*1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

NinjaSkittles

Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion

Postby NinjaSkittles » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:41 am

metboi07 wrote: "I'm gonna drive, and I'm gonna go fast, and I'm gonna turn to the left sometimes!"

I was laughing so much when cartman was doing that. Omg this was just hilarious!

"yupp we like the track yeah. It's like an oval. So we gonna be driven straight then turnin to the left."

Lol!!!

Postby 203177 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:50 am

kenny was on top of the race car damn i thought he was gonna die. i wanted him to die. the vagisil thing kinda offended me though. too bad cartman did not win. but butters suttering was just retarded. :lol:
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:51 am

IKyman wrote:Oh yeah, Kenny made me laugh with the rifer gun scene :lol: he's like Kyle in this episode.

oh yeah! The rifle scene! lol He couldn't bring one in yet they had some at the gift shop! :lol:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Grievous George

Postby Grievous George » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:50 am

Great episode but I miss Mohammed! All that is left to do is to reupload 200 and 201 and Super Best Friends. Comedy Central need to stop being the prison bitches of the Islamic fundamentalists....as Cartman said, that's f*cking gay as hell.

Postby 203177 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:15 am

agreed.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
yoshivalley

Postby yoshivalley » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:20 am

Brendle wrote:This episode was atrocious. Cartman has become a joke of a character. Driving around and MURDERING people on the track? The same little eight-year-old boy who shocked us all when he revealed he fed Scott Tenorman his parents? It's not even shocking anymore. Just Cartman being "evil" for the sake of it--a shell of his former self.

... I think Trey and Matt forgot what made Cartman funny in the first place. He's not funny because he's evil. Him killing people and being a murderer isn't funny by itself.

The sad thing is the boys aren't even boys anymore. They don't speak or act like them. They're just animated versions of Trey and Matt, two middle-aged men who are so out-of-touch it isn't funny.

The truth is that "wouldn't it be funny if Cartman tried to act stupid, but actually WAS stupid in doing so?" is not a joke that can sustain an entire episode, and it really shows here.

+1

Especially:
a shell of his former self.

This is what I thought, but couldn't find the words. Even with Butters, it seemed like they were going by a checklist of "What makes Butters' Butters". It seemed so forced and uninspired, like they've forgotten the hearts inside these characters. I came away from this episode wondering if they've lost that spark... lost what inspired them to create this show in the first place. I'll try watching it again though..

I must say... Finding that Cartman has developed three vaginas in his stomach, and they're all sparkling clean, definitely made me laugh. :D And I appreciated the Youtube-like Cartman rant about Obama.. Some people actually spout ignorant crap like that..

Another thing that bothered me, and maybe I'm being too picky, is that Cartman was so easily able to steal a Nascar car and enter the race. It's so illogical and unrealistic.. I don't like being forced to go along with it to carry the entire plot...
2+2=5

Postby 2+2=5 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:21 am

laughed a lot but maybe because i watched when tired.
We don't have vagisil adverts so didn't get that part.
Kenny at least got used, although I couldn't understand what he was talking about this time.
Good to see how Cartman misinterprited the events
I'm unsure about Brendle's interpretation - the show definitely portrayed NASCAR drivers as trained professionals but less shows the audience; Seemed more a vessel for a joke about Cartman reinterpriting events than
Seemed a bit of a rehash of WTF for some reason.
Reminded me of Porsche Challange (PSOne game)
SuperMaids/superiorsavior/PIPaul strikes again...because he forgot his Passover. Again.
iloveyouguys

Postby iloveyouguys » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:19 am

2+2=5 wrote:laughed a lot but maybe because i watched when tired.
We don't have vagisil adverts so didn't get that part.
Kenny at least got used, although I couldn't understand what he was talking about this time.
Good to see how Cartman misinterprited the events
I'm unsure about Brendle's interpretation - the show definitely portrayed NASCAR drivers as trained professionals but less shows the audience; Seemed more a vessel for a joke about Cartman reinterpriting events than
Seemed a bit of a rehash of WTF for some reason.
Reminded me of Porsche Challange (PSOne game)

