Mechastriesand in ep 200 = lame wtf?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

ShaneHaughey

Re: Mechastriesand in ep 200 = lame wtf?

Postby ShaneHaughey » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:59 am

I loved the old design, but remember that mechastreisand is a parody of mechagodzilla. Mechagodzilla was destroyed and rebuilt time and time again; this design very closely mirrors the second rebuild.

I preferred the old design as well, but they did stick the gagline.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
coolguyeh@yahoo.com

Postby coolguyeh@yahoo.com » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:09 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:I loved the old design, but remember that mechastreisand is a parody of mechagodzilla. Mechagodzilla was destroyed and rebuilt time and time again; this design very closely mirrors the second rebuild.

hmm good explanation. i cant accept this. My anger is much diminished.

Still the old animation for mechastreisand was much better. Cant stand what she looks like. I hate anime so much.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:11 am

I loved the old design. However, take solace in the fact that there is nothing anime about it, still good ol' Japanese monster movies. :lol:
That's how it's down here on the farm!
kieranic

Postby kieranic » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:23 am

coolguyeh@yahoo.com wrote:Cant stand what she looks like. I hate anime so much.

I hate anime too but I still like both her looks as Mecha-Streisand - Shes ugly in real life ;)
Throbert McGee

Postby Throbert McGee » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:29 am

Big-Will wrote:The celebrities had to make her Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger than she was before.

"Gentlemen, we can rebuild her. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first Bionic Mechastreisand..."

P.S. I hate anime too, but I think it's cool to see SP do an occasional shout-out to different animation styles -- like they did with Heavy Metal. That just wouldna been the same if they'd animated the Planet of Boobies in the "construction paper" style.
I don't mind if people call me a pervert...
...but I'd sooner die than be mistaken for a Democrat!

(-- conservative author Florence King, explaining why she doesn't identify as a "lesbian" even though she enjoys sex with other women)
spfan4ever77

Postby spfan4ever77 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:49 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:I loved the old design, but remember that mechastreisand is a parody of mechagodzilla. Mechagodzilla was destroyed and rebuilt time and time again; this design very closely mirrors the second rebuild.

Thanks for the clarification.
Your Moms Fav Person

Postby Your Moms Fav Person » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:20 pm

coolguyeh@yahoo.com wrote:
Big-Will wrote: Someone seeing the show for the first time now probably won't care what Streisand looked like 12 years ago.

if someones seeing the show for the first time there opinion on what south park is doesnt matter as they are not real south park fans.

I liked the older one better too, but you don't have to get so heated about it

chill out dude, if you want to make a better first impression you've got to stop getting so extremely pissed about everything
I was evilcupcake72 or evilcuntcake72, depends on if you liked me or not

Can you tell me what's similar between a raven and a writing desk?
Niels wrote:Something

deviantART: http://evilcupcake72.deviantart.com/
formspring: http://www.formspring.me/AtomicPlatypus
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:58 pm

I should check out these movies. And add this bit of knowledge to the secrets of the episode. :)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Longtimefan

Postby Longtimefan » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:25 pm

I think it's similar to the joke they made in the "Free Hat" episode where they said their new DVD had dewback lizards with boys at the bus stop and they were updating all the old effects with stuff that was "keeeewl". They're not pumped about how kewl she looks.. they made her look as goofily over-done as possible. Besides, the old Mecha Streisand standing next to any of the new character models would look more retarded than the new one.

As far as your other comment about pandering to 13 year olds.. Don't see it. You used the worst episode possible to defend your position in Scrotie Mcboogerballs; I mean how many 13 year olds have read Catcher in the Rye or even know what it is? 13 year olds don't care about banned books, adults do. I loved the fact that it's so horrible and vile that no one can read the first paragraph without projectile vomitting, yet everyone in the world is reading it because "it's intelligent".

You have to remember also that this show is driven BY eight year olds, so at times they will handle things immaturely because they are immature. It's pretty funny too since this is the opposite argument I read about the show changing. They said that it was getting too political and "up it's ass" with messages.. it's all relative.

Agree with the others too on calming down.. if you disagree with something ask a question rationally and you'll get a more favorable and honest reponse. If you go and insult the fanbase and the creators just because you didn't like something you'll simply look like a loud mouth idiot. There's never been a show on TV where every single thing has worked and every episode was magic and there never will be. When you realize some things you'll like and some things you won't, I think you'll be a lot happier. :timmy:
jhova

Postby jhova » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:44 am

If the show was evolving, why the f*ck would it have all the same characters with the worst story line ever for these last two episodes... So far worst season ever!

Return to “General South Park Discussion”