*1213 Elementary School Musical* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

triplemultiplex

Re: *1213 Elementary School Musical* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:38 pm

RespektMaAuthoritah wrote:Hopefully they get Marc Shaiman back to do some songs, he did a f@cking spectacular job on the movie :unhoodedkenny: and on Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics.

Ha, there's some nice wishful thinking. They haven't collaborated with him in 9 years. I doubt they'd hook up just for one episode. But I suppose we can always dream.

I saw enough of one those movies to recognized the lame plots, tired love triangles and bad music extruded through the Disney fantasy of a universe populated by PG-rated teenagers.

Question for all the high schoolers out there: does anyone who's actually in high school watch High School Musical? Because it seems to me that if anyone did, that would be pathetically uncool. Like the kid who still believed in Santa Claus in Middle School.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Aidsburger

Postby Aidsburger » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:58 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:I saw enough of one those movies to recognized the lame plots, tired love triangles and bad music extruded through the Disney fantasy of a universe populated by PG-rated teenagers.

Same here. You don't need to watch the whole thing to get how annoying the songs are and how pathetic the concept and the storylines are.

Anyways, I think this episode should be great because I was waiting for an episode that either ripped on HSM or Hannah Montana, and also because SP has been on a roll lately. We've gotten some great political and/or out-of-the-ordinary episodes ("About Last Night", "Pandemic", "The China Probrem") and a great episode that focused on the kids ("Breast Cancer Show Ever"), and now it appears that we will be getting another episode that just focuses on the kids in the school, which is always a good thing.

Overall, I have been more impressed with the storylines and humor in the 2nd half of season 12 than in the 1st. I loved episodes like "Tonsil Trouble" and "Canada on Strike", but the episodes so far in the 2nd half of the season have more complex plots and are just plain funnier than most in the 1st half.
whatthejew

Postby whatthejew » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:25 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:I saw enough of one those movies to recognized the lame plots, tired love triangles and bad music extruded through the Disney fantasy of a universe populated by PG-rated teenagers.

Question for all the high schoolers out there: does anyone who's actually in high school watch High School Musical? Because it seems to me that if anyone did, that would be pathetically uncool. Like the kid who still believed in Santa Claus in Middle School.

They're actually G-rated teenagers. Which is odd because, as a teenager, I seem to find myself in a large number of situations that would get the ratings kiss of death, aka NC-17. |:

I'm in high school and I watch them. Mostly because I have a younger sister who thinks I'm the coolest person in the entire world and forces me to watch them with her. I find some charm in the movies, in that she really likes them, but I agree the plot is not great, not reflective of high school in the least and pretty tired. I do know some people my age who love HSM, but for the most part people seem utterly disgusted by it and part of me doesn't blame them one bit.
Fanfiction account. | Myspace account. | MyAnimeList account.
Much easier to get to know me at one of those.
Also I love Kyle, no pedo, okay, maybe some.
SirKerrek

Postby SirKerrek » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:44 pm

Awesome. High School Musical killed me on the inside and now that there has been two sequels... well let's just say, I can't remember being happier about a spoof in recent South Park history than I am with this. So pumped.

Also, it's about time Kyle's fro got the recognition it deserves (although they turned it all douche-fro for the whole HSM thing).

<--- Check out the floating beer on my avatar!! Quality.
Favorite Character: Butters
Favorite Episode: Good Times with Weapons
polymorph

Postby polymorph » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:45 am

I'm getting a good vibe from this episode, but I'll remain skeptical until I see the end result.
Rasputin, bring in the bucket of soapy frogs and remove his trousers
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:50 am

Should be hilarious, whether you've seen the HSMs or not.

And I haven't, though I've seen a lot of ads for it.
Wishful_Thinking

Postby Wishful_Thinking » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:19 am

Also, it's about time Kyle's fro got the recognition it deserves (although they turned it all douche-fro for the whole HSM thing).

The douche-fro in this episode isn't as bad as what 11 year-old fangirls describe his hair as being in their "omg!11 im in luv with stan but hes w/ that skank wendy!!!111!!" fanfiction. Either his hair "loosened up over the years and now lightly falls down into spiraling curls onto his shoulders" or Kyle spends each morning striaghtening his hair with a flat iron and gallons of hair products that in and of itself brings global warming upon the world. It makes me shudder violently.

