*1404: You Have 0 Friends* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

[Kenny]

Re: *1404: You Have 0 Friends* Post-Air Discussion

Postby [Kenny] » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:53 am

Kenny has a computer? How?

:assface: :gaykenny: :zombiekenny: :unhoodedkenny: :frozenkenny:
danimal24585

Postby danimal24585 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:07 pm

[quote="triplemultiplex"]To find a good friend, you've gotta wade through a lot of dicks.

HAHA, Ya I was nearly on the floor when I heard the "you've gotta wade through a lot of dicks"

So true, figuratively thankfully, but that will one of Cartman's top quotes, South Park's even.
danimal24585

Postby danimal24585 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:11 pm

GREAT EPISODE!! 2 in a row for two of my newly added favorites, both making my top 10....and that's a tough list to make it on.

Ironically, the first thing I did once the show was over was use my cell phone to update my facebook status to, "South Park was badass tonight!" haha

Communication is gettin more and more "out of touch" as it gets more intricate. What the hell we gunna do when satellites start fallin?
joejoe64

stan

Postby joejoe64 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:25 pm

i fell da same way im on fb way to much
HugoMeniovich

Postby HugoMeniovich » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:03 pm

Awesome job! mirrors facebook in my life LOL, though Stan Marsh has accomplished something most of us wont be able to: say "f*ck OFF" to FaceBook...

it's not that simple right?
Yousarrian

Postby Yousarrian » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:06 pm

I enjoyed this one. I have similar filings about facebook, so I don't have an account, and also I liked Tron 2.0 game. Interestingly, I have lot of friends that don't give a rats ass for facebook, but that's not case with my nephew and niece.
jesussdad

Postby jesussdad » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:12 pm

funny ep. but so much more they could have done with it. if anything kids who watch this might want to try facebook now.
a nice controversy bomb would be nice anytime soon. you know you're onto a winner when you're getting sued or censored.
anyhoo is that the first time garrison has been referred to as herbert???
Longtimefan

Postby Longtimefan » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:20 pm

Didn't read all the posts but it seems the majority liked it and I heartily agree. The way they showed how people take facebook so seriously and report about "I ate dinner, it was good" was so accurate; 98% of the crap on facebook is so pointless. It's funny how technology takes over because the majority of my family found I had broken up with my girlfriend through facebook before I could tell them, lol.

Brilliant episode though, definitely goes down as one of the classics imho. Gotta go through some dicks to find a friend... words to live by. :lol: And farmville, mafia wars, vampire hospital, pet salad, and any other dumb game they think up suck big floppy donkey dick; though now that you can ignore all the updates it's better.
kieranic

Postby kieranic » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:29 pm

[Kenny] wrote:Kenny has a computer? How?

:assface: :gaykenny: :zombiekenny: :unhoodedkenny: :frozenkenny:

Through some "Laptop to every child" foundation I heard.

Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Laptop_per_Child. Thats what Kenny used to get a laptop.
Metal_Meatwad

Postby Metal_Meatwad » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:47 pm

Now I am mad at South Park, even though I loved this episode.
The amount of Dicks on Chat Roulette has risen to 100%........
So many DICKS!!!!!!!!!! AHHHH!!!!!!!!!! EVERYONE IS JACKING OFF!!!!!
I better move to the new video chat on Omegle...
stevesut1

Postby stevesut1 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:01 pm

Another nice one. I have no idea why farming is so popular on Facebook, though.
macckyboi

Postby macckyboi » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:14 pm

Yet again absolute genius...these sort of episodes are perfect for the writers...taking something topical that everybody can relate to and throw in loads of parodies.
I dont know anybody that doesnt have facebook, or that doesnt even knows what its about even if they wouldnt pick up every element of the show.
Personally i have never understood the whole farmville thing, but facebook dominating peoples lives so much so that around exam times i have friends who deactive their accounts because they dont have the self control not to check if 20 times a day....im guilty thats for sure.

Loved the stock and roulette scenes which fitted Cartman so perfectly, Randy trying to get Stan to add him (are we not friends) and the whole like and dislike comments thing.

Didnt really get the whole vitrual world Tron thing..

What made the episode for me was reading the different FB profiles, some of them its worth pausing and looking at the posts..hilarious.

Wondered if anyone else has spotted the little spoofs they dropped in. Just before Stan tries to close his facebook account you can see on the left in the random friends box that one of his friends is called 'Manny' and not sure if im right on this but i thought it was a reference to the character called Manny in Modern Family. Also the other jewish kid that Kyle meets on webcam roulette is 100% Johnny Galecki's character Leonard from The Big Bang Theory. He has the same floopy hair and everything. (Both great shows aswell!)

Cant wait for next week
aussieSPfan

Postby aussieSPfan » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:28 pm

haha great ep

haha everyone taking fb so seriously. thats why i only accept friends i come into contact with on a fairly regular basis, or to keep up contacts with mates living overseas/interstate. I dont accept people i used to know, loosely know or just because of the fact we went to my school together or co workers etc.

one exception to my rule is if there hot haha

i try not to get caught up in the whole fb thing too much, but do like the ease it allows to organise group actvities with friends, other then that i dont have much of a need for fb

but onto south park. last two eps have been much better imo. what i wouldve liked to see as an alternate ending would be something like kyle getting his just desserts (lame effort by kyle in this ep) for abondoning kip, and someone else lame (butters, kevin, heck even dog poo) friend kip before he gets his 800 000 friends and reap the "rewards" of being popular on fb, leaving kyle with nothing, and then they could finish with his ah ahhhh line

anyway cant wait for 200. i remember reading somewhere in an interview MnT are going to basically have a massive paradory with the best of celeb paradorys. i really hope this isnt the case. having random celebrities for the hell of it isnt funny (well in australia anyways). wats funny is having a hick town go crazy for no other reason then a c grade celebrity like kathy lee giford is coming to town - the reaction/context is funny, not the celebrity

anyway /rant
darrrdh

Postby darrrdh » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:43 pm

The internet got screwed when all of the world's idiots learned how to use it. Facebook is just one of the many sites that fuel this stupidity.

That's why Facebook sucks.

The problem is not Facebook. It's stupid people. :arrow:
ptyangel

Postby ptyangel » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:49 pm

I love this episode; it's shows how well moronic you can get if you let facebook practicly run your life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love the fact that the final match was a yatsee game, I kinda hoped that it was with swords or mechanic spiders.... but that's facebook

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”