*1405: 200* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

nashvin82

Re: *1405: 200* Post-Air Discussion

Postby nashvin82 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:39 am

Big-Will wrote:
nashvin82 wrote:Martha Stewart

Does she look like this?
If not, post a pic of what she does look like.

Sitting between Francis For Coppola and Kanye West around 2:10-2:30 of this episode. (Who else would that be?) She's wearing exactly the same outfit and has the same hairdo as in the Eat, Pray and Queef episode s13e04 around 09:25 of the episode.

It was a lot of work naming every single celebrity in the episode, posting a picture of every single one of them is not something I'm gonna do.
jbruno585

Is it just me?

Postby jbruno585 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:41 am

Well, I have to say that the 200th was rather epic, and yet another stroke of genius by the SP team. I am annoyed that we are going to have to deal with another Terrance and Phillip episode before the story develops any further, but at least the Queef Sisters will be accompanying them this go'round!

I see the posts of fans who are convinced that Cartman's dad is Garrison, which I suppose is the obvious way to go, but I have more faith in the show's creators than that. Yes the comedic opportunities arising from a father-son relationship between Eric and Herbert would be gold, so I can't say I'd be too disappointed if this is what came to pass.

That being said, I move on to my own prediction of the greatest possible outcome based on this latest turn of events.

First let's think about who was tested, now that we know for a fact that it was one of them:

1. Herbert Garrison
2. Ned Gerblansky
3. Jimbo Kern
4. Jerome McElroy (Chef)
5. Gerald Brovlofski
6. Chief Running Water
7.The 1991 Denver Broncos
8. Dr. Alphonse Mephesto & 9. "Kevin"

Only one name on this list would have an absolutely devastating but hilarious effect on Eric and others, and he stood out to me the second the identity of Eric's father once again came into question.

Eric Cartman is the son of Gerald Brovlofski, and in effect the half-brother of the object of his ridicule, and a half-jew! How could any of the other possibilities be that outrageously hilarious?!?! If they don't make it so, I will be somewhat disappointed :D
El Fabricante

south park, ARGH COFFEE

Postby El Fabricante » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:50 am

mecha striasand is back, and more of a bitch then ever
El Fabricante

nothing , COFFE URG

Postby El Fabricante » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:58 am

the only person whos famous on here that they dont show sueing south park its that one dude from the cure who witch kills Barbra Streisand
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:08 am

Or Korn. Or Leonard Maltin, or Sidney Portier.

And you should use your "Edit" button from time to time.
eltonpiko

Postby eltonpiko » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:48 am

man gota say this is awesome please tell me 200 has a second part.and the animation for barbra strison that amazing.have to know whos cartman's dad.
juliandeandre

Postby juliandeandre » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:57 am

ok mmm dont realy like the budha on coke thing :( but the episode was pretty funny i gues :) i like the paris hilton thing that they did :parishilton: :D suckish ending thou
Stanluv25

Re: Is it just me?

Postby Stanluv25 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:00 am

jbruno585 wrote:Well, I have to say that the 200th was rather epic, and yet another stroke of genius by the SP team. I am annoyed that we are going to have to deal with another Terrance and Phillip episode before the story develops any further, but at least the Queef Sisters will be accompanying them this go'round!

I see the posts of fans who are convinced that Cartman's dad is Garrison, which I suppose is the obvious way to go, but I have more faith in the show's creators than that. Yes the comedic opportunities arising from a father-son relationship between Eric and Herbert would be gold, so I can't say I'd be too disappointed if this is what came to pass.

That being said, I move on to my own prediction of the greatest possible outcome based on this latest turn of events.

First let's think about who was tested, now that we know for a fact that it was one of them:

1. Herbert Garrison
2. Ned Gerblansky
3. Jimbo Kern
4. Jerome McElroy (Chef)
5. Gerald Brovlofski
6. Chief Running Water
7.The 1991 Denver Broncos
8. Dr. Alphonse Mephesto & 9. "Kevin"

Only one name on this list would have an absolutely devastating but hilarious effect on Eric and others, and he stood out to me the second the identity of Eric's father once again came into question.

