Michael Jackson

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

qwurng

Re: Michael Jackson

Postby qwurng » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:30 pm

are we all forgetting that he is a f*cking freak who molseted little kids, boys mostly......mostly he looks like pancacke batter everything he had at neverland ranch wa stuff to attract little kids HE IS SICK im not saying he deserved to die no one does im saying i dont care and none of you should either you praising someone who has sex with children i believe in tollerence and equality and all that gay stuff but dude f*ck you im pretty sure hes getting rammed (those rams can do what they like lol) how does it feel??? is everyone forgetting that a way better person died one the sam day and noone is saying anything about that if your sad about him pasing your f*cking stupid get over it
qwurng

Postby qwurng » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:34 pm

his childhood had nothing to do with it his brothers and sisters were in the spotlight too and they're all normal
DeadlyAssasin

Postby DeadlyAssasin » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:38 pm

He was proven not guilty in court but who knows. He was truly a legend and revolutionized pop music. It was a shame that he could not preform his concerts in the UK.

RIP

Michael Jackson :santa:
SouthParkFan711

Postby SouthParkFan711 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:06 pm

What was that one episode where Cartman was in love with "Mr. Jefferson"? :?:
SoUtHpArk FaN1234

Postby SoUtHpArk FaN1234 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:29 am

i can't believe that he died but it was really really gross what he did with kids! :?
attack! of the quinea-saurus rex
Ranius

Postby Ranius » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:16 am

His music was always one of the best, showmanship included. And i'm not one for pop.

Some things just never change, do they? The real glory comes only as the person dies. Old grudges forgotten - who needs 'em, past crimes forgiven. "Regole de pietá". Imo it would work better if such recognition was done when he was still alive. Though it's true doing that is usually complicated.

As for his personal life... that has little to do with the maintime of his music. Therefore, weather he did anything or not, it's always been my opinion that short of the problems that pushed him into writing those songs what he did or did not do just doesn't concern me.

Rest in peace man, you earned it.
____
Idiocracy, Fog of war, Enemy Image, Zeitgeist, Addendum, Zeitgeist Refuted, B. and B. two faces of the same coin... So what is the truth?
BigCamera4892

Postby BigCamera4892 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:42 am

I remember in the San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles: many times I saw MJ in real life situations. There was a video store in the Woodland Hills section of Los Angeles where he was often seen by me buying movies, and buying kids he brought with him (I don't know who they were) movies too.

And in the Tarzana part of Los Angeles, also in The Valley, I would see him at a hobby store playing with toy cars. He was a regular there.

Rest in Peace, MJ. I know he was supposed to do 50 shows in Europe starting in a few weeks. However, like other entertainers, he rented a rehearsal hall to practice in. He rented the Staples Center where the Lakers and Kings and the Clippers play. I understand he did a full dress rehearsal the night before he died. Kind of like the first show of his 50 show run, so I guess it was really a 51 show run. Plus all the other rehearsals.

Now MJ is/was 50 years old. He is not 20 anymore. He must have really hurt everywhere the next day. That's why he had a doctor by his side at all times. The best situation when a person has a heart attack is to have it in an emergency room with all the proper medical equipment. The next best thing is to have the heart attack in the presence of a doctor. Everything was done for him. What a sad end to a wonderful entertainer, up with the likes of Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, and The Beetles.

In the 1980's, MJ and George Lucas and Francis Ford Coppola and Disney created a 3-D movie called: "Captain EO." It was shown in the Disney Theme Parks. In the movie (about 16 minute running time), two songs were performed: We Are Here To Save The World and You're Just Another Part Of Me. One of these two songs was introduced for the first time in the film. I don't know which one. People needed special 3-D glasses to see the film, not the colored paper on cheap 3-D glasses. The film was never sold to the public. But it found it's way to YouTube. The 3-D effects are not like they were at Disneyland, of course, but there are things that jump out at you in 3-D in the YouTube video.

Because at the time this YouTube video was uploaded to YouTube, when the longest running time was limited to only 10 minutes, the person who uploaded it made two parts, each about 8 minutes or so. The second part has the two songs I referred to above. The first part is a comedy really; it sets up the second part. It was outer space themed.

I am linking three YouTube videos here:

Part I (about 8 minutes) of the setup of Captain EO

Part II (just under 9 minutes) of the two songs of Captain EO

The trailer of the movie, I think about 30 seconds long.

By the way, the "bad guy" in the film is played by actress Anjelica Huston.

