South Park Ain't What It Used To Be Megathread

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

MisterCee93

Re: this season sucks

Postby MisterCee93 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:08 pm

this season, in my opinion, does not "suck". if it sucked as bad as dis feeno "82" (or watever his name izz) claims it izz den i wuddnt take time from playing Fallout 3 to watch i' now wud i??? so shut ur face, keep ur goddamn opinions to yerself and stop being a bloody bitch and a rite langer!!!
Ya fecking langer!!! Póg mo thóin!
big keny

Postby big keny » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:13 pm

ll82ll wrote:i demand a two girls one cup episode and if demands arent met i probably will do nothing about and continue watching the show and not laugh

dude 2 g 1 c is :parishilton: :parishilton: :stanpuke: :stanpuke:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
('')_('')
RAGGLE FRAGGLE!
i wasnt hitting you,i was simply high-fiveing your face
SUM 41 ROCKS!!!
celtic dragon!
this_bitch_bites

Postby this_bitch_bites » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:51 pm

ll82ll wrote:this season is not nearly as good as the previouse ones the queef sisters really!!!

i demand a two girls one cup episode and if demands arent met i probably will do nothing about and continue watching the show and not laugh

Excuse Me, How old are you and wot season having you been watching The Ring was the beast season permire since 07 (unless you happen to be a Ten year old JB fan , witch you might be ) and the coon a classic Cartman Butters ep.

i'll admit Eat, Pray Queef isnt my favourite ep this season there are some classic moments , have you overlooked the begining being a parody of wot happen ten years ago (everyone waiting to see who Cartmans father was then getting pissed off when given a TnP ep instead

That ep also showcases the topic of Double standerds brillliantly, the boys love watching TnP but when it Comes the Q.S witch is the same thing but with women they are appauled and get queefing banned . The song at the end is so f*cking funney

They follow that that up with fishsticks another classic
did you not get that show. Oh I am terrably sorry I just realised you could be KW

Pinewood Derby was classic Randy

if you dont get the show anymore thats ok just stop watching . its your loss but keep quite about it DONT start these bitchy little threads on fan sites where everybody loves show the its a WASTE of YOUR time and ours

if you want a two girl one cup ep GO watch FAMILY GUY and leave us alone

SEASON 13 KICKS TOTAL ASS :D
Remember, we all die in 2012!!!
LawrenceTaylor

Postby LawrenceTaylor » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:32 pm

MnT do the best job they can. Truth is, the world probably doesn't 'need' TV, theres no point in making a show if all you're trying to do is outdue yourself so people can feel good for a half hour and then return to things sh*tty and workaday again; its ultimately the audiences fault if they judge a show like some dumbass critic, if all they do is bitch and moan and don't make their own life worthwhile. Its up to you to make things good, not up to a show; who cares if its not amazing all the time. That's not life, that's not what it'll ever be.

And there's awesome episodes so far in season 13; if you think otherwise you're far too judgemental and life's gonna cut you down a bit.

And sure they have 6 month breaks, but vacations are part of the creative process.

f*ck the whole general discussions forum if all you guys want to do is moan.
spfan1494

Postby spfan1494 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:01 pm

There was at least one episode that sucked this season, but there were sveral good episodes, such as "The Ring" and "Fishsticks" in my opinion. The only episode that really sucked to me was "Pinewood Derby". No laughs at all. But Matt and Trey bust their asses every year for this show, with break time in between. That could be a liable excuse.
"It's not over until someone gives up the ghost."- My own quote.
"You never know what'll happen when you're on... Snork Patrol!" -Corky
"Change, or die." -Chef Gordon Ramsay
republocrat23

Kept the images, deleted the text - Big-Will

Postby republocrat23 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:15 pm

GlittersBlings

Postby GlittersBlings » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:16 pm

They once said they are running out of ideas.
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:39 pm

republocrat guy: Shut up already! :x
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
jafo991

Is it just me?????

Postby jafo991 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:13 am

Ok so I am a die hard south park fan. It seems like this year Trey and Matt have changed some things up that affecting the shows comedic factor. Cartman used to be a huge draw for me as did all the kid characters becuase they had the innocence of kids but occasionally rattled off a curse word. It was the fact that they were and acted like kids that made the situations funny. Now Cartman is talking like a grown up, the kids are like adults, using big words, the voices have changed a lot as well. Go back and watch an episode from season four or six. Cartmans voice was rougher and not so intelligent sounding. That was funny. There is no Cartman begging or flipping out, the adults are funny acting anymore because it has all been clouded by the desire for a deeper story. The early episodes weren't about that crap, just hilarious toilet humor and stupid acting adults that we could all relate to...especially randy. Bring back the little things!!!!
Solomon808

Re: Is it just me?????

Postby Solomon808 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:21 am

No, you're not the only one. I've noticed a slight difference in the characters also. But whats really becoming apparent to me is the quality of the stories. They don't seem to reach a climax and resolution. Especially the last two. Pinewood Derby simply ended as did the new one. There was at least another thirty min left I thought. If the trend continues I may have to give them up as I did the Simpsons this season(new intro?new animation?after 20 years???).
But oh well. You can't win all the time. At least the majority of their work is excellent, and I still think its all watchable. And while characters will inevitably change with time, the story quality could be in a lapse for any reason.
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:49 am

Why don't make an offical complaint thread and delete all the others? Because this is getting riiculous.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:06 am

No one wants to post in an official complaint thread if theirs isn't the first post. :P
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
minduser

Anyone else feel the same?

Postby minduser » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:02 am

Let me start by saying, I have been a fan of SP for many years. I own every season and have listened to every commentary multiple times. The show is amazing, always has been and always will be. I want to discuss some observations I have made and see if there are others out there who feel the same. THIS IS A DISCUSSION, NOT A BASH AGAINST SP.

I, personally, have not enjoyed the most recent seasons of SP as much as I have the previous ones. I would say that I noticed this feeling began in Season 9. It was very subtle, but it has built up to the point that I enjoy fewer and fewer episodes. Season 13 has been very difficult to watch.

-I WILL EXPLAIN MY POINT-
It appears to me that the show's focus has shifted from the writers to the animators. I feel that the writing has dropped off, the animation has been ramped up too much, and that the town is unrecognizable.

ARE THERE TOO MANY ANIMATORS?
1. The scenes are absolutely cluttered and so much is lost in trying to figure out the area and the subtleties.

2. There are entirely too many trips to the white house, other countries, and other areas.

3. The town's look has changed to the point where it is unrecognizable.

4. Shows are created with an animation style or clothing style in mind.

Trey said himself that he enjoyed the episodes more where the boys were just being boys. They don't always have to go on incredible adventures that lead to world changing events.

I won't presume for even a second to understand what it has been like to create a hit show, build the characters, and create new episodes for more than a decade. I won't even say that I would do any different.

What I will do, is ask if any other fans feel the same or similar.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: Anyone else feel the same?

Postby Big-Will » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:13 am

Dude, this forum is full of similar threads. Just browse the first two pages of the thread list. I'm starting to want to merge them all.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
RideTheLightning

Re: Anyone else feel the same?

Postby RideTheLightning » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:57 pm

minduser wrote:Trey said himself that he enjoyed the episodes more where the boys were just being boys. They don't always have to go on incredible adventures that lead to world changing events.

Trey also said, "Everyone, including us, enjoy the episodes that are about the kids being kids much better so then people ask us, 'Why don't you just make every episode like that?', and it's just like because you wouldn't enjoy those episodes as much and you'd get tired of it."

Return to “General South Park Discussion”