South Park just isn't good anymore.

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Brendle
Posts: 583
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:26 pm

South Park just isn't good anymore.

Postby Brendle » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:47 am

South Park just isn't good anymore. Matt and Trey have been resting on their laurels for about a year now, not putting their heart and soul into it like they used to.

The fact that the show used to have the crappy animation to be different, and now uses all sorts of flashy, polished animation techniques making the show just like all the other cartoons isn't the problem. The problem is the writing and the voice-acting.

Maybe Trey Parker has been taking some drugs which has negatively affected his script-writing. He just has no idea who Cartman is anymore.

He no longer sounds like a child (have you heard his voice now, compared to his funny child-like voice in season 3?), he no longer acts like a child, and he no longer speaks like one. That goes for other characters as well.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Niels0827
Posts: 4302
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:51 am

Re: *1409: It Came From Jersey* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby Niels0827 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:44 am

I don't really have an issue with the voice acting. I kinda like the voices. While it's true they don't sound as much like kids as they used to, they still sound better as kids than some other cartoons.

The animation has undoubtedly gotten more high-tech, and while it's not always a bad thing, I do miss the simplistic and stylized animation from the first several seasons. The crude effects were what contributed to much of the humor.

Nothing against Trey at all - he's a cool guy and he's got some great skills as a writer - but he's been the sole writer for too long. He can't keep doing this by himself. He needs other writers to help him out or take his place altogether while he and Stone can direct the storyboard. The repetitive humor based on one or two jokes per episode is starting to diminish the quality of the show. I still enjoy watching it, but moreso nowadays because I have a fondness for the characters rather than the humor. I still giggle and laugh occasionally, but it's not what it used to be.
Brendle
Posts: 583
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:26 pm

Re: *1409: It Came From Jersey* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby Brendle » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:21 am

Letting any other writer who isn't Matt Stone take his place would be a horrible, horrible decision. It would dilute the unique voice Trey and Matt provide.

What needs to happen is this: Matt Stone should stop doing all the producing and money stuff, and start caring about the actual writing. He should work with Trey on the actual scripts rather than just shooting ideas around in the writers' room then leaving Trey to do all the dialogue.

Trey Parker needs to stop popping all those pills to stay up all night when he's working on the show. They're clouding his mind. At least...SOMETHING is.

South Park hasn't been bad until this season. There were a couple gems from the last season (Fishsticks and Margaritavlle...Whale Whores was good too). I'm holding out for at least one gem this season or they should just call it quits.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
southparkpresident
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Re: *1409: It Came From Jersey* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby southparkpresident » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:30 am

Brendle wrote:Letting any other writer who isn't Matt Stone take his place would be a horrible, horrible decision. It would dilute the unique voice Trey and Matt provide.

What needs to happen is this: Matt Stone should stop doing all the producing and money stuff, and start caring about the actual writing. He should work with Trey on the actual scripts rather than just shooting ideas around in the writers' room then leaving Trey to do all the dialogue.

Trey Parker needs to stop popping all those pills to stay up all night when he's working on the show. They're clouding his mind. At least...SOMETHING is.

South Park hasn't been bad until this season. There were a couple gems from the last season (Fishsticks and Margaritavlle...Whale Whores was good too). I'm holding out for at least one gem this season or they should just call it quits.


The funny thing is, the humor is 100% the same as the last, Idk, 5-6 years? People know too much about how the show is made, and then just nitpick the hell out of it. "Cartmans character isn't a child anymore". This episode showed him crying by the lockers because a "What I want to be when I grow up" essay. He couldn't drive a car. He was completely unaware of what Vagisil was. Did they forget he was a kid, or did you?
And saying Trey or Matt need to do this this and this is stupid. That's like telling a band how to write they're music. No, it's their art, shut the f*ck up and let them do it. No one's forcing you to watch. If you miss old SP so much, I reccomend you by the dvds and quit your goddamn bitching.
laksjd
nwt000
Posts: 1830
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:47 pm

South Park just isn't good anymore.

Postby nwt000 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:26 pm

Brendle, or should I say Grendel because you are such a monster, who died and made you king of South Park?
Brendle
Posts: 583
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:26 pm

Re: *1409: It Came From Jersey* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby Brendle » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:39 pm

southparkpresident wrote:The funny thing is, the humor is 100% the same as the last, Idk, 5-6 years?

Spoken like a blind South Park fan who can't see the reality. The humor isn't the same because the humor now is nonexistent now.