EDIT: Now that I've finally gotten a forum icon, why is mine so close up as so no one can see it? I chose the frame that shows the whole body, supposedly.
Last edited by Wishful_Thinking on Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:22 am

well i think his hair looks funny like that, i love it! :)
whatthejew

Postby whatthejew » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:27 am

Wishful_Thinking wrote:

The douche-fro in this episode isn't as bad as what 11 year-old fangirls describe his hair as being in their "omg!11 im in luv with stan but hes w/ that skank wendy!!!111!!" fanfiction. Either his hair "loosened up over the years and now lightly falls down into spiraling curls onto his shoulders" or Kyle spends each morning striaghtening his hair with a flat iron and gallons of hair products that in and of itself brings global warming upon the world. It makes me shudder violently.

I often find that Kyle has somehow (magically?) developed silky, beautiful curls, over the years. And naturally no one can resist silky, beautiful curls, so his hair turns everyone totally gay. Personally I like Kyle with a jewfro, just like I like Matt.

...I can almost never make it through a topic without mentioning my want of the return of Matt's jewfro.
Fanfiction account. | Myspace account. | MyAnimeList account.
Much easier to get to know me at one of those.
Also I love Kyle, no pedo, okay, maybe some.
RespektMaAuthoritah

Postby RespektMaAuthoritah » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:55 am

triplemultiplex wrote:
RespektMaAuthoritah wrote:Hopefully they get Marc Shaiman back to do some songs, he did a f@cking spectacular job on the movie :unhoodedkenny: and on Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics.

Ha, there's some nice wishful thinking. They haven't collaborated with him in 9 years. I doubt they'd hook up just for one episode. But I suppose we can always dream. Like the kid who still believed in Santa Claus in Middle School.

Santa isnt rel!?!?!?11//11oneone??!11

Anyway...I do believe they had worked with Marc on Cripple Fight. Big Gay Al was packing and some guy (who looked like he'd been high on Acid, did you see his f*cking eyes!?) was playing a piano. And Al had referred to him as Marc, so it just might have possibly been Shaiman. So maybe it's only been 7 years...which is still a damn long time but come on! Matt and Trey did say they were pretty good buddies with him or something along the lines of that in the commentary mini for Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics. So maybe they've hung out with him since, you know? And Marc's cool, I think he can take a week off to work with some old friends. And I hear Marc is active these days. I didn't see Hamlet 2 (f*ck me) but while the commercials aired, it said, "From the creator", or "writer", or something "from South Park: Bigger Longer and Uncut comes Hamlet 2." And it was a musical, so maybe Marc was active in creating songs in that, just bringing the hopes higher.
Hayley B

Postby Hayley B » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:38 am

:o Sounds like a one that I would love, already. :D

Sadly, I won't be seeing this episode right away. :cry: That's the day I goto California and won't really be watching hardly any TV until maybe next Monday or Tuesday.

Look forward to seeing it soon, though. :D
Hayley B: My own name Location: Delaware,USA
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
jay leno's chin

Postby jay leno's chin » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:47 am

it's about time somebody took a piss on high school musical...can't wait to see it, should be awesome
if we're all gods children then what's so f*cking special about jesus?
ThadJarvis

Postby ThadJarvis » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:31 am

Bust a move, K-dawg! lulz... rockin' the red dreads...
Sonic Man78

Postby Sonic Man78 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:15 am

I couldn't have agreed more with the ripping of the High School Musical trilogy. I honestly hate how he madia makes younger audiences think this sort of programming is popular. I never envisioned high school like that, even before my years in high school and frankly, those were the worst years of my life and I'm honestly glad it's over.

As for Episode 1213, I look forward to how Matt and Trey's take on the cheesy music and overall plot.
"Bullies beware! The Hero Signal means you'll be hurting now!"

Postby 203177 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:24 am

I hope wendy and stan sing. It would be cute if they did. I wonder how kyle will dance cause i know the kids don't look that amazed? But i'm really anxious to see what this episode will bring. I really, really hope they break into song. I do really like high school musical and i watched all of them so i know what to expect. :D
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”