*1411: Coon 2: Hindsight* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

VACOOLA

Re: *1411: Coon 2: Hindsight* Post-Air Discussion

Postby VACOOLA » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:45 pm

JRTaylorMade wrote:WHO IS MYSTERIAWN??

KYLEY-B, WHO ELSE! :mrgreen:

But chances are M&T haven't decided it yet. Something tells me they're still in the process of flipping the coin.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:18 pm

GAAH! Two-parter? 'kay. Man, that was good though. :lol: My favorite of the run so far.
I MUST HAVE THE COON & FRIENDS ALERT FOR A RINGTONE. I'M SERIOUSLY YOU GUYS.
Anyway, I laughed my ass off at the first appearance of Cap'n Hindsight. And at Iron Maiden's "vote". (once again the simple things pleasing a simple man) There were at least a dozen other things there that made me giggle, but those are the ones I can think of right now.
The DP "I'm Sorry" campaign ads were an odd mix of entertaining yet annoying. ^_^ aw, puppy dawg.
Oh, and Yaaay, Lianne! :mrgreen: I love seeing her putting Cartman in his place.

Oh God, EVERYTHING! I'm still reeling from the ep, and from other events that happened this morning to continue. I'll watch it again later on tonight and comment further.
thellama73

Postby thellama73 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:32 pm

Well, I suppose it was only a matter of time until they made Cartman into Alex from a Clockwork Orange. He's been headed in that direction for a while now.

I liked the message of Captain Hindsight, but it was a little "hit you over the head." They do tend to repeat the same gag too many times in an episode.

Having said that, this was BY FAR the best episode since the end of summer break, not thta that's saying much.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:33 pm

Dark Knight 2K wrote:Based on Kenny's bag when he is leaving his house, I say he is Mysterion. The kite and wings would be too bulky to fit in that little bag.

Kenny had a small bag when he went to the NASCAR speedway, but did you see the size of the rifle the security guard pulled out of there?
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
8shortfuse

Postby 8shortfuse » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:38 pm

I love getting on these forums, you guys always make me laugh.

I honestly can't say who I think everyone is (besides Stan, Token, and Bradly...they're pretty obvious) cause I'm utterly confused. I figured when they showed Clyde near the end it pretty much proved he was Mysterion, but everyone on here has me changing my mind. I just hope Kyle is The Human Kite, cause the Misquito didn't put up a very good fight against the Coon. I always thought Kyle was tougher then that.

I thought the episode was pretty good. Although, I laugh at pretty much everything so I might not be a good judge. I'm not sure if I understood the DP joke though, is that suppose to be a refrence or something? The Coon-mobile was probably my favorite part. Oh, and the Coon alerts that he put in everybody's houses was great too.
Altogether...I'd say about a 8.5/10. It wasn't my favorite of the season but it was up there. It was never gonna be good enough to beat "You Have Zero Friends" and "It's a Jersey Thing" in my opinion. Those had me laughing for days!
southparkpresident

Postby southparkpresident » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:44 pm

Does anybody else here just hate the f*ck out of Brendle? This kid does nothing but cry everytime he opens his mouth. Saying you "know" (even though he's a CARTOON CHARACTER) Cartman more than M&T is retarded, like everything else you say. That's like you drawing a picture, and then me saying I know more about it. You made the damn thing, how would I know? M&T made Cartman, if they decided to make him be the nicest kid in the world from here on they could. Stop being a homosexual little couch critic and try to laugh once or twice. And this season hasn't had a bad ep yet (Although "Sexual Healing" only had a few parts that made me laugh) but you don't like ANY of the 10 eps? That shows you nothings wrong with the show, you're just overcritical you whiny little douche.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:51 pm

You can always report him, and I may or may not ban him for a while, but I'm not inclined to do anything at this point. All I will say is that Matt and Trey can do what they want with their characters, including make them very different from what they were. With Cartman, that happened when he served Scott's parents' remains to Scott as chili ... nine years ago.

Karlfred

Postby Karlfred » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:58 pm

This episode was pretty clever, and overall entertaining. Everything I thought about it has already been said, so I won't bother repeating.