Enjoy the links, and good bye Michael Jackson/Jefferson. 50 years old is too young to die.
bromacleanse

Postby bromacleanse » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:59 pm

Some of you don't know what you are talking about. Michael Jackson is a legend in the music industry. No one beats his record ever .
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:29 pm

The thing that strikes me is that for people just a little bit older than myself, the guy's a legend. They remember him most for the music. But for a guy born the year after Thriller, I know him primarily as a punchline in a Leno monologue. I have no memory of Mr. Jackson before all the bleaching and allegations of impropriety. To millions my age and younger, he's that weirdo that everyone liked in the 80's. I find that fascinating.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:51 pm

Just_Jackie wrote:I would guess that you were the only one who came into a thread titled "Michael Jackson" looking for people who don't care about him.

Sorry, my bad. It doesn't help that everybody talks about it and it's starting to annoy me.
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:55 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:The thing that strikes me is that for people just a little bit older than myself, the guy's a legend. They remember him most for the music. But for a guy born the year after Thriller, I know him primarily as a punchline in a Leno monologue. I have no memory of Mr. Jackson before all the bleaching and allegations of impropriety. To millions my age and younger, he's that weirdo that everyone liked in the 80's. I find that fascinating.

You missed out, man. :D I bet you were the product of a Thriller night. :lol:
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
angeldeb82

Postby angeldeb82 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:42 am

Oh, in case you didn't know, I'm watching American Idol's Michael Jackson Week again tonight in honor of our fallen pop star. This brings back memories when I saw it on March 10. :)
Still the same as it ever was.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:17 pm

Big-Will wrote:You missed out, man. :D I bet you were the product of a Thriller night. :lol:

My kind of humor, Will. :)

You read it! You can't unread it!
kyleishotomg

Postby kyleishotomg » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:28 pm

Yes i know, its so sad. ):
JBgoode

Postby JBgoode » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:33 pm

I was born 9/8/79 (same month, day & year as Pink), the time that "Off the Wall" came out, thus I had a great childhood built around Michaelmania. I was 4 when my dad brought home a copy of the "Thriller" LP in '83 & one he dropped the needle on the record, he just couldn't keep it off, then I was sat down w/ my cousin Jimmy the same year at my Grandma's house when he was watching MTV in which I saw the videos for "Billie Jean" & "Beat It" (I had to go to Grandma's house to watch MTV, Nickelodeon, USA & HBO since I didn't get cable until '86) & when my parents got a VCR for Christmas of '83, one of the first videos they rented was "Michael Jackson's "Thriller"" which contained the 14-minute video (which remains the #1 greatest music video ever made to this day)as well as a making-of special. Ever since then, I've been a fan of his music & videos.

I began eploring the Jackson 5ive records when I turned 7 after seeing syndicated reruns of the Rankin-Bass-produced Saturday morning cartoon & vintage performance footage on TV.

I was excited when the "Bad" album came out & I saw the 19-minute video on MTV, yet my parents didn't buy me a copy for my 8th birthday (I bet the store was sold out), but I did make up for that loss in 1994 when I fould a copy of the record at a yard sale.

I got my first personal copy of "Thriller" Christmas 1988, just 4 months after recieving a personal stereo system for my 9th birthday.

I was a late bloomer when it came to CDs (for economic reasons on the parental side) so when I got my first CD player, a Sony boombox w/ built in radio & cassette recorder, for Christmas in 1991, one of the first things I played on it was a CD copy of "Dangerous", it was (& still is) awesome.

In 1995, I still didn't buy things w/ my own money, so my parents bought me when I was 15 a copy of "HIStory, Past, Present & Future: Book 1" as an early birthday present (the other 2-CD set was "Pulse" by Pink Floyd, which I realised sucked, but I still have "HIStory")

I kinda passed on "Blood on the Dance Floor' since, title track aside, I felt there was nothing special about remix albums (unless you count Madonna's "You Can Dance")

I did the same thing w/ "Invincible" after reading the 2-star review it got in USA Today at the time (in retrospect, the album could use some reevaluation, since it did have "You Rock My World", "Ghosts", "Cry" & "Butterflies" on it)

I currently own the Special Edition versions of "Off the Wall" & "Thriller" (I don't have "Thriller 25" yet, whose 2-LP vinyl version I might need to place an order for at the local Bull Moose Music record shop, since the one that was already there is gone, like most MJ CDs & LPs at record shops across the country now, 'cause they sold out, like what happenned w/ the back catalogs of Elvis in '77, Lennon in '80 & Sinatra in '98)

Michael was a great entertainer, singer, songwriter,humanitarian & embassador of goodwill

Even in his weakest moments, he made great music.

Will never witness anyone else like him , for he was, & is the once & forever King of Pop!

1958-2009 RIP MJ :(

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”