Do any of you really like family guy?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

butters kenny

Re: Do any of you really like family guy?

Postby butters kenny » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:04 am

So..yeah I hate FG

[I watch TDI sometimes and 6T once or twice]
I Wasn't choking you I was just hugging your neck

R.I.P Chef for realz this time

( chef joined the sith so why don't you?)

R.I.P Billy Bonka
CartmanMills

Postby CartmanMills » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:24 pm

The newest episode was absolutely rank - the fact that it had about six minutes of random music in the entire episode pissed me off to no end. But the main criticism is that it just wasn't funny - but I despised that OJ episode. What a waste.
likethis_youdobitch

Postby likethis_youdobitch » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:31 pm

I liked Family Guy before it became cool to hate Family Guy, and I liked Family Guy after it became cool to hate Family Guy.

And why is this?

Because Family Guy is a good TV show and never fails to make me laugh.

This is why I really like Family Guy.

I think it's funny that about half the people who claim to hate the show have seen, like, one episode in their life, and barely remember any of it anyway. But I, a traitorous FG-ite, have no opinion worth your time, obviously, as my brain has been addled by the evil radiowaves coming from Stewie's mind-control devices..
butters kenny

Postby butters kenny » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:30 pm

I've seen all but about 3 and I hate it. Why have I seen so many if I hate it? It gets old and the new episodes suck I was hoping it would get better but I just gave up on it.
I Wasn't choking you I was just hugging your neck

R.I.P Chef for realz this time

( chef joined the sith so why don't you?)

R.I.P Billy Bonka
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:13 pm

I do like family guy. Before I got into South Park, it was my favorite show. It's not just crappy things that have nothing to do with the plot, like people claim. They're just willing to go off the plot, and if you don't like it, oh well.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
redblade7

Postby redblade7 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:38 pm

I liked Family Guy before the "comeback" - it became too preachy on the left, with my once-favorite character Brian the Dog being the most left-wing of all. South Park is preachy on the libertarian right. I'm a Republican, so I prefer South Park.
"Don't touch me! I've had my nuts broken, body poisoned, have been made love to in the ass by three dozen 40-year-old men—I just wanna go home and take a, a hot bath!" -Stuart McCormick
Respect4Grandma

Postby Respect4Grandma » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:00 pm

Ah, the classic South Park vs. Family Guy feud. As far as I'm concerned Family Guy died after season 3. In my honest opinion the only reason Family Guy has had so much recent success with modern mainstream society is... Well here's a quote to sum it up: Aristotle: "What does it mean to be a good person?", Descartes: "What does it mean to be?", Bertrand Russel: "What does it mean?, C.S. Lewis: " What does it?", Lil Jon: "What???" You can see how modern day society would idolize Family Guy. Anyone here view their most recent episode? 5 minutes of Conway Twitty (a joke aleady done three times in the past 2 seasons of Family Guy) Congrats to Seth for reaching an all-time low. I must say though, the old episodes were hilarious and they were written really well. Unfortunately Season 7 has nailed the coffin shut for Family Guy.

Stewie's mind control devices
He doesn't use those anymore, remember? Now he just wants to give Brian a hummer.
Dynamitekyle

Postby Dynamitekyle » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:39 am

Sometimes it's funny. :timmy:
Carbon Zero

Postby Carbon Zero » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:17 am

While Family guy can not compare to South Park, at least it does expose liberal hypocracy every now and then.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:50 am

I am starting to get sick of Family Guy, namely because of the preachy aspects of it. I hate getting preached at, and when I get that from an animated show, I don't feel like I am being entertained. I feel like I am getting fed propaganda.

Also, recently I have been watching Beavis and Butthead again, and I saw Rob Zombie's El Superbeasto..Those are fun adult cartoons. You watch them, and you don't feel like someone is trying to cram their points of view on religion and politics down your throat. Re watching Beavis and Butthead and seeing El Superbeasto and loving it, and then seeing a rerun of Family Guy on Adult Swim, well it just made me realize there are alot of adult animated shows I like more. Like Drawn Together, and Daria, and Ren and Stimpy ( the episodes Spumco made) and of course South Park and The Simpsons, and Futurama, and King of the Hill, and even a lot of animated shows that are more family oriented but had humor adults could appreciate..Like Animaniacs for instance. And alot of the classic cartoons from the thirties and 40's..I love Betty Boop and Tex Avery's cartoons..Why do I like all these cartoons better? Well a big part of it is the characters. With all the shows I really like, there is at least something I like about the main characters. Even the ones with obvious personality flaws. And honestly, when I think about it, I don't really like most of the main characters on Family Guy.
Beard

Postby Beard » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:21 am

Carbon Zero wrote:While Family guy can not compare to South Park, at least it does expose liberal hypocracy every now and then.

.........Not really....

I don't like Family Guy, never have. I always thought it was annoying. And it's worse now.
Formerly known as Master_Of_All

Consistent poster in the Character Discussion threads.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:27 am

A lot of people complain that the humor on South Park and other cartoons is mean spirited..Well I think what you see on Family Guy is crueler. I mean Meg gets picked on all the time, and she never really did anything. Cartman gets picked on and called fat, but he does a lot to make the other kids hate him, and it seems like he is better at defending himself than Meg.
Beard

Postby Beard » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:30 am

I think SP is a funny show, and Family Guy not, for quite a few reasons.

1. FG is full of politic-liberal stuff, which I don't really need, or want in a cartoon.

2. Most of the voices make me want to bash my head in.

3. The jokes are very hit-and-miss.

4. And finally, many of the plots are repeated 47982375894375 times.
Formerly known as Master_Of_All

Consistent poster in the Character Discussion threads.
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:55 am

PeterCoffin wrote:Family Guy is surrealist silliness designed to be entertaining.

Uh. lolRANDUMB =/= Surreal.

Anyway, I guess I like a few of the older episodes. My main beef is with it is how many people I know IRL [a lot of people I know love the sh*t out of Family Guy] watch this show and most of what I see of Family Guy, based on humour, is stuff from when McFarlene grew up. He references things he grew up with in his teen years a lot. If you grew up in America around the same time as Seth then sure, it could definitely be a funny show to you. But to your average teenage UK kid? This show should not be that funny to you beyond the basic humour of 'LOL RANDUMB CHWEEESE COOKIE RAWR' bullsh*t. Oh look, some random US actress just got slapped! Slapping's funny! Ahah, they're singing about AIDS! Isn't that edgy? Honestly, every Family Guy fan I know is a moronic man-child who likes System of a Down, hanging out at skate parks and giving each other great big hugs every ten minutes.
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:13 am

Yeah. Some of the pop culture references in Family Guy are fun, but they do rely on them too much for humor. Way too much..Many of the shows I mentioned that I like do have popculture related jokes, but not as much as Family Guy, and often the jokes are better written.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”