South Park Ain't What It Used To Be Megathread

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Wii fit man

Re: South Park has changed.

Postby Wii fit man » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:10 am

boogie wrote:You know what you 2 b...s - you win. I cannot believe that Comedy Central and South Park and the Moderators or Trey, Matt and gang would allow such horrible people on this site. I give up. You win. Congrats. You totally ruined what I thought was going to be an amazing experience. And by the way, I not a guy you F.....s

Have fun ruining the world with your putrid attitudes. You win, like I said. I have no interest in participating with such horrid people. VERY SAD SOUTH PARK - SO DISAPPOINTING...

Again, congrats guys. One day and I'm gone and don't worry, I know, you're happy, drinking, toasting, because you are unhappy, wasted, ignorant and obviously uneducated very young people. Wait until you get a little older and punks start ruining things for you, you bastards..... F.U.

Wow... deja Vu with Z much? Stop trolling JJ. I was mean to you. Not her. By the way, she's 28. and you said that WE were rude to people who had different opinions. So shut up.by the way, the mods aren't even logged on right now, and Trey and Matt don't visit the site. Just f*ck off. You're a troll. I understand the way act to me, but again, stop attacking JJ.

Just get out. :evil:
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:37 am

I would suggest taking a second to see things from our POV. South Park is a world wide show and every. single. day. someone from somewhere comes in here posting whatever their beef is (even if purely personal..having nothing to do with anything such as the guy in the other thread) thinking they will come in here and make the producers see the error of their ways and make whatever changes that particular user wants.

The thing is, the producers don't come here so these complaints fall on deaf ears. Most of us here, such as Wii and I...are fans..hence the term FAN SITE...so we disagree that the show is bad.

We hear this sh*t every day and it gets really old.
Cartman's_bitch 1

Postby Cartman's_bitch 1 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:43 am

That boogie person sure is annoying...
I...AM...GOD!!!-
The most truthful cartman quote.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:10 am

WFM, JJ...you know I respect you. And the following is not really in regards to how you interacted with Boogie 1v1, but rather your blanket statements. Having said that, your viewpoints on this matter are relatively immature:

1- "If you don't like it, don't watch it."- So basically, even if you loved the show in the past, if you don't like it now you shouldn't post your thoughts on the matter? People who post on these forums, and even more so, those who start topics like this and mean what they say, love South Park or at least what South Park used to be. Disagree with them all you want, but "If you don't like it, don't watch it" should be used against someone who plain does not like South Park, not a disenfranchised fan. There was a period right before Season 11 where I, someone who has seen every episode live save for the first, someone who got into a fight with his first boss because he deviated from a schedule and made him miss an episode, someone who devoted and still does devote a large portion of his life to the show, started to dislike it.
What you are saying is that counter opinions to yours, ones which you don't like, should not be allowed not because it goes against the grain of the site but because you personally don't like it. To be honest, that is like telling someone to not play GTA games because they didn't like GTA IV or thinking that true fans love GTA IV, even if they loved all previous games.

2- "We're just sick of hearing about it."- And so am I, having heard the same things every day since season 8, when I joined the forum. But guess what? That isn't Boogie's fault or any od the 'n00bs' who join to post their negative thoughts on the matter. Welcome to the internet- I have yet to see one forum in existence where the product/show in question was not torn to shreds by the fanbase at times. If these threads annoy you, then don'treadthem, because I've got a news flash for you: For as long as you go on this forum, these topics will continue to pop up. You can either deal with it or leave the forum yourself, because it is a fact of the forum.

3- "You're a troll!"- If you think Boogie, or the people who have negative thoughts on the matter and joined to express them, are trolls, then you don't know what a troll is or you really don't have anything substantial to say. Something tells me if he was doing exactly what he was doing but was being pro-recent SP, you'd like him.
Which means he isn't being a troll- you're just being extremely biased.

4- "TEH NOOB"- Some of the dumbest, most noobish people I've ever met give the show nothing but praise at all times. Do me a favor and harp on them- oh wait, you won't, because you know that you're not angry at them for being new, but because they have a different opinion.

Remember guys, this is a two-way street. I LOVE SP. However, that doesn't mean I think all discussion about it should be gushing praise of the highest order, with no critcism accepted. This is an internet discussion forum, and last time I checked, it was not against the rules to post something negative about the show. What I find funny is that someone can make a long post about why they don't like something, and members who are supposed to be intelligent and respectful will immediately denounce said individual.

