*1411: Coon 2: Hindsight* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Re: *1411: Coon 2: Hindsight* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby 203177 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:36 am

who is kyle and kenny and the others. the mosqutio sounds like craig or butters maybe kyle or kevin. who is in that big black outfit in the back? maybe its timmy. i will find out when i hear there voices. butters has to be professor chaoes.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
SgtFeather

Postby SgtFeather » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:30 am

While I do enjoy the Coon and all of his heroic buddies, I was kind of disappointed that this episode's plot back round had to do with the BP oil spill. Not that I wasn't expecting them to do an episode about it (I told all of my friends South Park would be all over BP's ass when I first heard about the crisis), but when I saw the preview of the Coon and friends a few weeks back, I was hoping in some way that it would be related to Halloween. Think about it: a week to go until Halloween, and kids dressed up as superheroes. That was a perfect base with so many possibilites. Matt and Trey could have done a kids being kids episode, or do a movie spoof like they seem to enjoy doing these days (though I'd prefer the former).

I guess its just my love for the holiday specials South Park does that's made me a little disappointed, but this still hasn't tampered my mood for the episode itself. I'm looking forward to the fact that more people get to play in the hidden identity gig (which Stan and Token fail at, apparently :roll: ) and here's to hoping that the Coon 2 is one of those rare cases that the sequel is better than the original.
NinjaSkittles

Postby NinjaSkittles » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:58 am

I don't think this will help at all for figuring out who captain hind sight is but here's the definition of hindsight:

the ability to understand, after something has happened, what should Of been done or what cause the event.

And there's another definition too:

A firearm's rear sight.

Yeah.. Haha.
Diabeteth

Postby Diabeteth » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:44 am

Am I the only one who isn't stoked?
I mean, I dunno, I don't mind seeing the Coon again... or seeing all the other kids in costume... but the oil spill? No offense to people in areas still suffering from it, but that's old news. We quit hearing about that a long time ago.

Can't we have this episode idea without the not-so-current-anymore events?
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:25 am

I want a Halloween-themed episode too, there has only been three. It's the perfect time and would be so cool to see a brand-new Halloween episode with the better animation and details lacking from something like... Spooky fish. But ah well, I have a good feel for this one. Boys are still dressed up so I think it will be very entertaining. :)
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:35 am

I was also hoping for a Halloween episode, but I had my doubts on whether or not there was going to be one anyway, considering how long it's been.

I'm just friggin' glad this episode has to do with the kids - at least from the looks of it. Fine with me if it makes references to current/recent events or pop culture as long as they don't make every single possible joke about it. Just make the show about the real stars - the kids.

And as much as I love it when Kenny has his hood off, I sure hope that blond kid isn't him. I'm pretty sure it's not, though. I loved Kenny's long, ruffled hair. :mrgreen:
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:43 am

The blond kid with half a pink face has to be Bradley. Kenny's hair is spiky, this kid's is not. We never hear or see Bradley but who says we can't start now? There are still plenty of kids left to be heard who were only in the background before. :)
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
MoonBear44

Postby MoonBear44 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:24 pm

I have a feeling Tweek will be Mysterion.

Postby 203177 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:56 pm

maybe? this could do with halloween cause there dressed up.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:37 pm

I don't expect the thrust of this episode to revolve around the oil spill so much as using it as a vehicle for Cartman to get his usual self-centered, attention-whoring self out there. Just like the first time around with The Coon, he doesn't give a shit about other people, he just wants to be a famous person beloved by others as much as he loves himself. The preview clip backs me up on this.

It's reliable formula for Cartman stories. He's a self-centered, egotistical asshole in the beginning. Some bad shit happens to him; often because he's an asshole. His friends save his ass, because they're good people. But in the end, instead of learning a lesson, Fatass goes right back to being a self-deluded, egotistical asshole.

This solid model keeps delivering, despite it's repetition of the same themes because there's ample opportunity for Fatass to spout some hilarious ignorance along the way.

So my hopes are up this week.

You read it! You can't unread it!
metalswim

Postby metalswim » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:44 am

i hope in the trailer there is more heroes than that and there probably is but its strange that mysterion is there maybe they're working together and i don't know if it involves professor chaos, he might have some part. I'm anxious to see who kenny is and i don't know about kyle cause last time the coon had an episode he was working for mysterion. craig or clyde is mosquito, have gotten that quite figured out, either way it will explain its self. and maybe the IDENTITY OF MYSTERION!!! I'm really glad there's another coon episode :mrgreen:
PLOX?
ChaosBank

Postby ChaosBank » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:29 am

its kenny
8shortfuse

Postby 8shortfuse » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:03 am

Mascito (or however you spell that) sounds like Kyle to me. But I have a hard time believeing it's him. First of all...why would he be a bug? and second...how would his hair fit in that hat? lol

anyway, wasn't he the one who said "dressing up like a superhero is homosexual anyway."

eh, just my opinion though. I'm probably wrong. It would be funny if he was captain hindsight, whoever that may be. It would totally piss Cartman off!
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:54 am

zzyzx 1 wrote:
Zazaban wrote:Hm, that name changed fast.

Which name :?

The original thread title: Re: *1411:Title* Pre-Air Discussion
or
The current thread title: Re: *1411:Coon And Friends* Pre-Air Discussion
or

nall wrote:SOUTH PARK
TITLE: COON 2: RISE OF CAPTAIN HINDSIGHT
Episode #1411 Air date: October 27, 2010

Which name do you mean?

Well, today is Tuesday, and the show airs tomorrow Wednesday, and once again the title has changed:

nall wrote:TITLE: COON2: HINDSIGHT
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:02 am

:( I liked "The Rise of Captain Hindsight" better.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”