butters kenny

Re: What is your favorite scary movie?

Postby butters kenny » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:59 am

willowrose wrote:
I don't know. The Corpse Bride is about as scary as I like to get. :/

Was that even meant to be scary?
I Wasn't choking you I was just hugging your neck

R.I.P Chef for realz this time

( chef joined the sith so why don't you?)

R.I.P Billy Bonka
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:07 am

I have seen Audition..I remember, when I first heard of it..There was this thing on A&E a few years ago around Halloween..100 Scariest movie moments..They were interviewing all these actors and directors about what scenes from which movies were the scariest, and Rob Zombie was on there. He commented on Audition, said it was very disturbing, so I had to see it. And it is Japanese, so that is cool too. It was a while though before my local Hollywood video got a copy of it, but my old roommate ( who isn't so much into horror but loves anything Japanese) and I rented it..It is pretty good, what is f*cked up though is I found the crazy chick hot..LOL..
steelspine

Postby steelspine » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:38 pm

M00ndragon69 wrote:I have seen Audition..I remember, when I first heard of it..There was this thing on A&E a few years ago around Halloween..100 Scariest movie moments..They were interviewing all these actors and directors about what scenes from which movies were the scariest, and Rob Zombie was on there. He commented on Audition, said it was very disturbing, so I had to see it. And it is Japanese, so that is cool too. It was a while though before my local Hollywood video got a copy of it, but my old roommate ( who isn't so much into horror but loves anything Japanese) and I rented it..It is pretty good, what is f*cked up though is I found the crazy chick hot..LOL..

Wow if Rob Zombie thought it was disturbing it has to be
messed up, especially after seeing The Devils Rejects
and how much more sadistic he made The Family since House of a thousand corpses. But I am starting to miss the old psychological aspect of horror one of the few titles that
may have promise is Phantasmagoria the life of Lewis Caroll apparently it's supposed to be written directed and starring Marilyn Manson. While we are on the topic of musicians turned directors & ect.
Last edited by steelspine on Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words ... words might hurt me deeply, causing great emotional, mental, and psychological damage leading to a lowered self-esteem and decreased work-related efficiency."
-- Anonymous
ajsawred

Postby ajsawred » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:56 am

RideTheLightning wrote:The Shining. Tha motherfucking Shining

Thank You. One of the best of all time.
superkron420

Postby superkron420 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:51 am

ZOMG ZOMBIELAND
Pyramid_Head

Postby Pyramid_Head » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:30 am

I LOVE SILENT HILL IF THAT COUNTS. ITS GORY AND COOL. I LIKE THE PYRAMID HEAD, GREY CHILD, LYING FIGURE, AND THE NURSES. THE JANITOR WAS OK BUT NOT ONE OF MY FAVORITES. IF YOU PLAYED THE GAME SILENT HILL 4 THE ROOM, I LIKE THE TWIN VICTIMS, WHICH ARE THOSE THINGS THAT LOOK LIKE 2 SLEEPING INFANTS WITH BIG ARMS AND NO LEGS. THEY ARE PUT TOGETHER WHICH MAKES IT CREEPIER
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:07 am

Stop with the caps lock. Well, unless you're on a TI-99/4A or Commodore 64.
deathandecay

Postby deathandecay » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:12 am

I recommend checking out "Aftermath/Genesis".

Nacho Cerda directed all 3 shorts on this dvd, and they certainly are worth it.

For gorewhores, Aftermath is a must see, dealing with a Mortician working on a woman's body....I can't describe what happens here, but it truly is a "venting" movie. Not a word is spoken from the characters, and not a word will be spoken from you while the credits role, that's for sure.

But Genesis has a more 'artsy' tone, and really touches on an extremely emotional chill, leaving you with a more depressing feeling rather than shocks. I don't want to say any details, because part of the experience is exploring the story on your own.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:25 am

I like a lot of different kinds of horror movies..I do like all of Zombie's work and some stuff that has a lot of gore and violence, but I like stuff that is more psycological too.And I like movies that could be considered horror comedies. There are a lot of horror movies, and the ones that really grab my attention are the ones with characters I like, or with supernatural aspects in the plot. I will also see any movie with actors I have met at the two horror conventions I have been too. And by the way, I have met alot of the actors who were in The Devil's Rejects..Sid Haig, Bill Moseley, Leslie Easterbrook , Micheal Berryman, and Ken Foree...All really nice people. I hope some of them are at the next convention I go too.

