Episode 201, Fail

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

GreenSpork

Episode 201, Fail

Postby GreenSpork » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:33 am

That was epic fail. Episode 200 built up for so much.
Then.....you took a sh*t on my Tv screen.
ClassyTie

Re: Episode 201, Fail

Postby ClassyTie » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:23 am

Dude, you suck. That episode kicked my ass until my pelvis exploded so, I don't know what you're talking about.
mst3k

Postby mst3k » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:20 am

The episode rocked. The censorship by comedy central sucked.

So my question is this. Is the uncensored episode going to be available here, or not?
RanK3r

Postby RanK3r » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:06 am

THE WHOLE STORY SUCKS, Cartman killed his dad?, wtf?. starting jokes about muslims while its known u shouldnt mess with islam?, You are going down South Park, Starting stupid ideas and f*cked up story ending.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:37 am

There were jokes about Muslims in there?
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
nylen

Postby nylen » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:54 am

What i saw was... a black rectangle with censored on it....and this was not censored by CC i believe. Mohammed wasn t shown, but indirectly. the muslim law says no picture of mohammed. its not forbidden to use his name, or even making fun of him. Thats fundamentalist nonsense.

Also mohammed in this episode was just what....a super best friend aka religious leader...and he was nice and helpfull

is that making fun of him?

i have many muslim friends, living in a german town were muslim inhabitants are about 40 %.
THey laugh about this whole bullsh*t as i do.

Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the mind killer.
beersaround

Postby beersaround » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:12 am

Comedy central = fail. Matt and Trey are obviously willing to put themselves at personal risk in the name of freedom of speech. LET THEM. I am an American and I am not afraid.

Free Speach...
and Hat
Last edited by beersaround on Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Sleep

Postby Dr. Sleep » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:44 am

I agree . . Comedy Central censorship = FAIL, but Matt and Trey = KickASS!

Seriously, when did Comedy Central start giving a rat's ass about what a MINORITY radical muslim group out of New York thinks? Like 10 members?

Pleeezzz . . . . either it's all a publicity scam, or the censors at Comedy Central have lost their f*cking minds!
Shaw69

Postby Shaw69 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:27 am

I have to side with the original poster of the thread. While most of the blame is on Comedy Central, the episode wasn't worth all the uproar it caused. Also, other than the same tired quote from Matt and Trey about how they will see what happens with the next episode, I haven't seem anything said by them that even really shows they care it was censored. If it was my show, and after 14 seasons someone pulled that crap and basically removed the episode from the lineup, I'd be immensely po'd.
I haven't even gotten to see the episode in question yet due to being at work. Got home, went to my favorite site to watch the show and that's when I see all the "drama". I mean seriously, you guys bagged on everything, and now you are gonna let THEM dictate what you can write about? I could understand if you were living over there but wake up, what the hell are they gonna be able to do about it?
If you let terrorists tell you what to do, they have already won.
dan-vinci

Postby dan-vinci » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:01 am

The episode mostly rocked, mostly.
But if CC really censored Matt and Trey's work, I'm really afraid that they won't prolongue their contract - which would really suck ass!!! I don't want season 15 to be the last season of South Park just because the guys at Comedy Central have absolutely NO BALLS!
This is about freedom of speech and stuff! Vive la resistance!!!
stevesut1

Postby stevesut1 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:05 pm

It really, really disappoints me that whoever's in charge at Comedy Central is so paranoid that they freak out like this just because one small, insignificant group posts a graphic "warning" on its website. Do they really think that most Muslims in this country are going to take it seriously and launch some kind of jihad against them? The majority of Muslims probably wouldn't have even known about it, if Comedy Central hadn't helped turn it into a media circus by reacting the way they did.
adam_slayer

Postby adam_slayer » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:31 pm

There was an interview on boing boing where they said they were prepared to put the show at risk to keep their integrity - at least they put it out there; its a shame though that the powers that be censored it. All because of some nob ends with sand in their vaginas.
LittleWing

Postby LittleWing » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:47 pm

First of all, I have to mention that I spent a year in Iraq and that whole race is a bunch of retards. The Koran is just an American bashing piece of crap anyway. I want to see the episode and I think that ALL episodes should remain uncensored. I have checked out the Comedy Central site because I wanted to complain directly to them, but I can't find a contact link. Comedy Central sucks. They are terrorist supporters.
dan-vinci

Postby dan-vinci » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:03 pm

The Koran is certainly NOT an American bashing book, since nobody knew of an American lifestyle when the book was written and as with any religious book, there is a lot to read between the lines. If stupid people read the bible, they'll end up slaying each other as well because they just don't get the real message. (Not that I#d wanna imply that Muslims are stupid! There are stupid people anywhere, no matter which religion, skin color, or nationality they have- heck, at least a quarter of Americans is stupid!)
Anyhow, the episode was a reminder, that all religions could be super best friends, since people didn't seem to notice the first time...and didn't get it now either, which is a damn shame.
I also tried to contact CC directly, but they really seem to be a bunch of cry baby pussies, because there IS no way in contacting them- no contact link, mail address or form. Dude, weak!
This whole thing makes me a sad panda!!!
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:10 pm

dan-vinci wrote :
> The Koran is certainly NOT an American bashing book, since nobody knew > of an American lifestyle when the book was written.

The book, of course, was written long before there was an America. You are right, dan-vinci, the Koran was NOT written with America in mind.

LittleWing wrote :
> First of all, I have to mention that I spent a year in Iraq and that whole
> race is a bunch of retards. The Koran is just an American bashing piece of
> crap anyway. I want to see the episode and I think that ALL episodes
> should remain uncensored.

We all commend you for your work for the year you were in Iraq. Thank you!

LittleWingwrote:
> I have checked out the Comedy Central site
> because I wanted to complain directly to them, but I can't find a contact
> link. Comedy Central sucks. They are terrorist supporters.

Here is the CC link you are looking for:

http://www.comedycentral.com/help/questionsCC.jhtml

Return to “General South Park Discussion”