My opinion on the matter? Seasons 5-7 are the best. The best writing, still plenty of jokes, and great plots. The worst? Season 9, with too few jokes, a few weak plots, and the first episode destroyed Garrison for a few years. Season 13? Meh so far with three good episodes and two not-so-good episodes.
Is South Park different? Yeah. When it hits the ball nowadays, it will hit it out of the park. However, it'll miss the ball a lot more and go back to the dugout with a strikeout. Old SP did not always hit it out of the park, but it'd make contact.

Edit:

Oh yes, and this: "4. Do not harrass users, and respect others opinions."
We aren't harassing people but we sure as hell aren't respecting opposing opinions.
Last edited by ShaneHaughey on Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:22 am

boogie wrote:Have respect and that means you moderators also. I've seen some moderators make fun of people who respond. If it weren't for these forum subscribers there wouldn't be moderators. Have some restraint and listen and if you don't agree, back it up, don't say, "Hey, Man, Like, ya know, no one is making you, ya know, hey, watch it or, ya know, putting a gun, ya know to your head , ya know?"

Be glad this thread is still open. :) But I stand by my word: Hey, Man, Like, ya know, no one is making you, ya know, hey, watch it or, ya know, putting a gun, ya know to your head , ya know? I don't need to defend the show. All I need to do is say that if you're getting tired of the show, stop watching it. Or, to address the question that got my retort,
Darigaz wrote:Do you need SHOCK VALUE to snag viewers?

what does it matter that they use SHOCK VALUE in an episode? How does their constant use of it indicate that they NEED it to snag viewers? Is that all you think this show is about nowadays?

Matt and Trey often say they make episodes that they themselves find funny, not episodes they think will snag (new) viewers for the shock value they contain. I'll take their word over Darigaz' any day.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:35 am

Big-Will wrote:Be glad this thread is still open. :) But I stand by my word: Hey, Man, Like, ya know, no one is making you, ya know, hey, watch it or, ya know, putting a gun, ya know to your head , ya know? I don't need to defend the show. All I need to do is say that if you're getting tired of the show, stop watching it. Or, to address the question that got my retort,

That paragraph needs a few more "hey"s, and some "what?"s.
farty mcshitface

Postby farty mcshitface » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:51 pm

well of course it has changed. why don't you try making over a decades worth of material while staying within the guidlines you listed?. they have to come up with new ideas all the time and that ain't easy. i still love the show. they are still tearing it up in my book.
Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:26 pm

Shane, I read your post and I think that this may be yet another area where we agree to disagree. You make some good points tho.

Not everyone is gonna like every ep and I understand that. To be honest I wasn't all that impressed with Fishsticks... while I was so thrilled over Eat, Pray, Queef...my favorite show finally talking about an issue that is dear to me that I now own it on my Xbox and my iPod.

But, I feel that you are asking for trouble when you go to a place where largely fans meet to be critical of something. Like, for example, I am annoyingly vocal about not liking Family Guy. What would happen to me if I decided to go to the official Family Guy forum to voice that? I'd be torn apart.

On that same point, there is the common misconception that just because you (not you specifically Shane but people in general) have the freedom of speech that you also have the right to be heard. A lot of these people believe in free speech when they come here to complain, but as soon as you go against what they say...you're the Gestapo. Take for example that guy yesterday that came in and exercised his First Amendment rights to say he was dissapointed with the show but then proceeded to jump Will's sh*t for things he has said.

Do they have the right to come in here? Yes. But do they need to afford the same rights to say what we want to the rest of us? Yes. And I feel that if you go to a fan site of a TV show to complain about it then it's fair to expect some people to defend a show they enjoy and to expect that an intelligent functioning human being to understand that if you aren't enjoying what you are watching, a quick click of a remote will change that for you. Coming here won't. The producers don't come here to listen to those of us who love the show, let alone people who largely come here to bitch once and then leave.
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:40 pm

ShaneHaughey wrote:WFM, JJ...you know I respect you. And the following is not really in regards to how you interacted with Boogie 1v1, but rather your blanket statements. Having said that, your viewpoints on this matter are relatively immature:

