Mysterion Rising: What does the riddle mean?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

missdarcy

Re: Mysterion Rising: What does the riddle mean?

Postby missdarcy » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:06 pm

Don't kill Kenny! YOU BASTARDS!
~~take off our clothes and loo loo loo~~

~~you french-fry when you should pizza, you're gonna have a bad time~~
psychicpebble

Postby psychicpebble » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:09 pm

Yes, exactly what the OP said.

I know Kenny will lose his power, and Matt and Trey may keep him alive. I'm thinking they may kill him off though.

REASON FOR KEEPING HIM ALIVE
To make the show original, like the earlier seasons. I've been noticing they've been trying to slowly "fix" South Park, and have made it really interesting. (Cartmans dad, etc)

REASONS FOR KILLING HIM
Kenny's death would be the end. He would die forever, and it would be the end of Kenny. I think this would be good and bad. Bad because he's my favorite SP character, but good I suppose because at least he will be gone for good, and they can't use his as a prop anymore. That will be it.
HankZ922

Postby HankZ922 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:03 pm

prediction: the riddle/prophecy ==> kenny has to die his last death in order for cthulhu to return to his eternal slumber, but only after cthulhu sh*ts on tony hayward "Sorry :wink: " Kenny will wake up mortal for the first time and meet the kids at the bus stop.

Now, the reasoning behind the prophecy... Harry Potter 7 comes to theatres on the nineteenth. Two weeks away. If you've noticed, SP's got a huge spoofing/parody hard-on. and i for one love it. SO i wouldn't put it past the brilliant M&T to deliver a story line similar to insheeption. HOWEVER, that means they won't air the finale of the trilogy next week... Maybe they'll split the Finale into 2-parts for 1413 and 1414 (isn't HP7 a 2-parter??) ... or maybe return of t&p?

MY ONE AND ONLY QUESTION... THE REASON FOR NOT ASSUMING KENNY WAS MYSTERION... at the end of 'The Coon" Mysterion peels his hood back revealing a BOY WITH BROWN HAIR? interesting because kenny's a blonde. unless stan/clyde posed as mysterion similar to a harvey dent????

REGARDLESS: can't wait for next wednesday at 9pm!

-thanks for reading
deathknight928

Postby deathknight928 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:06 pm

Have ya'll ever realized that the reason Kenny almost always wears a hood and doesn't speak coherently is it that it dehumanizes him and thus makes makes him susceptible to horrendous deaths? It's the same reason that is movies nameless bad guys always wear hoods, helmets, etc. and their good counterparts never do.
That said since Kenny is no longer a prop (he has a family, voice, face, background etc.) he no longer be killed over and over again. If he dies (probably by sacrificing himself to slay/banish Cthulhu) he wont come back. If if he lives he won't die anymore either.
HankZ922

Postby HankZ922 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:09 pm

I was wrong, they only showed his face at the end of "The Coon"

So.. i'll ask a new question: Who is on the moon with the whale??
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:26 pm

Tom Cruise. :lol:
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
8shortfuse

Postby 8shortfuse » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:43 am

HankZ922 wrote:prediction: the riddle/prophecy ==> kenny has to die his last death in order for cthulhu to return to his eternal slumber, but only after cthulhu sh*ts on tony hayward "Sorry :wink: " Kenny will wake up mortal for the first time and meet the kids at the bus stop.

Now, the reasoning behind the prophecy... Harry Potter 7 comes to theatres on the nineteenth. Two weeks away. If you've noticed, SP's got a huge spoofing/parody hard-on. and i for one love it. SO i wouldn't put it past the brilliant M&T to deliver a story line similar to insheeption. HOWEVER, that means they won't air the finale of the trilogy next week... Maybe they'll split the Finale into 2-parts for 1413 and 1414 (isn't HP7 a 2-parter??) ... or maybe return of t&p?