But who the hell is 'Bradley'? That blond kid? I've never seen him before in any other episode. He's not a character I've ever heard of. On the character list I see a kid named 'bradley' and I remember him from 'cartman sucks' but that was his only appearance as far as I remember and he doesn't even attend the same school as the main characters...or so is my understanding? The hairstyle is different also.
thellama73

Postby thellama73 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:59 pm

southparkpresident wrote:Does anybody else here just hate the f*ck out of Brendle? This kid does nothing but cry everytime he opens his mouth. Saying you "know" (even though he's a CARTOON CHARACTER) Cartman more than M&T is retarded, like everything else you say. That's like you drawing a picture, and then me saying I know more about it. You made the damn thing, how would I know? M&T made Cartman, if they decided to make him be the nicest kid in the world from here on they could. Stop being a homosexual little couch critic and try to laugh once or twice. And this season hasn't had a bad ep yet (Although "Sexual Healing" only had a few parts that made me laugh) but you don't like ANY of the 10 eps? That shows you nothings wrong with the show, you're just overcritical you whiny little douche.

I don't understand why it bothers some people so much when other people have a different opinion from them.
LilNugget

Postby LilNugget » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:00 pm

Big-Will wrote:You can always report him, and I may or may not ban him for a while, but I'm not inclined to do anything at this point. All I will say is that Matt and Trey can do what they want with their characters, including make them very different from what they were. With Cartman, that happened when he served Scott's parents' remains to Scott as chili ... nine years ago.

Exactly, and that was very soon after he was in 4th grade. All the characters got a year older and changed somewhat.

Why anyone would get sand trapped in their vagina over the kids' characters being developed as the show goes on is beyond me. Some people are just born as Negative Nancies :oops:
Timmy!
thellama73

Postby thellama73 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:06 pm

Big-Will wrote:You can always report him, and I may or may not ban him for a while, but I'm not inclined to do anything at this point. All I will say is that Matt and Trey can do what they want with their characters, including make them very different from what they were. With Cartman, that happened when he cooked Scott's parents' remains to Scott as chili ... nine years ago.

Ban him for what? What rules has he broken? I don't like most of the new episodes either, but don't I have the right to that opinion? I don't single out other users and say they shouldn't be allowed to post because all they do is praise episodes I deem to be bad. Yet every time someone makes a negative comment here so many people are up in arms about it. Why can't we have a peaceful difference of opinion?

You keep saying, if you don't like the show, don't watch it and don't come to these boards. I say, if you don't like Brendle's posts, don't read them.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:08 pm

Ahem...
Big-Will wrote:I'm not inclined to do anything at this point.

MelCandy

Postby MelCandy » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:09 pm

AstarothGod wrote:Okay, let's end the mysterion once and for all!

Cartman -> Coon
Tupperware -> Token
Toolshed -> Stan
Proffesor Kaos -> Everyone knows it's Butters
Iron Maiden -> Timmy!
Mysterion -> Clyde
Mosquito -> Kenny
Human Kite -> Kyle
Mintberry Crunch -> Bradley

I just don't agree with Kenny/Kyle version. I think Mosquito is Kyle. He's the one that always disagrees with Cartman and wants to do something "right".
"I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die."

Favorite SP characters: Butters, Cartman, Randy
Favorite ep: Over Logging (1206)
LilNugget

Postby LilNugget » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:21 pm

MelCandy wrote:
AstarothGod wrote:Okay, let's end the mysterion once and for all!

Cartman -> Coon
Tupperware -> Token
Toolshed -> Stan
Proffesor Kaos -> Everyone knows it's Butters
Iron Maiden -> Timmy!
Mysterion -> Clyde
Mosquito -> Kenny
Human Kite -> Kyle
Mintberry Crunch -> Bradley

I just don't agree with Kenny/Kyle version. I think Mosquito is Kyle. He's the one that always disagrees with Cartman and wants to do something "right".

Kyle has never even come remotely close to having his ass kicked by Cartman, no way he's Mosquito. He's the Human Kite, his speech to kick out the Coon is classic Kyle.
Timmy!
EmmaCRB

Postby EmmaCRB » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:24 pm

LilNugget wrote:
Big-Will wrote:
Exactly, and that was very soon after he was in 4th grade. All the characters got a year older and changed somewhat.

A lot of the newer episodes claim that the boys are still 8 years old. "I'm Butters, I'm 8 years old, and I'm bicurious". The nanny one also says that Cartman is 8 and in Imaginationland Sheila tells Kyle that he is nearly 9 now, meaning that he is still 8 lol

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”