Yeah I am a pretty big Devil's Rejects fan..Infact I used to post on the official board for that movie years ago..LOL..Back then, I was absent from this board for a few months, but on the Rejects board I made some cool friends, most of which I still talk to all the time.
deathandecay

Postby deathandecay » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:03 pm

Horror is like Metal; there are many sub-categories within =p

Psychological horror films are one of my favorites, Jacobs Ladder being on top, next to Session 9.
As for horror comedy, Night of the Creeps is the best, along with Return of the Living Dead and Re-animator!.....I recommend giving these a chance, regardless if they're "old".

I remember watching Devils Rejects and laughing for the first 5 minutes, simply just because of the '10 F-bombs per second' Zombie is now known for. But it was still an enjoyable movie, one that still made me root for the 'good guy' in the end, though. I was both sad yet grateful to witness it, because I both loved and hated the main characters.
Oh and I met Bill Moseley a few months ago, too :D He signed my Ohgr CD!

However that's where my Zombie-love ends...Halloween and H2 were painful to watch....although maybe that was the whole point O.o
steelspine

Postby steelspine » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:23 pm

I just rented Drag me to Hell and was actually impressed
at what I saw for a pg-13 horror film (normally I find the majority of pg-13 horror to be crap) but the choice to use the
lamia (even though it didn't quite appear as it does in mythology or act as it is traditionally did in the myths) it was nice to see some folklore used that isn't normally seen.
Last edited by steelspine on Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words ... words might hurt me deeply, causing great emotional, mental, and psychological damage leading to a lowered self-esteem and decreased work-related efficiency."
-- Anonymous
That God Damn Moose

Postby That God Damn Moose » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:50 pm

Jennifer's Body and The Grudge.

After waching The Grudge I have a phobia of creaking floors and the dark :/ :lol:
ιllιlιιllιlιιllιlιιllιlιιllιlιιllιlι

The moral of this story is: never talk to muffin trees.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:16 am

I loved Drag me to Hell. And Jennifer's Body..When I went to see Jennifer's Body in the theater, it was weird. Most of the audience in the theater were girls. Usually when I go see a horror movie in the theater, I am the only girl...I guess there are a lot of things in the movie that women and girls can identify with though.
steelspine

Postby steelspine » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:43 am

Has anyone here seen Rob Zombies's 2nd Halloween
I was wondering if that was any good? I enjoyed his reimaging
of the first one and thought it wrapped the series if not the film
up well on its own.

I finally got around to renting The Butcher it wasn't much in terms of story but worth renting if you're a gore hound but it just seemed t me like it was trying to pay tribute to some of great horror classics rather than tell a story (that doesn't mean it doesn't have its moments) But if I had to describe it, it was a
combination of REC. and Hostel.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:19 am

I saw Zombie's Halloween 2 twice in theaters..It is one of those movies either you love or you hate..I really liked it..I like what Zombie did with Halloween 1 and 2, I didn't think he took anything away from the original films, and I liked that the characters had more depth. Oh man, I would probably get my ass kicked for saying that on this official Halloween board I was on, because so many fans of the original Halloween hate that there is swearing in Zombie's Halloween films, or that Micheal has more of a motivation for killing..Well, people swear in real life, so f*ck that..And I don't know, I don't really buy the idea that someone would go and kill for absolutely no reason at all. Even if someone kills people because they are f*cked in the head and their reasoning behind it only makes sense to them, that is still a motivation. And if Micheal Myers is supernatural ( and kills his family due to a curse, which we saw in Halloween 6, the Curse of Micheal Myers), that is still a reason. Besides, the whole idea of Micheal being the shape and just killing randomly, like a robot, went out the window with the first Halloween sequel when it was reveled that Laurie was his sister. Of course if I said that on the official Halloween board, I would probably get accused of sucking Rob Zombie's balls, by a bunch of 40 year old virgins who live in their parent's basements..LOL

Horror fans seem to have strong opinions about the Halloween franchise. I like most of the films, even Halloween three. But the two that I hate are Halloween 420, and Halloween Reserection.. I couldn't even finish watching Halloween Reserection, I hated it that much.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”