*1411: Coon 2: Hindsight* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

axisofevil

Re: *1411: Coon 2: Hindsight* Post-Air Discussion

Postby axisofevil » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:57 am

killerqueen74 wrote:Does anyone watch the news anymore....ever? I'm seriously, it's pretty obvious what all the "I'm sorry" stuff over and over again was. After the oil spill in the Gulf (you know, that huge one you may have heard about once or twice), basically all BP did was say how sorry they were, but not actually take any actions to stop and/or correct the damage. !

Thank christ!! thought I was the only one who gave a toss about the big 'message' here rather than who the @#$% Mysterion is. I reckon it was brilliant the way they exaggerated BPs low key apologies for the mess and the inevitable consequences we should expect for DPing mama earth.

That being said, also dug the kubrick and lovecraft references!

End of the day, best episode yet of the 2nd part of the season and can't wait for part 2!!!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:13 am

neocarleen wrote:Mysterion = Kenny
Mosquito = Clyde
Mintberry Crunch = Bradley
Tupperware = Token
Toolshed = Stan
The Human Kite = Kyle
Iron Maiden = Timmy

I think this is the rundown:
Stan - Tool Shed
Token - Tupperware
Timmy - Iron Maiden
Kyle - Mosquito (Cartman attacks him, just as he would Kyle)
Kenny - Mintberry Crunch (drinks water instead of soda - it's free)
Clyde - Mysterion (remember him sleeping in class back in "The Coon"?)
Bradley - The Human Kite (process of elimination)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
rochman

Postby rochman » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:15 am

Hey everyone!

I seriously think that Kenny is Mint Berry Crunch! For one valuable reason : after the "clockwork orange" scene, they all drink a soda except... well, the poor kid, of course. Its a regular joke in SP, check it in WTF or Poor and Stupid. Kenny always gets water.

As for the rest, Toolshed (Stan), Tupperware (Token) and Iron Maiden (Timmy) are obvious. I first thought Mosquito was Kyle, and i think it was T&M's intentionto make us believe that, but Kyle would never let Cartman kick his ass like that without, at least, fight back. I mean, he litterally gives up the fight, that is not Kyle! And we remember how Clyde cries a lot for nothing (Its's Christmas in Canada, Fatbeard...), so i have a hard time believing this coward is Mysterion. And then, Kyle met Mysterion in "The Coon", and therefore can't be Mysterion, and he is not Mosquito. Then he is The Human Kite, which would make sense since he is the superhero telling The Coon he's out of the team, he shows no trouble saying this at all, because guess what? Kyle hates Cartman! duh! So, consequently, Bradley, the mysterious kid (ahah... even though he has been part of the serie since Rainforest Schmainforest), would be Mysterion. And, Clyde, as disappointing for him as it sounds, is Mosquito and not Mysterion.

ps Mintberry Crunch face is half-hidden, that is such a thing T&M would do to Kenny, plus The Coon picks on him all the time, as he does with Kenny.

The Coon - Cartman
Toolshed - Stan
The Human Kite - Kyle
Mintberry Crunch - Kenny
Tupperware - Token
Iron Maiden - Timmy
Mosquito - Clyde
Mysterion - Bradley

I'm pretty convinced by my theory, let me know what you think about it.
James--76

Postby James--76 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:27 am

Kyle - Mosquito (Cartman attacks him, just as he would Kyle

I think The Coon attacks Mosquito because he hated the idea of the bake off,to Cartman it may have seemed that he was taking over. I was thinking Kyle was Mosquito too maybe he did not fight back because he was in slight shock I will watch the episode again but i guess will we will have to wait until next week for most of the answers.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:35 am

rochman wrote:Hey everyone!

I seriously think that Kenny is Mint Berry Crunch! For one valuable reason : after the "clockwork orange" scene, they all drink a soda except... well, the poor kid, of course. Its a regular joke in SP, check it in WTF or Poor and Stupid. Kenny always gets water.

As for the rest, Toolshed (Stan), Tupperware (Token) and Iron Maiden (Timmy) are obvious. I first thought Mosquito was Kyle, and i think it was T&M's intentionto make us believe that, but Kyle would never let Cartman kick his ass like that without, at least, fight back. I mean, he litterally gives up the fight, that is not Kyle! And we remember how Clyde cries a lot for nothing (Its's Christmas in Canada, Fatbeard...), so i have a hard time believing this coward is Mysterion. And then, Kyle met Mysterion in "The Coon", and therefore can't be Mysterion, and he is not Mosquito. Then he is The Human Kite, which would make sense since he is the superhero telling The Coon he's out of the team, he shows no trouble saying this at all, because guess what? Kyle hates Cartman! duh! So, consequently, Bradley, the mysterious kid (ahah... even though he has been part of the serie since Rainforest Schmainforest), would be Mysterion. And, Clyde, as disappointing for him as it sounds, is Mosquito and not Mysterion.

ps Mintberry Crunch face is half-hidden, that is such a thing T&M would do to Kenny, plus The Coon picks on him all the time, as he does with Kenny.