1- "If you don't like it, don't watch it."- So basically, even if you loved the show in the past, if you don't like it now you shouldn't post your thoughts on the matter? People who post on these forums, and even more so, those who start topics like this and mean what they say, love South Park or at least what South Park used to be. Disagree with them all you want, but "If you don't like it, don't watch it" should be used against someone who plain does not like South Park, not a disenfranchised fan. There was a period right before Season 11 where I, someone who has seen every episode live save for the first, someone who got into a fight with his first boss because he deviated from a schedule and made him miss an episode, someone who devoted and still does devote a large portion of his life to the show, started to dislike it.
well, what i meant was if he hates season 13 so much, why doesn't he leave it start watching again after hiatius or at the start of season 14?
What you are saying is that counter opinions to yours, ones which you don't like, should not be allowed not because it goes against the grain of the site but because you personally don't like it. To be honest, that is like telling someone to not play GTA games because they didn't like GTA IV or thinking that true fans love GTA IV, even if they loved all previous games.
I never said they shouldn't be posted. it gets annoying after a while, but I still NEVER said they shouldn't post it.

2- "We're just sick of hearing about it."- And so am I, having heard the same things every day since season 8, when I joined the forum. But guess what? That isn't Boogie's fault or any od the 'n00bs' who join to post their negative thoughts on the matter.
My complaint is, why don't they click "view active topics" and look for a complaint thread? Why do they have to start their own?

3- "You're a troll!"- If you think Boogie, or the people who have negative thoughts on the matter and joined to express them, are trolls, then you don't know what a troll is or you really don't have anything substantial to say. Something tells me if he was doing exactly what he was doing but was being pro-recent SP, you'd like him.
No, I say this because they quite often present their points very trollishly. Seriously. They yell and insult people because they have a different opinion, or because we told them to stop.
4- "TEH NOOB"- Some of the dumbest, most noobish people I've ever met give the show nothing but praise at all times. Do me a favor and harp on them- oh wait, you won't, because you know that you're not angry at them for being new, but because they have a different opinion.
I'm not angry at them for having a different opinion! Kmac liked the old episodes better, and am I mad at her? No. I'm not.
Remember guys, this is a two-way street. I LOVE SP. However, that doesn't mean I think all discussion about it should be gushing praise of the highest order, with no critcism accepted.
i agree. Personally, not without my anus and britney's new look were the only episodes I disliked. I'll accept any criticism, though, and counter it with what I think, in a non-trollish way.
and members who are supposed to be intelligent and respectful will immediately denounce said individual.
i respect, you too, Shane, but i have to say this: bullsh*t! I never denounced the Darigaz guy, and I didn't denounce the Boogie person when they were acting normal.
My opinion on the matter? Seasons 5-7 are the best.
That's my favorite too! :)
The best writing, still plenty of jokes, and great plots.
Agreed.. Season 13? Meh so far with three good episodes and two not-so-good episodes.
I did find one not so good...

Edit:

We aren't harassing people but we sure as hell aren't respecting opposing opinions.

Shane, I wasn't breaking this rule. Plain and simple.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:12 pm

Just_Jackie wrote:Shane, I read your post and I think that this may be yet another area where we agree to disagree. You make some good points tho.

Not everyone is gonna like every ep and I understand that. To be honest I wasn't all that impressed with Fishsticks... while I was so thrilled over Eat, Pray, Queef...my favorite show finally talking about an issue that is dear to me that I now own it on my Xbox and my iPod.

But, I feel that you are asking for trouble when you go to a place where largely fans meet to be critical of something. Like, for example, I am annoyingly vocal about not liking Family Guy. What would happen to me if I decided to go to the official Family Guy forum to voice that? I'd be torn apart.

On that same point, there is the common misconception that just because you (not you specifically Shane but people in general) have the freedom of speech that you also have the right to be heard. A lot of these people believe in free speech when they come here to complain, but as soon as you go against what they say...you're the Gestapo. Take for example that guy yesterday that came in and exercised his First Amendment rights to say he was dissapointed with the show but then proceeded to jump Will's sh*t for things he has said.