I see what you're saying about WTF, but I still liked it. It wasn't executed as well as it could have been, but it was a funny premise. It wasn't the best episode, but it was still pretty great. Kenny died, which is always a plus, and Cartman acted retarded. I don't see it as Cartman being a murderer; he's just a dumbass.
This is my signature. I made it small so anyone who tries to read it has to copy and paste the text somewhere else only to find that it isn't interesting at all. Congratulations. Also, fuckshitcockassbitchtitspenisfagskankwhorecuntpoop.
tangycurtis

Postby tangycurtis » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:22 am

agustina0407 wrote: I only laughed at Cartman eating the Vagisil the first time, but in the end it was so repetitive that it wasn't funny anymore!

What a waste of the first episode of this half-season!!
I hope they redeem themselves with the Jersey Shore episode, because I know (we all know!) that they can do so much better than this :)

I totally agree!!!! Cartman downing Vagisil in the store aisle and having 3 sparklingly clean vaginas in his stomach was really funny! But almost everything after that got REALLY old really fast.

Unlike some of the earlier posts saying that season 14 is absolutely god-awful---I really think "Scrotie McBoogerballs" and "You have 0 Friends" were solid, good episodes. But that's just my opinion.

As for the idea that Trey Parker's writing is going downhill---I disagree completely. I actually LOVE the satirical route South Park's taken in recent years.

And honestly, it seems unrealistic to expect any one person to pump out genius stuff 100% of the time. (Especially when people differ on what counts as genius in the first place.)

I'd say this never-100% thing applies to South Park and to all kinds of art. I mean, isn't this why only certain songs in a band's collection become singles? Why everybody and their mother knows about Catcher in the Rye (Scrotie again!!!) and not about....uh, some other book by Salinger that I couldn't name for you if my life depended on it?
Last edited by tangycurtis on Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
beanbmore

Postby beanbmore » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:47 am

PTI had their character cut outs behind them in the studio today, Hilarious!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:39 am

beanbmore wrote:PTI had their character cut outs behind them in the studio today, Hilarious!

Screencap?
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:25 am

yoshivalley wrote:
Brendle wrote:This episode was atrocious. Cartman has become a joke of a character. Driving around and MURDERING people on the track? The same little eight-year-old boy who shocked us all when he revealed he fed Scott Tenorman his parents? It's not even shocking anymore. Just Cartman being "evil" for the sake of it--a shell of his former self.

... I think Trey and Matt forgot what made Cartman funny in the first place. He's not funny because he's evil. Him killing people and being a murderer isn't funny by itself.

The sad thing is the boys aren't even boys anymore. They don't speak or act like them. They're just animated versions of Trey and Matt, two middle-aged men who are so out-of-touch it isn't funny.

The truth is that "wouldn't it be funny if Cartman tried to act stupid, but actually WAS stupid in doing so?" is not a joke that can sustain an entire episode, and it really shows here.

+1

Especially:
a shell of his former self.

This is what I thought, but couldn't find the words. Even with Butters, it seemed like they were going by a checklist of "What makes Butters' Butters". It seemed so forced and uninspired, like they've forgotten the hearts inside these characters. I came away from this episode wondering if they've lost that spark... lost what inspired them to create this show in the first place. I'll try watching it again though..

I must say... Finding that Cartman has developed three vaginas in his stomach, and they're all sparkling clean, definitely made me laugh. :D And I appreciated the Youtube-like Cartman rant about Obama.. Some people actually spout ignorant crap like that..

Another thing that bothered me, and maybe I'm being too picky, is that Cartman was so easily able to steal a Nascar car and enter the race. It's so illogical and unrealistic.. I don't like being forced to go along with it to carry the entire plot...