The Coon - Cartman
Toolshed - Stan
The Human Kite - Kyle
Mintberry Crunch - Kenny
Tupperware - Token
Iron Maiden - Timmy
Mosquito - Clyde
Mysterion - Bradley

Without repeating the logic of the post above me, I will merely say I agree with it. Bradley is Mysterion - a kid in Mr. Garrison's class. But I post to talk about the Mosquito/Human Kite thing. I tend to go with rochman for this reason: Cartman/Coon may hate Kyle, but Coon said his "Coon sense" was tingling and attacked the one standing next to him. Doesn't prove that's Kyle. And Clyde, though sleeping in Mr. Garrison's class, proves nothing as we discussed in dozens and dozens of threads at the time the Coon was released back in March of '09. My thoughts are that it was Kyle the Kite who (with pleasure) told the Coon to get out of his own basement :lol:

That leaves Clyde as Mosquito (according to rochman's logic above) and then by process of elimination, Bradley is Mysterion.

Also, how about all the inside jokes of which MnT are well know to throw into episodes, such as aliens here and there, or references to other things that if you didn't know the inside joke it would go right over your head - a derogatory term for a Jew is found here; (click if you won't get offended; don't worry, it's from Wiki).

So instead of The Human Kite by process of elimination being Bradley, I say by process of elimination Mysterion is Bradley because Mosquito is Clyde and The Human Kite is Kyle.

That's the best I can do at 1:35 am.

The logic of Kenny having 1/2 his face covered and drinking water instead of soda thus being Mint Berry Crunch is similar logic to Kyle being the kite because of Kyle is the this.

----more later----
Soviet Jesus

Postby Soviet Jesus » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:39 am

God one of the best due to awesome references (Cthulu, CW).
I think theres too many ambiguous clues for me to guess who's who.
Lobo_the_main_man

Postby Lobo_the_main_man » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:51 am

zzyzx 1 wrote:
rochman wrote:Hey everyone!

The Coon - Cartman
Toolshed - Stan
The Human Kite - Kyle
Mintberry Crunch - Kenny
Tupperware - Token
Iron Maiden - Timmy
Mosquito - Clyde
Mysterion - Bradley

Without repeating the logic of the post above me, I will merely say I agree with it. Bradley is Mysterion - a kid in Mr. Garrison's class. But I post to talk about the Mosquito/Human Kite thing. I tend to go with rochman for this reason: Cartman/Coon may hate Kyle, but Coon said his "Coon sense" was tingling and attacked the one standing next to him. Doesn't prove that's Kyle. And Clyde, though sleeping in Mr. Garrison's class, proves nothing as we discussed in dozens and dozens of threads at the time the Coon was released back in March of '09. My thoughts are that it was Kyle the Kite who (with pleasure) told the Coon to get out of his own basement :lol:

That leaves Clyde as Mosquito (according to rochman's logic above) and then by process of elimination, Bradley is Mysterion.

Also, how about all the inside jokes of which MnT are well know to throw into episodes, such as aliens here and there, or references to other things that if you didn't know the inside joke it would go right over your head - a derogatory term for a Jew is found here; (click if you won't get offended; don't worry, it's from Wiki).

So instead of The Human Kite by process of elimination being Bradley, I say by process of elimination Mysterion is Bradley because Mosquito is Clyde and The Human Kite is Kyle.

That's the best I can do at 1:35 am.

The logic of Kenny having 1/2 his face covered and drinking water instead of soda thus being Mint Berry Crunch is similar logic to Kyle being the kite because of Kyle is the this.

----more later----

Amazing work. to the guy that figured this out and noticed all that you should be a detective. Bradley has no reason to be in that episode so it would make since for it to be him.

One problem. In the first Coon episode when Mysteron took of his mask, Cartman said "i knew it, i even said it before". That would make it one of the people he named in the first Coon episode, he never named Bradley. Now this could be a mistake from Matt & Trey or we could be missing something.
toolshed

Postby toolshed » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:03 am

The human kite is no doubt kyle as they both seem to have the same voice. Mysterion is the most difficult one to figure out. This was a great episode just like every other SP episodes.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:06 am

Lobo_the_main_man wrote:Amazing work. to the guy that figured this out and noticed all that you should be a detective. Bradley has no reason to be in that episode so it would make since for it to be him.

One problem. In the first Coon episode when Mysteron took of his mask, Cartman said "i knew it, i even said it before". That would make it one of the people he named in the first Coon episode, he never named Bradley. Now this could be a mistake from Matt & Trey or we could be missing something.

No problem. It is easily explained:

Cartman, since episode 101, is a LIAR :o

At the end of the original Coon ep in March of '09, Cartman on the roof tried guessing at who Mysterion was: "Craig, Kyle, Stan, Clyde". After Mysterion unmasks himself, Cartman said: "I knew it was you. Remember I even said it before." Well, sure: The Coon was outsmarted (as Cartman/Fatass always is), and was lying; sure, Coon said "Craig, Kyle, Stan, Clyde" before - but now that Coon (in the original ep) saw Mysterion unmasked, Coon/Cartman would of course lie and say "I knew it. I even said it before!" Cartman always wants to be right, even when he's wrong.

