*1302: The Coon* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

likethis_youdobitch

Re: *1302: The Coon* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby likethis_youdobitch » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:23 pm

Hey, maybe it's Token.. :lol:
walterreally

Postby walterreally » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:26 pm

it is disheartening to see Matt and Trey not being creative enough. I'm sure I'm not the only one who misses the random hunour that was there in SP earlier. Don't get me wrong. It is still a top show on tv. But cartman has been made this evil kid when he just the occassional assh*le in the first 5 seasons. Butters breaks in the news everytime something happens now while the rest of the cast is ignored. Rather than having completely different and unique concepts which noone could have ever guessed through a preview much like their earlier episodes resort is currently and unfortunately had to events in the real world all TOO OFTEN and excessive reliance placed upon them on carrying the episode . Mexican Staring frog of southern Sri Lanka, Sexual Harassment panda, An Elephant makes love to a Pig, Rainforest Shmainforest, Chickenlover, Chef Goes Nanners and so many more were ALL based on characters within south park other than the boys and didn't parody popular pop culture. Any reference if it all, was fleeting and temporary.
And now this episode will most likely parody the leprachaun rumour video and superhero movies of past year from Dark Knight to Watchmen. Another pop culture parody and less of South Park the place itself. Hope you guys recover.

Since last season you guys have really fallen off. I say this only because I am concerned about this series. The only 5 star episodes in last season were Major Boobage and Super Fun Time while Canada on Strike was ok. Here's hoping you guys start making great episodes like you were earlier.
:? :oops:

And yeah it could be Token. Lokking at the title that's a possibility.
butters kenny

Postby butters kenny » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:33 pm

Scotland wrote: Cartman is definetly Mysterion though.

Well duh.
I Wasn't choking you I was just hugging your neck

R.I.P Chef for realz this time

( chef joined the sith so why don't you?)

R.I.P Billy Bonka
Scotland

Postby Scotland » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:35 pm

likethis_youdobitch wrote:Hey, maybe it's Token.. :lol:

yeah he could be. If it is him, then the phrase "rising out from the trash" would be weird considering his family is rich
Yeah! So I did! I wanna just smiling!
butters kenny

Postby butters kenny » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:44 pm

walterreally wrote:it is disheartening to see Matt and Trey not being creative enough. I'm sure I'm not the only one who misses the random hunour that was there in SP earlier. Don't get me wrong. It is still a top show on tv. But cartman has been made this evil kid when he just the occassional assh*le in the first 5 seasons. Butters breaks in the news everytime something happens now while the rest of the cast is ignored. Rather than having completely different and unique concepts which noone could have ever guessed through a preview much like their earlier episodes resort is currently and unfortunately had to events in the real world all TOO OFTEN and excessive reliance placed upon them on carrying the episode . Mexican Staring frog of southern Sri Lanka, Sexual Harassment panda, An Elephant makes love to a Pig, Rainforest Shmainforest, Chickenlover, Chef Goes Nanners and so many more were ALL based on characters within south park other than the boys and didn't parody popular pop culture. Any reference if it all, was fleeting and temporary.
And now this episode will most likely parody the leprachaun rumour video and superhero movies of past year from Dark Knight to Watchmen. Another pop culture parody and less of South Park the place itself. Hope you guys recover.

Since last season you guys have really fallen off. I say this only because I am concerned about this series. The only 5 star episodes in last season were Major Boobage and Super Fun Time while Canada on Strike was ok. Here's hoping you guys start making great episodes like you were earlier.

What have we learned from "The Simpsons already did it?"

R.I.P Billy Bonka
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:31 pm

RideTheLightning wrote:I will bet you guys 5 million dollars this won't parody The Watchmen or The Dark Night. I'm serious, if it does I will send you five million dollars in the mail.

Here's what it actually is parodying, http://pop.youtube.com/watch?v=KM0qz3RYY9c
"Anyone who seen tha Leprechaun say yeah!"

Good to see it's not going to be a movie parody.

I think we're just seeing one reference to that ghetto leprechaun as kind of a stand alone joke that's not directly involved with the main plot. Think about it; how do you make an entire episode about a single viral video?

It's far more likely going to be a parody of all these superhero movies with a few specific references to some recent ones others have mentioned.

Besides, "iz probly jus a crackheyd!"

You read it! You can't unread it!
southparkmaster777

Postby southparkmaster777 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:37 pm

The coon is definitely Token. "Coon" is a racist word for black people. Mysterion is probably Butters. Just because. I hope this episode is good.
Cartman kicks ass!!!
butters kenny

Postby butters kenny » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:40 pm

Coon is also another name for raccoon.

R.I.P Billy Bonka
likethis_youdobitch

Postby likethis_youdobitch » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:45 pm

Maybe it's a four-assed mutant raccoon that escaped from the genetic engineering lab.. XD
jack231

Postby jack231 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:15 pm

it's cartman. :cartmanlaugh:
Diabeteth

Postby Diabeteth » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:18 pm

No idea whether the pictures show The Coon or Mysterion... but until we find out for sure on Wednesday, I'm going to agree with many of you and say that either The Coon or Mysterion is probably Cartman. Really, that kind of makes sense. Cartman is one of few people insane enough to do that. And, of course, there's the fat appearance of the figure in our pictures.
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
HallwayMonitor432

Postby HallwayMonitor432 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:52 pm

That was what I was thinking, 'because South Park and its creators tends to have a history of racial insensitivity albeit being hysterical at the same time.

But I don't think The Coon is Token because it would be too obvious, also from those photos of the clawed "superhero" its shape definitely is that of Cartman. As for Mysterion I believe it's Craig if you can tell by the shape of the hat.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:02 am

It would be really weird to see a rich black kid rise up out of the trash and call himself The Coon, heh.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Trizyin

Postby Trizyin » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:23 am

As long as Cartman is in it then it will be good. I didnt like the president episode for that reason.
Diabeteth

Postby Diabeteth » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:28 am

HallwayMonitor432 wrote:

That was what I was thinking, 'because South Park and its creators tends to have a history of racial insensitivity albeit being hysterical at the same time.

But I don't think The Coon is Token because it would be too obvious, also from those photos of the clawed "superhero" its shape definitely is that of Cartman. As for Mysterion I believe it's Craig if you can tell by the shape of the hat.

I have my doubts about Token, too. I agree with you on that one. Craig... not so sure. After the opinions he voiced in Pandemic, that seems rather unlikely. Then again, this IS South Park. You never know!
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”