People know too much about how the show is made, and then just nitpick the hell out of it. "Cartmans character isn't a child anymore". This episode showed him crying by the lockers because a "What I want to be when I grow up" essay. He couldn't drive a car. He was completely unaware of what Vagisil was. Did they forget he was a kid, or did you?

Cartman pulls guns on people now (he held someone at gunpoint in Medicinal Fried Chicken). Kids don't do that, at all. Cartman runs people over on the NASCAR track. Kids don't murder people. If you honestly can't see how Cartman is just an empty character now, used as a puppet to express the creators' views, then there is no helping you.
And saying Trey or Matt need to do this this and this is stupid. That's like telling a band how to write they're music. No, it's their art, shut the f*ck up and let them do it.

And saying I need to do this this and this is stupid. That's like telling a band how to write their music. No, they're my opinions, shut the f*ck up and let me voice them.

No one's forcing you to watch. If you miss old SP so much, I reccomend you by the dvds and quit your goddamn bitching.

No one's forcing you to read my posts. If you miss South Park praise so much, I recommend you reading the other thousands of posts here and quit your goddamn bitching.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
nwt000
Posts: 1830
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:47 pm

Re: *1409: It Came From Jersey* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby nwt000 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:19 pm

Brendle wrote:
southparkpresident wrote:The funny thing is, the humor is 100% the same as the last, Idk, 5-6 years?

Spoken like a blind South Park fan who can't see the reality. The humor isn't the same because the humor now is nonexistent now.

People know too much about how the show is made, and then just nitpick the hell out of it. "Cartmans character isn't a child anymore". This episode showed him crying by the lockers because a "What I want to be when I grow up" essay. He couldn't drive a car. He was completely unaware of what Vagisil was. Did they forget he was a kid, or did you?

Cartman pulls guns on people now (he held someone at gunpoint in Medicinal Fried Chicken). Kids don't do that, at all. Cartman runs people over on the NASCAR track. Kids don't murder people. If you honestly can't see how Cartman is just an empty character now, used as a puppet to express the creators' views, then there is no helping you.
And saying Trey or Matt need to do this this and this is stupid. That's like telling a band how to write they're music. No, it's their art, shut the f*ck up and let them do it.

And saying I need to do this this and this is stupid. That's like telling a band how to write their music. No, they're my opinions, shut the f*ck up and let me voice them.

No one's forcing you to watch. If you miss old SP so much, I reccomend you by the dvds and quit your goddamn bitching.

No one's forcing you to read my posts. If you miss South Park praise so much, I recommend you reading the other thousands of posts here and quit your goddamn bitching.

Quit being a Negative Nancy.
Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 18870
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:57 am

South Park just isn't good anymore.

Postby Big-Will » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:40 am

Brendle wrote:Matt Stone should stop doing all the producing and money stuff, and start caring about the actual writing. He should work with Trey on the actual scripts rather than just shooting ideas around in the writers' room then leaving Trey to do all the dialogue.

Trey Parker needs to stop popping all those pills to stay up all night when he's working on the show. They're clouding his mind. At least...SOMETHING is.

I'm sure they like being told by their fans how to do their jobs.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Brendle
Posts: 583
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:26 pm

Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby Brendle » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:25 am

I'm sure they like being told by their fans how to do their jobs.

I'm not telling them what to do or how to do their jobs. That implies that they actually READ what I say (yeah right). I'm telling people who read this message board how M&T should do their jobs. It's called criticism.

Trey and Matt both think their fans are mostly adolescent idiots (which is true). They don't CARE about what we think...just what they think and what their family/friends think.

nwt000 wrote:Why have so many n00bs like Brendle bashed South Park lately?

Gee, I dunno. Could there be a correlation between people bashing South Park recently and South Park sucking recently? I wonder.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
southparkpresident
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:45 pm

South Park just isn't good anymore.

Postby southparkpresident » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:43 pm

Brendle wrote:
I'm sure they like being told by their fans how to do their jobs.

I'm not telling them what to do or how to do their jobs. That implies that they actually READ what I say (yeah right). I'm telling people who read this message board how M&T should do their jobs. It's called criticism.

Trey and Matt both think their fans are mostly adolescent idiots (which is true). They don't CARE about what we think...just what they think and what their family/friends think.

nwt000 wrote:Why have so many n00bs like Brendle bashed South Park lately?

Gee, I dunno. Could there be a correlation between people bashing South Park recently and South Park sucking recently? I wonder.


No, I think the true problem is overcritical douches like you. This isn't a "I hate SP" thread, it's fans of the show, if you're not a fan anymore, why are you here? And if you say "To tell people how the show SHOULD be" then you're even more of a douche, because no one cares about you're weak ass opinion. Seriously, make you're own show, then bitch about it. You're a nobody, and no one here gives a sh*t what you have to say. K? Thanks :)
Wii fit man
Posts: 11153
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:10 pm

Re: South Park just isn't good anymore.