Don't believe Eric Cartman. Don't believe The Coon. This is a red herring about what The Coon said in ep. 1302.

Mysterion = Bradley.
El Zorro

Postby El Zorro » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:15 am

Well, well, well. I am sure this has been mentioned a hundred times before at least, but I have to say that I laughed my ass off during the scene which was inspired by "A Clockwork Orange" as that is one of my most favourite movies. Good old Ludwig Van, good old Matt and Trey. Epic!

Greetz from Vienna, Austria,
El Zorro
Lobo_the_main_man

Postby Lobo_the_main_man » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:18 am

zzyzx 1 wrote:
Lobo_the_main_man wrote:Amazing work. to the guy that figured this out and noticed all that you should be a detective. Bradley has no reason to be in that episode so it would make since for it to be him.

No problem. It is easily explained:

Cartman, since episode 101, is a LIAR :o

At the end of the original Coon ep in March of '09, Cartman on the roof tried guessing at who Mysterion was: "Craig, Kyle, Stan, Clyde". After Mysterion unmasks himself, Cartman said: "I knew it was you. Remember I even said it before." Well, sure: The Coon was outsmarted (as Cartman/Fatass always is), and was lying; sure, Coon said "Craig, Kyle, Stan, Clyde" before - but now that Coon (in the original ep) saw Mysterion unmasked, Coon/Cartman would of course lie and say "I knew it. I even said it before!" Cartman always wants to be right, even when he's wrong.

Don't believe Eric Cartman. Don't believe The Coon. This is a red herring about what The Coon said in ep. 1302.

Mysterion = Bradley.

That's a good point. The way he said it made it sound like he didn't really know who it was. He even said it like it was just a front to make him self not look stupid.

Damn it you guys spoiled it lol.
mazamataz

Postby mazamataz » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:23 am

Oh my god, Cartman can actually beat other kids up? Oh my god, Liane actually has some control over him?! Oh my god, another episode where the moral of the story is strikingly apparent three minutes in, not necessitating a two parter episode (which I am once again praying is a fake out)?!

Oh god I don't care har har har I laugh at the funny cartoon hee hee. I shouldn't be critical. I did giggle a few times. The death of the show is slow but it is inevitable. It's gonna be okay.

Also, stop trying to guess who's who, guys. You're all a bunch of nerds.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:27 am

mazamataz wrote:Also, stop trying to guess who's who, guys. You're all a bunch of nerds.

But we stopped guessing who's who. We know now 8)

Lobo_the_main_man wrote:That's a good point. The way he said it made it sound like he didn't really know who it was. He even said it like it was just a front to make him self not look stupid.

Damn it you guys spoiled it lol.

No problem. A pleasure :wink:
Lobo_the_main_man

Postby Lobo_the_main_man » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:46 am

mazamataz wrote:Oh my god, Cartman can actually beat other kids up? Oh my god, Liane actually has some control over him?! Oh my god, another episode where the moral of the story is strikingly apparent three minutes in, not necessitating a two parter episode (which I am once again praying is a fake out)?!

Oh god I don't care har har har I laugh at the funny cartoon hee hee. I shouldn't be critical. I did giggle a few times. The death of the show is slow but it is inevitable. It's gonna be okay.

Also, stop trying to guess who's who, guys. You're all a bunch of nerds.

We're the nerds while you come on here to criticize a TV show. Yes South Park has declined we all get it. But your reasons are awful. We knew what the moral was going to be in a lot of the episodes from the start.

"Liane actually has some control over him"

South Park has always changed the the personality of characters slightly depending on the episode.

Also, She even sent him to fat camp and has said no (and even grounded him) on several occasions. So your reasoning makes no sense.

Yeah you have a point with the humor, it isn't funny as it was. But its dayum sure better then any other show at this point in its run.
CherrehCola

Postby CherrehCola » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:02 am

With the risk of being called a nerd, I'll just give my 2 cents in this guessing game.

I really don't think the Human Kite is Kyle, and I base this only on the fact that he wears nothing to cover his mouth, or nose, and that's just not Kyle's voice. I'm more willing to say it could be Craig, although it doesn't sound much like him either.

I think Kyle is Mosquito, and it wasn't just made to look that way. He keeps talking about his mom, how he "got in trouble" with his parents (something Kyle often worries about, since he can't stand up to them). I agree about Kenny, though (even though I'm a bit disappointed, I thought that he was Mysterion before).

Now then, Mysterion, at least to my ear, is voiced by Matt Stone. That leaves, which characters? We don't know much about Bradley, so it could be him. But Clyde can't be either The Kite, Mosquito or Mysterion, since he's voiced by Parker.

So, in a wild guess, if Kyle is Mosquito, that leaves the Kite to be Craig and no clue who Mysterion is. Because next to Kyle, Craig wouldn't have a problem stating the obvious and kicking Cartman out, or pissing anyone off for that matter. Also, Mosquito is the one who sticks up for the others when they're bullied and wants to do good, that just seems a lot like Kyle's character, Clyde hasn't shown that much heart.

I could be wrong, so don't kill me.
DON'T KICK THE BABY!

~*Dream about the sun,you queen of rain.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”