South Park getting sued?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Teddyheck

South Park getting sued?

Postby Teddyheck » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:41 am

So i was watching CNN a few minutes ago and there was threats towards Matt and Trey from the Islamic people about their episode the other week. I believe that it is ridiculous and they need to get over it, They weren't going to show Muhammad anyway. I hope that nothing happens to Matt or Trey, they are my heros...
SP fans be aware of this, this is no joke.
I hope south park will still be on tomorrow night.
Im not sure if i can put a link to a video becuase it was on TV a few mins ago.
-TeddyHx
Niels0827

Re: South Park getting sued?

Postby Niels0827 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:54 am

This is all the radical Islamics do - they threaten people. 99% of them don't carry out their threats. They're just insecure and want people to pay attention to them.

First Amendment rights in the United States means the show can't be sued for showing the Prophet Muhammed. In some places, like Iran and Afghanistan, where human rights don't exist, they'd have no protection.

I wouldn't worry about it.
kieranic

Postby kieranic » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:49 am

Niels0827 wrote:This is all the radical Islamics do - they threaten people. 99% of them don't carry out their threats. They're just insecure and want people to pay attention to them.

First Amendment rights in the United States means the show can't be sued for showing the Prophet Muhammed. In some places, like Iran and Afghanistan, where human rights don't exist, they'd have no protection.

I wouldn't worry about it.

That, and the fact that if they threaten with violence the FBI will get involved.
pricey

Postby pricey » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:14 am

i just watched it on youtube and nowi hope they choose to have protection because it's messed up
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:28 am

In the United States, anyone can sue anyone for any reason at all. But if the suit has no merit is is called a FRIVOLOUS LAWSUIT. The Courts don't like Frivolous Lawsuits. The lawyers know ahead of time that the lawsuit has no basis in fact (frivolous) and fines the lawyer for bringing such a law suit.

So, if a client wants to sue someone, he goes to a lawyer. The lawyer sees that is't a frivolous lawsuit, and refuses to file the lawsuit to protect his/her own license to practice law.

So anyone can bring any lawsuit they want, but if it's a frivolous lawsuit, the lawyer won't take the case. So don't worry about these extremists from filing lawsuits against South Park. They are frivolous lawsuits, and no lawyer will take the case. No worries here :)
A.M.M.D.

Postby A.M.M.D. » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:25 pm

Tom Cruise wrote:I sue you!
TweekPins

Postby TweekPins » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:10 pm

Matt'n Trey are gonna be fine. Didn't they show Muhammed in that episode "Super best friends"? Why aren't they suing them for that? x]
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:07 pm

Probably because that episode came out before 9/11/01. Otherwise, I dunno.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version

Return to “General South Park Discussion”