MY ONE AND ONLY QUESTION... THE REASON FOR NOT ASSUMING KENNY WAS MYSTERION... at the end of 'The Coon" Mysterion peels his hood back revealing a BOY WITH BROWN HAIR? interesting because kenny's a blonde. unless stan/clyde posed as mysterion similar to a harvey dent????

-thanks for reading

I didn't think of that but A Harry Potter refrence would be cool. I just don't know if they would split it into a fourth coon ep. I would think they'd just end it with next weeks episode.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:59 am

Big-Will wrote:H. P. Lovecraft never explained it, so there's no meaning to it.

So that riddle on the episode was something Lovecraft actually wrote? Man, I have a book with a bunch of Lovecraft's short stories I need to finally sit down and read.

I was wondering, who here has read much Lovecraft?
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:38 pm

I've read a bit. Interesting stuff, though somewhat verbose (which is one of the attractions, really) and vaguely racist. I have two volumes, read half of the first one a few years ago.

Kenny's predicament would fit right in.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:30 pm

M00ndragon69 wrote:

So that riddle on the episode was something Lovecraft actually wrote? Man, I have a book with a bunch of Lovecraft's short stories I need to finally sit down and read.

He wrote it in The Necronomicon and in The Call of Cthulhu, as well as in The Nameless City.

I haven't read any of the books, but references to them are all around us.

TRU_sp_fan87

Postby TRU_sp_fan87 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:44 pm

"That, is not dead, which can eternal lie, and withe strange aeon's, even death may die"

This seems pretty obvious to me, or maybe i'm the only one...

Kenny is the eternal one, alive, dead, un-dead even(S1 halloween special) kenny is part of the show.

Cthulhu is the dark god of destruction. one way or another...
this is going to come down to cthulhu and kenny.
TRU_sp_fan87

Postby TRU_sp_fan87 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:55 pm

8shortfuse wrote:
HankZ922 wrote:prediction: the riddle/prophecy ==> kenny has to die his last death in order for cthulhu to return to his eternal slumber, but only after cthulhu sh*ts on tony hayward "Sorry :wink: " Kenny will wake up mortal for the first time and meet the kids at the bus stop.

My recollection of "the Coon" episode was, at the end when mysterion came forward, he simply pulled up his face mask(he has on a hooded cloak) to reveal that it was a fourth grader. he never spoke in his normal tone or showed hair, because that was the joke. maybe you need to check the tones on your tv reception.

-thanks for reading

I didn't think of that but A Harry Potter refrence would be cool. I just don't know if they would split it into a fourth coon ep. I would think they'd just end it with next weeks episode.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:57 am

Big-Will wrote:
M00ndragon69 wrote:

He wrote it in The Necronomicon and in The Call of Cthulhu, as well as in The Nameless City.

I haven't read any of the books, but references to them are all around us.

Hell yeah there are references to Lovecraft's work all around us..Stephen King was influenced by his work..You can see it in his novel It and his short story Crouch End.

There is also a tarot deck influenced by Lovecraft's work. The Necronomicon Tarot. The major arcania in it based on his stories..In that deck, Cthulu is The Devil..I actually have that deck, I bought it at Barnes and Nobles the same day I bought the book of Lovecraft's short stories, only I never got around to reading the book.
TRU_sp_fan87

Postby TRU_sp_fan87 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:39 pm

HankZ922 wrote:I was wrong, they only showed his face at the end of "The Coon"

that would be willzeak(will-z-yak). they thought he was an alien and they tried to send him back home with a rocket made in mexico.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:20 pm

TRU_sp_fan87 wrote:
HankZ922 wrote:I was wrong, they only showed his face at the end of "The Coon"

that would be willzeak(will-z-yak). they thought he was an alien and they tried to send him back home with a rocket made in mexico.

You really should read the thread before answering. I answered it earlier: The whale is Willzyx. The man next to him is

Big-Will wrote:Tom Cruise. :lol:

Return to “General South Park Discussion”