Eric Cartman is the son of Gerald Brovlofski, and in effect the half-brother of the object of his ridicule, and a half-jew! How could any of the other possibilities be that outrageously hilarious?!?! If they don't make it so, I will be somewhat disappointed :D

That's the thing, Gerald being his father sounds too 'obvious' and cliche. I will be very angry if it is him. :? For now, I say Garrison. That would be pretty funny considering he's gay and well, Cartman gives him a lot of trouble already as it is. :D
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
digthatfunk

Postby digthatfunk » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:08 am

Well, hey, I'd just like to point out for all the doubters(in case no one else has yet), I've officially seen a commercial on Comedy Central as of 4:06am EST 4/17 that said "See the next chapter!", so, just because it doesn't say "To be continued" explicitly, does not mean it won't be continued. So, at least a T&P episode but that joke seems too played. 3 parts, perhaps?
dualactionblend

Postby dualactionblend » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:18 am

Ultimate fan episode. A reward to all who've watched these past 14 seasons. Hope they sign on for more seasons after 15.
Popuri

Postby Popuri » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:53 am

dualactionblend wrote:Ultimate fan episode. A reward to all who've watched these past 14 seasons. Hope they sign on for more seasons after 15.

Definitely. I really loved this about '200' - it was just one big nod to the dedicated fans.

I saw the episode with a couple of people who've never really watched the show before (I tried to get rid of them, but couldn't) and they didn't understand it or find it that funny. But I just kept shouting out "Oh my God, THE SUPER BEST FRIENDS!", "BA-BU-RA!", "MITCH CONNOR!", etc. They had no idea why I was so excited, but clearly Matt and Trey knew what would make the real fans smile - just by referencing all these old episodes.

Even the whole Muhammad thing. I thought it was hilarious just for Matt and Trey to bring back this idea, and make it the focus of the 200th episode. It's not that they have an issue with any aspect of Islam - they have an issue with Comedy Central! They're using the Muhammad conflict to say that even after 14 amazing seasons, several awards and a hit movie, there are still some things Comedy Central frowns upon - and evidently the creators find it very hypocritical and frustrating.

'200' didn't need loads of new jokes to be funny, because just having all these old ideas/characters show up again was hilarious. At least, I thought so. I appreciate that some people might have been looking for something new in this landmark episode, but I thought that referencing past episodes was really funny - and the perfect way to go with the 200th episode.

It made me feel really proud to be a South Park fan, because clearly Matt and Trey care about us! I felt loved!

(Also, I've just realised 'Fat Butt and Pancake Head' is one of the episodes on the website right now. They knew we'd all want to re-watch it after yesterday.)
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:22 am

nashvin82 wrote:
Big-Will wrote:
nashvin82 wrote:Martha Stewart

Does she look like this?
If not, post a pic of what she does look like.

Sitting between Francis For Coppola and Kanye West around 2:10-2:30 of this episode. (Who else would that be?) She's wearing exactly the same outfit and has the same hairdo as in the Eat, Pray and Queef episode s13e04 around 09:25 of the episode.

It was a lot of work naming every single celebrity in the episode, posting a picture of every single one of them is not something I'm gonna do.

I only asked for that one. :/ Anyway, yeah, it was her. MnT have upgraded the looks of some of the celebrities over the years.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
mbedd

Postby mbedd » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:25 am

fantastic episode, happy birthday everyone.
Scotland

Postby Scotland » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:34 am

Wild guess.

Chef is Cartmans dad who will return as Chef Vadar.
Yeah! So I did! I wanna just smiling!
Throbert McGee

Re: Is it just me?

Postby Throbert McGee » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:14 am

Stanluv25 wrote:For now, I say Garrison. That would be pretty funny considering he's gay

Not only is Garrison gay, but there've been abundant hints that Mrs. Cartman is destined to be one of those over-supportive, parade-marching "PFLAG Moms" by the time Eric hits college age, if not sooner.

I {HEART} MY SPECIAL ANGEL POOPYKINS GAY SON!
I don't mind if people call me a pervert...
...but I'd sooner die than be mistaken for a Democrat!

(-- conservative author Florence King, explaining why she doesn't identify as a "lesbian" even though she enjoys sex with other women)

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”