doing the show. There has to be a reason for this inanity. It is painful to watch.
Octary

Postby Octary » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:15 am

I loved season 9. I really like season 12.

In my opinion, the longer this show goes on, it only seems to get better.

Then again, maybe the reasons I like it more are the same reasons some of you don't like them.

Matt and Trey can do whatever the hell they want, they're continuing to make me laugh.
EpicHubris

Postby EpicHubris » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:24 am

Or they hired Manatees...
SkumChiken

Postby SkumChiken » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:50 pm

Season 12 is a vampire without his fangs.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”