Postby Wii fit man » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:19 pm

Brendle: People who disagree aren't blind, especially when it comes to humor. Humor is all in interpretation, and you're basically saying that your sense of humor is better than theirs.

southparkpresident: Relax, dude. I know you love the show, but he is expressing his opinion in a public forum, which is his right. I don't think it makes sense to tell the writers how to write or the players how to play either, but hey, whatever.

nwt: Stop being a douche. Just because someone dislikes South Park now doesn't make them a monster.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
kfgg
Posts: 3109
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 12:12 am

Re: South Park just isn't good anymore.

Postby kfgg » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:38 pm

They always consider themselfs to be like a band. A season of South Park being their album.

Like every other band, they grow over time.

Take The Beatles for example. You listen to their first albums Please Please Me, With The Beatles. Sounds very young, not all that mature. Compare that with seasons 1-3

Then you get to albums like With The Beatles, Help!, Rubber Soul, seasons 4-6

You go past that, and you get Revolver, Sgt. Pepper, Magical Mystery Tour, The White Album, Let It Be, Abbey Road,

Listen to every one of The Beatles albums from 1962-1970 and you'll hear evolution.

Same thing is happening with South Park. It started out small, immature. Now its maturing.

That doesn't make it any less good. Some people think the older stuff was better, others think the newer stuff is better

Thats the same with any band.

As I watch it, I continue to see quality product being put out. The fact that they are putting out a quality show, doing what South Park has always done, South Park's "sound" for example, I don't see any problem with it. Its good stuff. Except for season 10. Everybody has 1 album they hate, right?
Stan and Kyle :)
nwt000
Posts: 1830
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:47 pm

Re: South Park just isn't good anymore.

Postby nwt000 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:50 pm

Wii fit man wrote:Brendle: People who disagree aren't blind, especially when it comes to humor. Humor is all in interpretation, and you're basically saying that your sense of humor is better than theirs.

southparkpresident: Relax, dude. I know you love the show, but he is expressing his opinion in a public forum, which is his right. I don't think it makes sense to tell the writers how to write or the players how to play either, but hey, whatever.

nwt: Stop being a douche. Just because someone dislikes South Park now doesn't make them a monster.

Me and southparkpresident are just expressing our right to disagree too.
LilNugget
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:27 pm

Re: South Park just isn't good anymore.

Postby LilNugget » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:36 pm

"Cartman pulls guns on people now (he held someone at gunpoint in Medicinal Fried Chicken). Kids don't do that, at all. Cartman runs people over on the NASCAR track. Kids don't murder people. If you honestly can't see how Cartman is just an empty character now, used as a puppet to express the creators' views, then there is no helping you."

So you were up in arms after an episode like Junior Detectives as well then right? Oh wait, that was back when the show was "good" and totally realistic in every way right? How about when Cartman made Scot Tenorman eat his parents, did you complain then as well? Or when the kids took on the Chinese mafia to save their "client" in a gun battle?

Cartman self-deludes himself to avoid his own reality, he's been doing that since season one (BEEFCAKE!). And the show has always gone and made fun of anyone and anything M+T can think up, I'm not sure which show you've been watching.

Sorry if you don't like the show anymore, personally I still find it very entertaining. And I find your reasons either not valid or not well expressed.
Timmy!
nwt000
Posts: 1830
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:47 pm

Re: South Park just isn't good anymore.

Postby nwt000 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:47 pm

LilNugget wrote:"Cartman pulls guns on people now (he held someone at gunpoint in Medicinal Fried Chicken). Kids don't do that, at all. Cartman runs people over on the NASCAR track. Kids don't murder people. If you honestly can't see how Cartman is just an empty character now, used as a puppet to express the creators' views, then there is no helping you."

So you were up in arms after an episode like Junior Detectives as well then right? Oh wait, that was back when the show was "good" and totally realistic in every way right? How about when Cartman made Scot Tenorman eat his parents, did you complain then as well? Or when the kids took on the Chinese mafia to save their "client" in a gun battle?

Cartman self-deludes himself to avoid his own reality, he's been doing that since season one (BEEFCAKE!). And the show has always gone and made fun of anyone and anything M+T can think up, I'm not sure which show you've been watching.

Sorry if you don't like the show anymore, personally I still find it very entertaining. And I find your reasons either not valid or not well expressed.

LilNugget I am in 100% agreement with you.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests