Movies to Cartoons

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

AngusMcTavish

Re: Movies to Cartoons

Postby AngusMcTavish » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:41 pm

BRMBug wrote:Random, yet related: Anyone else remember how Bill & Ted was also made into a Saturday morning toon, and a live action show? I don't know why, but that popped into my head today for no reason. Come to think of it that same thing happened with The Tick, although it started as a comic.

Oh, duuuude... How awesome would Hitchhiker's Guide be made into a toon?!

I remember the Bill & Ted movies and cartoon, but when was it a live-action series? The only LAS I remember with a time-travelling phone booth is Doctor Who.

The Tick--Oh, hell yes! That was some fun!

Hitchhiker's Guide--You bet I'd watch!

Mystery Men was a weird movie, but I'll bet it would make for a fun 'toon.
Mrs._Eff

Postby Mrs._Eff » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:37 pm

I totally want to see every Friday the 13th movie animated. That would be awesome.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:41 am

I've been thinking that they should do an animated series for the Punisher. (Yeah, he's had movies.) But do it in the MAX comics format (Marvel's mature line). All the violence and language and junk, really make it MA!

That may prove difficult, however, ever since Disney bought Marvel.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:43 pm

AngusMcTavish wrote:I remember the Bill & Ted movies and cartoon, but when was it a live-action series? The only LAS I remember with a time-travelling phone booth is Doctor Who.

Like '92 or so. I just remember the one where they went back and convinced Elvis not to give up on his music. I looked, and it's on YT. I wouldn't recommend watching it though, it's teeeerrrrrible.

Lol, "Nothing But Trouble". :lol: That'd make a weird one, but there's so much material to work with there.
steelspine

Postby steelspine » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:01 am

District 9 would be interesting to see if it was done right.
"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words ... words might hurt me deeply, causing great emotional, mental, and psychological damage leading to a lowered self-esteem and decreased work-related efficiency."
-- Anonymous

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”