Do they have the right to come in here? Yes. But do they need to afford the same rights to say what we want to the rest of us? Yes. And I feel that if you go to a fan site of a TV show to complain about it then it's fair to expect some people to defend a show they enjoy and to expect that an intelligent functioning human being to understand that if you aren't enjoying what you are watching, a quick click of a remote will change that for you. Coming here won't. The producers don't come here to listen to those of us who love the show, let alone people who largely come here to bitch once and then leave.

The difference between you and Family Guy and these guys and South Park is that, from what I understand, you were never a super serious fan of Family Guy anyway. These guys who are posting were big fans of South Park- complaints from former serious fans mean a lot more and deserve more respect than complaints from people who never really liked the show. Why? Because when these people post and make topics, it isn't just some random guy's opinion. It is someone who used to love the show as much as you or I saying why they no longer like it.
So there is a difference between you going on a Family Guy forum and the situation here because, correct me if I'm wrong, you were never a super big fan of the show anyway.

I'm not defending people on a personal level. Some people are asses and deserve to be treated as such. I am discussing the blanket statements or knee jerk reactions I've seen.

Defend the show. That is a good thing to do. But blanket statements and personal attacks(Which I will say calling someone a noob is purely because you are sick of those sorts of topics) are not a good thing. Saying, "If you don't like it, don't watch it." as a first response to someone is not a good thing.

And to be honest, the people who come here once to praise the show(There are just as many of them.) are just as annoying. That is partially my point- we're too rude to people who we disagree with while we let people who we do agree with get away with the exact same thing.
Rockylolo

Postby Rockylolo » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:35 pm

Evolution is not just genetic. It's personal.

South Park has changed for the better - as the Western World changes, we can no longer rely upon the the mainstream philosophical rebellian we like to 'all' believe that in some way, we have partaken in for the past 12 years, including those from America, to UK, to Australia, to wherever else that Westerners want to believe that we have.....

oh... wait....

*bends over, releases flatulence from his rear end, and inhales delightfully*...

Mmm....aaahhhh.......

Anyway... I believe a change is better for the earth as a developing planet.... *cocks head to the side and smiles*.... bye!!!

:wink:
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:42 pm

Wii fit man wrote:
ShaneHaughey wrote:WFM, JJ...you know I respect you. And the following is not really in regards to how you interacted with Boogie 1v1, but rather your blanket statements. Having said that, your viewpoints on this matter are relatively immature:

well, what i meant was if he hates season 13 so much, why doesn't he leave it start watching again after hiatius or at the start of season 14?
I never said they shouldn't be posted. it gets annoying after a while, but I still NEVER said they shouldn't post it.

2- "We're just sick of hearing about it."- And so am I, having heard the same things every day since season 8, when I joined the forum. But guess what? That isn't Boogie's fault or any od the 'n00bs' who join to post their negative thoughts on the matter.
My complaint is, why don't they click "view active topics" and look for a complaint thread? Why do they have to start their own?

No, I say this because they quite often present their points very trollishly. Seriously. They yell and insult people because they have a different opinion, or because we told them to stop.
I'm not angry at them for having a different opinion! Kmac liked the old episodes better, and am I mad at her? No. I'm not.
Remember guys, this is a two-way street. I LOVE SP. However, that doesn't mean I think all discussion about it should be gushing praise of the highest order, with no critcism accepted.
i agree. Personally, not without my anus and britney's new look were the only episodes I disliked. I'll accept any criticism, though, and counter it with what I think, in a non-trollish way.
and members who are supposed to be intelligent and respectful will immediately denounce said individual.
i respect, you too, Shane, but i have to say this: bullsh*t! I never denounced the Darigaz guy, and I didn't denounce the Boogie person when they were acting normal.
My opinion on the matter? Seasons 5-7 are the best.
That's my favorite too! :)
The best writing, still plenty of jokes, and great plots.
Agreed.. Season 13? Meh so far with three good episodes and two not-so-good episodes.
I did find one not so good...

Edit:

Shane, I wasn't breaking this rule. Plain and simple.

1- And if he doesn't like it then? Lemme guess, he can't post then either, right? Quick question: At what point can people post negative opinions, and where? This is General South Park Discussion. If someone thinks the whole show has gone to the crapper, they should post here. Episode Discussion- if they think a single episode suck, they should post there.

