*1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Kruegster

Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Kruegster » Fri May 07, 2010 6:03 am

I have been SP since season 1, and this is the worst episode I have ever seen.

What was funny about the episode? Later, I watched the episode again to try to figure out what could be funny. In the whole episode the only moment where I laughed (both times watching it) was when Eric Cartman recited anti-Jew talk from the huge stack of papers. Two other ok moments, where I could see someone laughing: Towlie and a woman with Washcloth, and the therapist guy crying with Towlie and Washcloth.

What else was funny?

A stupid villian making plans that backfire can be funny, but in the SP episode, the plots are pretty obious and very predicatable-you just know that the Red Captain will get blown up by his own C4. The only twist, that someone might not be expecting, was the raping shark... but I thought that was more weird than funny.

A towel smoking marijuana can be funny, but in this episode, I don't think most of Towlie's moments are even remotely funny. All he does is smoke something over an over again. Mkay... Does much happen with the addicted Towel? Not a whole lot-most of what he does is smoke and smoke and smoke and suck a guys dick and throw up on a girl and smoke... Towlie may be good for a luagh once and a while, but just showing him smoking over and over again isn't all that exciting.

It is one thing to see an episode with great jokes and really funny parts along with some creepy moments, but in this episode there are creepy moments of a towel sucking a dick and a shark raping a retard without the funny moments. I almost wonder if matt and trey forgot to put funny moments in the epsiode :?
chefsdelight121212

Postby chefsdelight121212 » Fri May 07, 2010 6:28 pm

>
> What mental institution are you residing in?

southpark.
beersaround

Postby beersaround » Fri May 07, 2010 7:09 pm

At least after this episode: sometime in the future when you're sitting around with your friends debating when south park "jumped the shark" you will have the perfect answer. it was the one where the shark jumped Nathan.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri May 07, 2010 7:13 pm

In South Park, you don't jump the shark, the shark jumps YOU!
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
capt_falcone

Postby capt_falcone » Fri May 07, 2010 9:36 pm

beersaround wrote :
> At least after this episode: sometime in the future when you're sitting
> around with your friends debating when south park "jumped the
> shark" you will have the perfect answer. it was the one where the
> shark jumped Nathan.

South Park jumped the shark in season 5...
http://myanimelist.net/profile/capt_falcone

That's right, a mothafuckin bunny!

I say the whole world must learn of our peaceful ways. By force!
LoveKyleAndStyle

Postby LoveKyleAndStyle » Fri May 07, 2010 10:30 pm

This wasn't a bad episode, but was definetly not my favourite. It didn't quite seem like a regular southpark episode (I don't even know what a regular one is) but yeah.. I found the funniest part was when Cartman read his speech. What I found really funny about that was how he was completely serious about Kyle and the jews. lol. Of course he would do something like that. Other then that i didn't find much funny parts. It was a decent episode.
ManBearPigs #1 Fan <3

Kyle, Craig and Kenny Kick a$$!! :D
LoveKyleAndStyle

Postby LoveKyleAndStyle » Fri May 07, 2010 10:55 pm

Can someone help me? You know how people have little quotes things at the end of their reply? well i wanna have one (im new and kinda stupid to this lol) and i dont know if theres a certain thing u click on to create one or if u just type it at the end. yeah so can someone tell me. Dont judge me for being dumb 8)
ManBearPigs #1 Fan <3

LoveKyleAndStyle

Postby LoveKyleAndStyle » Fri May 07, 2010 11:05 pm

Nvm I found out how to add a signature :)
ManBearPigs #1 Fan <3

Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Sat May 08, 2010 12:49 am

Big-Will wrote :
> In South Park, you don't jump the shark, the shark jumps YOU!

I thought that was in Soviet Russia. But anyway, people claiming that SP jumped the shark over this episode is ridiculous.
Last edited by Pip Tweek on Sat May 08, 2010 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daaavey

Postby daaavey » Sat May 08, 2010 1:02 am

It seems to me that the point of this episode was to create the most offensive episode possible (making fun of crippled people) just to illustrate that society has its priorities out of whack. While the previous 2 episodes were censored for ridiculous reasons, this episode, which contained actual highly offensive material, was allowed to air, uncensored, in its entirety.
chefsdelight121212

Postby chefsdelight121212 » Sat May 08, 2010 7:38 pm

I had a nightmare last night, dreamt of a new southparkepisode about 'Flash Gordon'. the crew had the secret to humor. They had to defend it and keep it safe. Of course kenny was tossed into the pit of doom and got himself impaled. The crew were shouting for Flash to help them out and save the world but 'Flash Cartman' was too busy selling the secret to the overlord who immediately neutralised it.
chefsdelight121212 wrote :
> It is clear that the southpark crew has been made to dissapear by the secret service
> who wrote this lame and in no way funny episode 1407. The illuminati try again to get
> us all on drugs by teaching kids what and how to use. They even let hitlers
> grandchild, a black arabic, write his lame 2 minutes of fame speech against yews.
> This episode clearly shows the new writers have not only got no balls, they lack way
> more trying to impress girls with a sharks measurements that only AVERAGE men.
> Nebenator wrote :
> > beersaround wrote :
> > > I think this episode is a response to being censored... they are using old
> > > 1950's warner brothers characters and jokes. showing how terrible cartoons
> > > used to be. if they cant be progressive they might as well recycle the same
> > > old crap. let go of the choke chain comedy central. let artists express
> > > themselves. and dont force us to watch a terrible piece of sh*t episode
> > > like this again.
> > Nice catch
maartenbmx

Postby maartenbmx » Sun May 09, 2010 1:11 pm

ajjr1228 wrote :
I am tired of South Park making fun of the Jews

I'm part jewish myself and I really don't see why South Park couldn't make fun of them. They rip on EVERYBODY. Don't let it get to you man, or you'll end up like that ginger kid on YouTube. ^^
ProtectmyBAWLZ

Postby ProtectmyBAWLZ » Sun May 09, 2010 5:31 pm

I enjoyed watching this episode and seeing Towlie again. Yeah it's not one of my favorites, but it was funny.
N!N

Postby N!N » Mon May 10, 2010 2:36 am

Big-Will wrote :
> In South Park, you don't jump the shark, the shark jumps YOU!

LOL!!!!

I smell a bank episode..... M & T really that butthurt about somthing they knew was gonna happen..... ... na too easy an excuse..... im thinking ya all made it to the end of da season and the last spot was given ta bank for everyones little break.

@ least im hopen thats it.

Chin up fellas your work is loved by many, many, people. proud!

I actually really liked this episode

you gave me fun and was pretty light on the parody in aspect to my likeings

8/10
Zellawolf

Postby Zellawolf » Tue May 11, 2010 2:02 pm

chefsdelight121212 wrote :
> >
> > What mental institution are you residing in?
>
> southpark.

^^ I lol'ed.
This episode was terrible... God only hopes it was Matt and Trey sticking two fingers up at Comedy Central.
I don't like forums.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”