The F-Word Uncensored on Canadian TV?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Spacefille

The F-Word Uncensored on Canadian TV?

Postby Spacefille » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:25 am

Hi Guys,

I just watched the Obama episode on Comedy Network on Canadian TV. Now I haven't had a chance to catch South Park on TV lately, usually I miss it and have to watch it online, but tonight I managed to catch it at air time.

I was surprised to hear the F-word uncensored. The episode was on at 9:30 pm PST, and as far as I can remember South Park always gets *bleeped* out. This is the first time I've heard a string of "F-you"s on TV (thank you Randy...)

So I was just wondering how long this has been going on? Does the USA get South Park uncensored too? Man, it seems just yesterday when Matt and Trey were being controversial with the entire sh*t thing, has the world really changed that fast?
BRMBug

Re: The F-Word Uncensored on Canadian TV?

Postby BRMBug » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:16 am

:o No, our f*cks are censored. You lucky bastard!
SouthParks#1Fan

Postby SouthParks#1Fan » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:20 am

Most times here in australia it would be uncensored at night time, any time after 9pm because thats when all the little kiddies are in bed by really, so in your case, they probably just let it go because it was 9 30 at night they were as tired as a piece of sh*t after a roast, and all the kids were in bed, voila.
Solitude and Sin, Calm my nerves with Gin. Sleep, wake up and do it all again.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:38 pm

Broadcast TV:

The swears will cause FCC fines between the hours of 5AM and 10PM local time. Same goes for radio.

Cable TV:

There is no rules for cable TV in the US. The F word can be said all it wants. The arts network Ovation lets the F word out all the time. Comedy Central plays unbleeped movies on a regular basis usually after dark. Movie channels such as HBO don't censor anything, The reason most cable TV stations bleep (some more then others) are because of not wanting to offend advertisers while others (MTV) want to make sure if parents watching someone saying "I'm gonna take your pants off" gets bleeped out.

In Canada MuchMusic (their music video network) has let out "sh*t" on a regular basis among others. This network was available on cable and satellite in the U.S. until 2001 when Cablevision/Rainbow Media bought the Canadian 50% of the feed and started their own programming leading to the name change to Fuse.
Stan and Kyle :)
Satiricality

Postby Satiricality » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:40 am

Just watched the High School Musical episode last night and Stan drops the F-word uncensored.

Up here, the Comedy Network was making a big deal of offering South Park uncensored but I think it's only for certain time slots. I was watching it at 1:00am in my time zone which is usually a repeat of the 10:30pm show. I'm not sure if they censor the 10:30 show or not. I think they do but not 100% sure how it works.

Postby 203177 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:12 am

I live in B.C so the f word is uncensored. I really like it better in my opinion when it was censored. :wink:
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16

Return to “General South Park Discussion”