2- And people who enjoy the show do the same. exact. thing. So why aren't we angry with them? Seriously, you act as if people who dislike the new episodes are worse than those who like them for trollish and noobish reasons when people who like the episodes are doing just as bad if not worse. In fact, on a weekly basis, the worst posters that come here are the pro-ones who say that if you don't like this week's episode you aren't a true fan and the anti-ones who say that if you like the new episodes you are stupid and/or sheep. They are just as bad.

3- It isn't you SAYING it. It is the vibe your posts give off, as if people who dislike the direction of the show or don't like the new episodes shouldn't be here. You don't directly say they shouldn't be allowed to post, but you certainly make it seem that way.

4- Why don't people who like the show do the same? Just this week, there at least as many pro-SP topics as threads complaining about it.(Also, shockingly, those topics are of a lower quality.) Yet your response to one in particular was, "You like it? Then join us here" followed by a link. A good post as he needed to go there, but why is it when someone does the same thing but with a complaint topic, your response is more along the lines of: "So many threads about this already!!! Click "view active topics" and you'll see there's a thread just like this right near the top!!!*madface*"
And mind you, the first topic was one line and the one you got a little hiffy on, the guy put some thought into it.

5- KMac you give a pass because you know her. It is the new people who we are discussing- and my point here is that if someone were to tipe liek dis n b pro-sp, you'd be annoyed at the typing style but likely wouldn't call them a noob or a troll. If they were anti-SP however...
But you aren't as bad as RideTheLightning, who gets rude with people immediately of he disagrees with them. :lol:

6- Tunnel vision- I am discussing your interactions with everyone, not one or two people. I came to this topic to discuss it because JJ was here as well and I wanted to discuss it with both of you.

7- We are not respecting other people's opinions. You know this to be true: You may not get angry with them and sh*t in their faces, but you do not respect their opinions anywhere near on the same level as someone who likes the show.
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:51 am

Sorry it took me so long to reply.

shane wrote:

1- And if he doesn't like it then? Lemme guess, he can't post then either, right? Quick question: At what point can people post negative opinions, and where? This is General South Park Discussion. If someone thinks the whole show has gone to the crapper, they should post here. Episode Discussion- if they think a single episode suck, they should post there.

Actually, if they think the show is getting worse, then post it one of the existing complaint threads. If they think that one episode is bad, they can post it in that episodes' discussion thread. We don't need new topics for this.
Shane wrote:2- And people who enjoy the show do the same. exact. thing. So why aren't we angry with them? Seriously, you act as if people who dislike the new episodes are worse than those who like them for trollish and noobish reasons when people who like the episodes are doing just as bad if not worse. In fact, on a weekly basis, the worst posters that come here are the pro-ones who say that if you don't like this week's episode you aren't a true fan and the anti-ones who say that if you like the new episodes you are stupid and/or sheep. They are just as bad.
Well, I told off one of those people recently.

Shane wrote:3- It isn't you SAYING it. It is the vibe your posts give off, as if people who dislike the direction of the show or don't like the new episodes shouldn't be here. You don't directly say they shouldn't be allowed to post, but you certainly make it seem that way.
Well I don't give off that vibe on purpose. The complaint topics, as well as the approval topics, get quite annoying.

Shane wrote:4- Why don't people who like the show do the same? Just this week, there at least as many pro-SP topics as threads complaining about it.
maybe THIS week, but remember how it was after eat, pray, queef?

Shane wrote:Yet your response to one in particular was, "You like it? Then join us here" followed by a link. A good post as he needed to go there, but why is it when someone does the same thing but with a complaint topic, your response is more along the lines of: "So many threads about this already!!! Click "view active topics" and you'll see there's a thread just like this right near the top!!!*madface*"
Honestly... I was pretty pissed off at the time, and that didn't help.

5- KMac you give a pass because you know her. It is the new people who we are discussing- and my point here is that if someone were to tipe liek dis n b pro-sp, you'd be annoyed at the typing style but likely wouldn't call them a noob or a troll. If they were anti-SP however...

I just recently posted to an SP approving guy who talked like that: "Chatspeak=annoying"

7- We are not respecting other people's opinions. You know this to be true: You may not get angry with them and sh*t in their faces, but you do not respect their opinions anywhere near on the same level as someone who likes the show.

Do you expect me to respect that many topics? Respecting takes a lot of energy. :P
Scotland

Postby Scotland » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:34 am

If you don't like the show, then why are you watching it?

