*1405: 200* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

The_Zaxster

Re: *1405: 200* Post-Air Discussion

Postby The_Zaxster » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 am

As soon as Cartman started questioning Garrison and Mr Hat about his father I knew they were gonna cut it off short. They did that in the last episode about his fathers identity. I just hope next week they don't pull some joke like they did last time and act like they are gonna reveal it but not. They really cant do an April fools thing, however I wouldn't put it past them to be like "Oh belated April fools" or something like that.
mandy_Reeves

that fat red head lady on the couch

Postby mandy_Reeves » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:14 am

was that Ruby? or Kirstie Alley.
mrbr0wncow

Postby mrbr0wncow » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:31 am

i smell a terrence and phillip episode
TheColdOne

Postby TheColdOne » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:37 am

I was a bit dissapointed by the fully 3D Barbara Streisand, but oh well. All-in-all this epsidoe was alright, but I do miss the simpler days and often prefer to go to the DVDs of the older seasons.
DracheLehre

Postby DracheLehre » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:41 am

I like Mecha-Streisand's upgrade

But, what happened to Sally Struther's Huttenese dialogue?
southparkaddicted24

Postby southparkaddicted24 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:44 am

Hmm, people keep saying there's "clues" about Gerald being Cartman's dad in Mr. Garrison's house and the principal's office. But I can't seem to find them.

I bet they'll probably pull a "Cartoon Wars Part II" instead of a "Not Without My Anus". Meaning instead of being like, Oh look! It's part two! Or april fools again, they'll ACT like it's a T&P special and then skip right back to this INCREDIBLY AWESOME storyline.

All the suggestions for Cartman's dad...Mitch Connor? Mr. Hat? Darth Chef (for a hilarious spoof of the "Luke, I am your father" line, I suspect)? An alien (though I highly doubt that one)? Gerald Broflovski?

I was so weirded out by the whole Cartman's-mom-is-his-dad thing, I was always suspicious. Because, if Liane was in fact his dad, and got another woman pregnant, then that said woman would've been pregnant for 9 months. So, if Cartman's mom REALLY didn't remember sleeping with this person and who they were, she wouldn't even be aware of Cartman's existence at all, therefore, this woman would be raising Cartman now, instead of Liane.

So the two explanations for that are:

1. She was lying.

2. She knew who the mother was all along, since that was the only possible way she could have known that Cartman was even born. But, this has some major holes, such as the simple fact of, if she did know, she would've probably told him at the end of "Cartman's Mom is Still a Dirty Slut".

But, this is South Park, so I just shrugged it off and went "Whatever, that was like twelve years ago. It's not like they're ever going to bring that back."

xD I guess I got screwed over, huh?
grayscare0

Postby grayscare0 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:46 am

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. In many ways, as others have said, it is a return to earlier times. Quite a treat.
southparkaddicted24

Postby southparkaddicted24 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:47 am

(Oh, and BTW, I'm so believing it's Mitch Connor right now. Because of the way he says "And after you know the truth, you'll learn to trust me. And nobody else." < Hidden meaning, anyone?)
Stanlee

Postby Stanlee » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:51 am

Daze2000 wrote:I thought I knew the show pretty well, but I still can't figure out who some of the celebrities are.

http://s749.photobucket.com/albums/xx136/Kedazle/sp200/

Any ideas? I bet some are obvious and I'm just suffering a brain fart.

Right to left: Bob Sagat, Whale Wars guy, Tina Yothers, Eric Roberts, Gary Condit?, Brooke Shields
synyster626

Postby synyster626 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:53 am

Lol would have been hilarious if the Crab People allied with the Gingers.
Thought ManBearPig would make an appearance.

10/10 episode
My bet is that the aliens, Kenny or Michael Jackson will save them or something they cant leave them out.

Or they will just continue on as normal :?
I didn't see "to be continued"
nall
Site Admin

Re:

Postby nall » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:04 am

Just dropping in to say the episode is now uncensored.

DracheLehre wrote:I like Mecha-Streisand's upgrade

Then you'll love our new wallpaper!

P.S. You can edit your earlier posts.
HAcoreRD

Re: Re:

Postby HAcoreRD » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:17 am

nall wrote:Just dropping in to say the episode is now uncensored.

DracheLehre wrote:I like Mecha-Streisand's upgrade

Then you'll love our new wallpaper!

P.S. You can edit your earlier posts.

Uncensored FTW, thanks for the post, nall
Stanlee

Postby Stanlee » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:29 am

[/quote]Mecha-Streisand has gotten a makeover for the episode, but in the preview clip she has her old look. So obviously they decided not to use that.

And we don't know what will happen... if it isn't continued next week, the point would be to say their ultimate "f*ck you" to the audience. They've been known to do that. I point to Mysterion and, of course, Not Without My Anus as proof.

Personally, I'm already over the cliffhanger and I think it would be hilarious if they didn't continue it. Just imagine all the pissed-off viewers!...[/quote]

Of course they are going to continue this episode. Any speculation to the contrary is ridiculous. Mysterion doesn't count as a valid example. That wasn't a cliffhanger. It was a single episode in which they chose not to reveal Mysterion's secret identity at the end. Worst case scenario we get a Terrance and Phillip episode for 201 and the concluding episode will be 202. Either way it will all be resolved eventually and maybe we will even get a T&P episode in there somewhere which would be killer.

All in all I would say this was a terrific episode, an instant classic. I can't wait for part two. This was easily the best episode of the new season so far. After medicinal fried chicken I was worried the guys were starting to go a little overboard stretching for ideas and trying to "out south park" themselves. That episode was a little too contrived and overly ridiculous than their usual style, but this episode was classic M&T all the way. Ripping on every douchebag celebrity they could think of, bringing in Mohammed and the rest of the super best friends, Mecha Striesand, Mr. Hat, Sally Struthers, talk about an all star cast!
VACOOLA

Postby VACOOLA » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:38 am

Came 200 buckets over Barbie's new look (the wallpaper is ruley too)! Just wanna see some more of that nosy mecha-bitch acting, as well as the oldies but goldies, including "Hey Lo".
And strangely, I don't give a hoot about who Cartman's father really is. It's probably himself, like, he had sent himself from the future to perform incest, and conceive himself, or some sh*t like that :P At least that would explain why he's so f*cked up and talking to "Mitch Connor". But I don't think they should ever reveal that anyway.
Craig..l..rulz

Postby Craig..l..rulz » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:40 am

So Who is going to watch the Terrence and Philip episode coming next Wednesday?
Did you just flip me off?
No
Yes you did you just flipped me the bird

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”