Is Cartman Gay?

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Samathou

Re: Is Cartman Gay?

Postby Samathou » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:41 pm

:lol: Ok, ok.
In October, I already wanna wish you a Merry Christmas... mwahaha! ~~
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:46 am

Stewie Griffin from Family Guy, who started out as an evil genuis talking baby bent on world domination, and became a homosexual during the third season. According to it's creator, his pent up sexuality is what causes his anger issues.

But yes, Cartman is completely undeniably gay, or at least bi.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Samathou

Postby Samathou » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:02 pm

Maybe bisexual but, well, he's also homophobic, and he also wanted to go out with some girls or has had more or less some crunches...
Moreover, maybe his craps give us this feeling. I mean maybe his craps make him seem gay, but without certainly being expected to this result.

Also, it's possible Trey and Matt like gay scenes... and as they said, with their character Randy in "Two guys naked in a hot tub", everybody has a gay side.

So we really don't know his tendencies, it's ambiguous.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:55 am

Samathou wrote:Maybe bisexual but, well, he's also homophobic, and he also wanted to go out with some girls or has had more or less some crunches...
Moreover, maybe his craps give us this feeling. I mean maybe his craps make him seem gay, but without certainly being expected to this result.

Also, it's possible Trey and Matt like gay scenes... and as they said, with their character Randy in "Two guys naked in a hot tub", everybody has a gay side.

So we really don't know his tendencies, it's ambiguous.

I have known a few outrageously homophobic people who turned out gay. It doesn't mean homophobic=gay, but it does mean you must look at the reason why people say what they say.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Samathou

Postby Samathou » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:17 pm

Yes! It's true! :)

But I confess it could be funny if Cartman was gay... or rather bi. :lol:
missdarcy

Postby missdarcy » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:56 pm

yes, in that Cartman is in love with Cartman.

For real though.. maybe.

But Irene, shes straight. The question is: Does Irene secretly become Cartman while getting railed by some dude to fulfill his possible gay needs?
~~take off our clothes and loo loo loo~~

~~you french-fry when you should pizza, you're gonna have a bad time~~
Samathou

Postby Samathou » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:04 pm

Who's Irene?
missdarcy

Postby missdarcy » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:28 pm

The chick wrastling character that Cartman portrayed...
~~take off our clothes and loo loo loo~~

~~you french-fry when you should pizza, you're gonna have a bad time~~
Samathou

Postby Samathou » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:54 pm

missdarcy wrote:The chick wrastling character that Cartman portrayed...

Aah ok!
subuccus

Postby subuccus » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:22 pm

I think he's gay, but that's not the intention of the South Park creators. For example, they couldn't understand why people thought he was gay in the Imaginationland trilogy because they say he does these things to humiliate Kyle.

I'm a chick, so I guess when a guy desperately wants another guy to suck his balls I jump to conclusions. But alas, Cartman was not meant to be gay.

Seriously, am I the only South Park geek who listens to the commentaries?
"I cannot by Sparkle Law move to have an old list investigated. However, if you can find recourse for such an inquiry, Wendy, I would review it. Does that sparkle with all the girls?" - Bebe S11Ep1114
Samathou

Postby Samathou » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:41 pm

Bah as I previously said, Trey and Matt, in the commentaries of Imaginationland they made, said Cartman wasn't sexually obsessed but just wanted him to get humiliate.

I think that, however, they know there are some rumors about him... and why wouldn't them do it on purpose to make people think about that?
Trey and Matt like making gay scenes, it's visible, and anyway Cartman is maybe one of the gayest kids on South Park (even if Trey said in an interview Stan was the most likely to be gay because he was sensitive and got in love with anybody... or smg like that, but it isn't important...)

As I said, it's pretty ambiguous. Just my opinion.
southparkgirl19

Postby southparkgirl19 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:59 am

yes! who can forget season seven episode one "cancled" "oh no, no one is sticking their finger in my ass again.....unless it's kyle. but I don't think kyman is a good couple. I just think cartman likes kyle, but kyle hates him. :cartmannohat:
JVM

Postby JVM » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:21 am

Matt and Trey have claimed numerous times Cartman isn't gay. But this is one of the few times I have to forgo the word of the South Park Gods. There's just too many instances of, well, gayness. "Cartmanland" (#506) is a great example for the Kyle side - there's some kind of deep, profound connection between Kyle's health and Cartman's happiness. As for Cartman... well besides the Imaginationland trilogy, there's multiple episodes where Cartman makes Kyle do various things to his ass.

Now mind you, I hate all South Park slash with such a burning passion that writing this post almost literally hurts. But it's true.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Cristine478

Postby Cristine478 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:55 pm

Cartman is not gay. Obviously, on several occasions always listen to Cartman and Kyle would be couples or even Stan. it makes no sense
I love south park
this first clip of the season 15 do not say much
JVM

Postby JVM » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:17 am

^ Uhh... what? I don't even understand what you said.

Return to “Character Discussion”