Whats to stop you from simply changing the channel onto something else?
Yeah! So I did! I wanna just smiling!
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:46 am

Wii fit man wrote:Sorry it took me so long to reply.

shane wrote:

Actually, if they think the show is getting worse, then post it one of the existing complaint threads. If they think that one episode is bad, they can post it in that episodes' discussion thread. We don't need new topics for this.
Shane wrote:2- And people who enjoy the show do the same. exact. thing. So why aren't we angry with them? Seriously, you act as if people who dislike the new episodes are worse than those who like them for trollish and noobish reasons when people who like the episodes are doing just as bad if not worse. In fact, on a weekly basis, the worst posters that come here are the pro-ones who say that if you don't like this week's episode you aren't a true fan and the anti-ones who say that if you like the new episodes you are stupid and/or sheep. They are just as bad.
Well, I told off one of those people recently.

Shane wrote:3- It isn't you SAYING it. It is the vibe your posts give off, as if people who dislike the direction of the show or don't like the new episodes shouldn't be here. You don't directly say they shouldn't be allowed to post, but you certainly make it seem that way.
Well I don't give off that vibe on purpose. The complaint topics, as well as the approval topics, get quite annoying.

Shane wrote:4- Why don't people who like the show do the same? Just this week, there at least as many pro-SP topics as threads complaining about it.
maybe THIS week, but remember how it was after eat, pray, queef?

Shane wrote:Yet your response to one in particular was, "You like it? Then join us here" followed by a link. A good post as he needed to go there, but why is it when someone does the same thing but with a complaint topic, your response is more along the lines of: "So many threads about this already!!! Click "view active topics" and you'll see there's a thread just like this right near the top!!!*madface*"
Honestly... I was pretty pissed off at the time, and that didn't help.

I just recently posted to an SP approving guy who talked like that: "Chatspeak=annoying"

Do you expect me to respect that many topics? Respecting takes a lot of energy. :P

1- Issue there is that except on very rare occassions there is not an official complaint topic, and be honest, would you be angry if the exact same number of approval topics existed? If there was an official Season or Episode complaint thread(for every episode if #2), then yeah, I'd be with you. But the fact is that it is neither against the rules to do what they're doing nor is it, as I explained earlier, unbecoming of the forum as a whole.

2- Yes, one. But let us say there are ten complainers- how many would you tell off? A fair number, I'd bet, even if they weren't being noobish or trollish.

3- They sure do, but you have complete and total control over how you come off online. There have been times when I've been steaming mad yet I still managed to be neutral enough because the topic or poster was deserving of it. It isn't that hard, so saying you're angry is not really justification for how you act with others. And that isn't saying you're being an assh*le to everyone, just that you're being very biased in your interactions much of the time. We all go through those times and are all guilty of this at one time or another.

4- Yeah. I also remember how it was after #813, #901(Though I couldn't post), #907(No post), #911(No post), #1005, #1014, #1103, #1106, #1202, and #1206. Each one of those times, the complaints were justified by the people who had them. Same with EPQ. I'd be agreeing with you more if the complainers were bing nasty as a rule, but TBH, I find the Pro-SP people who say "If you don't like *Name of episode*, yo aren't a real fan." to be infinitely worse and one of the few arguments likely to drive me into a fury.

3, a second time- Read what I said for 3, and add in how that topic was well written and offered valid criticisms. If that gets on your nerves, then you can't say it is the noobish and trollish who anger you in those areas, but rather the opinions that do it more. And you know what? I was like that in 2004. It isn't unusual.

5- That is good.

6- I don't expect you to respect every topic. I expect you to respect the opinions contained therein. If that means not posting because all you can offer are angry words and chastizing due to your own bias and anger about the number of topics instead of talking about the actual expressed opinions, then that would be respectful.
Most of the issue is less what they're saying and more how you are pursuing these topics. Guess what? If I click on an anti-religious topic in the OT forum, I can not bitch about it making me angry. I clicked on it.
Same in this case. He expresses an opinion; it is by your choice you listen to it, and by your choice that it actually annoys you.
Conversely, it is also your choice to debate and crush him. That is fine and what you should do if you like the show as you give his opinion the respect of a good debate. But using those copouts and blanket statements not only is by itself disrespectful IMHO, but leads to disrespect of the poster and his/her intentions.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”