I got fired because of South Park...

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Morghur

I got fired because of South Park...

Postby Morghur » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:29 pm

Hi everyone!

Yes, I got fired from a Chinese high school because I played a South Park episode in class... :shock:

It was the "proper use of condom" episode.. The students (15-16 yrs-old) loved it!! but not the Chinese teachers who were present in during my classes...

yup, terrible... especially when we know that it is a serious subject (condom, hiv, hepatitis etc...). But in China they prefer the teenagers to close their eyes... "talking about sex is evil".. what a mentality really! :x
butters kenny

Re: I got fired because of South Park...

Postby butters kenny » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:01 pm

I dont think that was a bright idea
I Wasn't choking you I was just hugging your neck

R.I.P Chef for realz this time

( chef joined the sith so why don't you?)

R.I.P Billy Bonka
Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:32 pm

Dude, an episode about condoms was a very bad idea. You didn't get fired because of South Park, you got fired because you practiced some extremely bad judgment.
Quintuplets_Father

Postby Quintuplets_Father » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:48 pm

Playing the episode was NOT a bad idea ! One thing though you could do: to see, before taking action, what the attitude of the other members of the teaching board would be... being close minded, they didn't took the time to see what is bad and what is good about it (they probably felt embarassed seeing teens laughing about such subjects..), and so they took the easiest decission. Maybe you were seeing it coming before that, if you didn't expect that reaction then i am sorry you had to find it "the hard way".

Thist's just like going to a deeply religious person and try to explain to him that somethings he might take to literally without putting some thinking into it.. someitmes you can even get killed.
and btw: i broke the dam...
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:13 pm

Morghur wrote:...not the Chinese teachers who were present in during my classes...

You got fired for covering a taboo topic. The show you played in covering it doesn't matter. Thread closed.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”