'The heart of the characters.' I like that. Stan needs his 'I learned something today' speeches back. As gay as some might think it, it's him. It's what he used to always do. It brought you back to earth and it's important in the craziness a child recognizes the horror around him. And Cartman is so much more than evil. Really, I want the boys to be boys again. More episodes like Good Times With Weapons and Chinpokomon. The boys are eight and nine, not sixteen! I know they can write a wonderful episode with that child-spark in it again. :?
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
mitzelflik

Postby mitzelflik » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:54 am

Alright SP, what happened?? I sadly haven't read others mentioning this (either for good or for bad) but it seems you've completely gone digital with the most recent episode, and it visually stinks. The off-beat character/scene cut-outs, and slap-dash look have been so streamlined and polished, that it no longer has the down-to-earth quality which attracted so many of us (those of us who are old enough to actually remember when you were groundbreaking). Yeah, I know it's been digitized since like episode 2, but now it gone a bit too far.

Hasn't anyone else noticed this in 1408? The amount of detail and fine lined pixels... The changing virtual camera angles as if this was a video game... The visual overload with the "perfect" backgrounds... And worst of all, the use of gradations/blending in the color schemes as opposed to block colors.

I know you must have worked hard to get this effect, but it sucks. It looks fake, and detracted from the whole show.

Call me old-school, but it was the cheezy-ness which made SP so likable. Dare I mention this, but the Simpsons re-vamped their animation around their 8th season give-or-take, and that pretty much signaled their downfall. Something was just missing after that. Sure, Groening has still been laughing all the way to the bank for the past dozen years, but that was also when I and most people I know stopped watching it (and really began to appreciate the ad-hoc style of SP)

Please SP, don't do this to yourself, or else you will only have the "newer" fan base left.
SpongeFreak52

Postby SpongeFreak52 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:43 pm

mitzelflik wrote:Alright SP, what happened?? I sadly haven't read others mentioning this (either for good or for bad) but it seems you've completely gone digital with the most recent episode, and it visually stinks. The off-beat character/scene cut-outs, and slap-dash look have been so streamlined and polished, that it no longer has the down-to-earth quality which attracted so many of us (those of us who are old enough to actually remember when you were groundbreaking). Yeah, I know it's been digitized since like episode 2, but now it gone a bit too far.

Hasn't anyone else noticed this in 1408? The amount of detail and fine lined pixels... The changing virtual camera angles as if this was a video game... The visual overload with the "perfect" backgrounds... And worst of all, the use of gradations/blending in the color schemes as opposed to block colors.

I know you must have worked hard to get this effect, but it sucks. It looks fake, and detracted from the whole show.

Call me old-school, but it was the cheezy-ness which made SP so likable. Dare I mention this, but the Simpsons re-vamped their animation around their 8th season give-or-take, and that pretty much signaled their downfall. Something was just missing after that. Sure, Groening has still been laughing all the way to the bank for the past dozen years, but that was also when I and most people I know stopped watching it (and really began to appreciate the ad-hoc style of SP)

Please SP, don't do this to yourself, or else you will only have the "newer" fan base left.

COMPLETELY AGREED.

I am not a fan of their "need" to make the show look good in HD. Gradients, varying strokes, CG animation, and shading are NOT what South Park needs. The animation is SUPPOSED to be crappy, and by you guys giving each character model 100+ bones to animate, you're just taking away from that.

Please, SP, don't worry about your looks. Focus on the story, focus on what made South Park what it is today. <3
JBgoode

Postby JBgoode » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:36 pm

Yep, it's good 2 know SP will be takin' a sh-t on MTV's gross "Jersey Shore"
I felt a rightful sense of disgust when I found out (via the KissFM 95.7 (Boston, MA) "Elvis Durant Morning Show") that "The Situation" (the biggest douche known to man) is making more money than President Obama is. :x
triplemultiplex wrote:Woah, CC just played a teaser for next week's South Park already!

It was Jersey Shore meets zombie apocalypse.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”