Mechastriesand in ep 200 = lame wtf?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

coolguyeh@yahoo.com

Mechastriesand in ep 200 = lame wtf?

Postby coolguyeh@yahoo.com » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:49 am

Who decided to change it from the original hilarious look to some dumb tryhard anime garbage?

This show keeps trying to cater to much to middle school kids. Scrootie Mcboogerballs? u kidding me?

This show is losing its edge. Writers getting lazy. Resorting to bad jokes, Toilet humor. Failness

Fix it. Kthxbai
baconpops

Re: Mechastriesand in ep 200 = lame wtf?

Postby baconpops » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:32 am

f*ck you dude, Shows evolve, thats what happens, no writers want to just keep repeating themselves..
coolguyeh@yahoo.com

Postby coolguyeh@yahoo.com » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:42 am

baconpops

Postby baconpops » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:44 am

YOU ARE CAPTAIN QUEEF
kieranic

Postby kieranic » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:18 am

It's showing how far the show has come since 1997. I agree with the other people:

Seriously, it's f*cking awesome.
spfan4ever77

Postby spfan4ever77 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:22 am

Although I agree that South Park could be better, you misunderstand the episodes.

I thought they would make mechastriesand more tranformers like. She is a decepticon from another planet bent on conquering the universe through her social poison as figuratively illustrated through the mecha whatever.

They probably did get a bit lazy. If they started writing this a few months earlier, they could have made this into an epic.... Explain how Striesand reinvented herself. Maybe parody Clash of the Titans: South Park has angered the gods of society (actors). So many things to do. Cruise and his posse should have been rejected by some of the celebrities. Think of one of them saying that he is full of crap. Hahaha, right? It goes along with fudge packer? Whatever. I'm rambling =/

Bottom line, you are all a little wrong and a little right in my humble opinion. Remember, the South Park experience is intense, and if you get dizzy, close your eyes and sit back. The feeling will pass. =P
coolguyeh@yahoo.com

Postby coolguyeh@yahoo.com » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:46 am

anyone who thinks new mechastreisand was an improvement is an idiot and not a real SP fan.

Period.

Kill yourselves.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:11 am

coolguyeh@yahoo.com wrote:Who decided to change it from the original hilarious look to some dumb tryhard anime garbage?

The celebrities did. Weren't you paying attention?

"Mrs. Streisand was blown apart in the town of South Park." What fool would reconstruct her the same way she was before? She'd just be blown apart again, just like she was before. The celebrities had to make her Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger than she was before.

:mrgreen:
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
coolguyeh@yahoo.com

Postby coolguyeh@yahoo.com » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:32 am

Big-Will wrote:
coolguyeh@yahoo.com wrote:Who decided to change it from the original hilarious look to some dumb tryhard anime garbage?

The celebrities did. Weren't you paying attention?

"Mrs. Streisand was blown apart in the town of South Park." What fool would reconstruct her the same way she was before? She'd just be blown apart again, just like she was before. The celebrities had to make her Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger than she was before.

:mrgreen:

the original was classic looking. the animation was funny in and of itself.

The new mechaStriesand looked like it belonged in some crappy anime show on nickelodeon.

Dont change a good thing. Dont fix what isnt broken.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:37 am

But it was broken in the very same episode. You should say what you mean - they shouldn't have brought her back.

And they they shouldn't have done a lot of things they've done over the years.

And that you don't like the changes you've seen.

So, stop watching the show. There's no going back to the past, no fixing what you perceive to be broken.

coolguyeh@yahoo.com

Postby coolguyeh@yahoo.com » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:41 am

Big-Will wrote:But it was broken in the very same episode. You should say what you mean - they shouldn't have brought her back.

this is a cartoon, not real life. It doesnt need to make sense. Plot lines dont mean much. Kenny died like 100 times and magically came back for the next episode without explanation and looked the same. Why not mechastreisand. Why did they have to ruin her by updating her into some tryhard anime crap?

I'll tell you why. They figured their 13 year old fanboys would think she looked totally kewl and hardcowr meng. SP writers keep catering to kids who dont even understand the satire and sarcasm.
O-Liv

Postby O-Liv » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:46 am

I agree with the original post. The new mecha-streisand looked too different from the original one in the first season. It's understandable that computer imaging has changed since 1997, but come on!! They look nothing alike.
And yes, I also agree that South Park is starting to lose it's edge, but the plots to the episodes have changed. In the beginning seasons, the possibilities were endless [on what to write about], yet the plotline was simple and not based on a current event not specific to the here and now. But then again, the more episodes that are created, the more complicated future episodes will be. For example, some episodes introduce you to a new character and then something happens; conflict resolved. But when that character is reintroduced in a later episode, it requires more depth and personality to that character, in order for that character to be relevant to the new plotline that was unrelated to the charcter's original context. Basically, the characters build off each other.
I used to be a big Family Guy fan, but then the seasons just got consistently lame, the stories were irrelevant and overexaggerated.. I just don't want that to happen to South Park! :|
Big O
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:56 am

coolguyeh@yahoo.com wrote:this is a cartoon, not real life. It doesnt need to make sense. Plot lines dont mean much. Kenny died like 100 times and magically came back for the next episode without explanation and looked the same. Why not mechastreisand. Why did they have to ruin her by updating her into some tryhard anime crap?

Kenny's an integral part of the show, one of the four boys. Him dying every episode was integral at one point, but they decided to stop that, since Kenny's just a prop.

Barbra Streisand's character was a guest just once before, 12 years ago. Someone seeing the show for the first time now probably won't care what Streisand looked like 12 years ago.

O-Liv

Postby O-Liv » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:02 am

I see what ur saying. I was just speculating why sp might be losing its edge.
Big O
coolguyeh@yahoo.com

Postby coolguyeh@yahoo.com » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:33 am

Big-Will wrote: Someone seeing the show for the first time now probably won't care what Streisand looked like 12 years ago.

if someones seeing the show for the first time there opinion on what south park is doesnt matter as they are not real south park fans.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”