Taking a Poll... Anyone actually like the 'Coon' espisodes??

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Jesuit20

Taking a Poll... Anyone actually like the 'Coon' espisodes??

Postby Jesuit20 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:02 am

Alright cats and kittens, iv'e been a southpark junkie since 99 and i just have to ask..... what the f*ck were those last 3 episodes? They've now wasted 4 episodes on something that should have been 2, at best. Usually their multi-episode plots are amazing (pandemic being an exception), but now they slap us in the face with this crap?! Which brings me to the point of this thread. i just want to know if im over reacting or if other southpark slaves feel the same way i do. so please, simply put a giant yes or no at the beginning then tell me how ya feel.

This may be the first time im actually upset with the greatest show of all time..... if they do a 5th one, ill mutiny.
KennyKicksAss

Re: Taking a Poll... Anyone actually like the 'Coon' espisod

Postby KennyKicksAss » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:14 am

YES I loved these episodes, and I dunno why people seem to dislike them so much! Finding out Myserion was Kenny was like the most epic moment ever! But then I am a Kenny fan... I think you are overreacting, a lot of people love these episodes. I don't think they'll do a fifth Coon/Mysterion episode but I would like to see Kenny continue in his quest to find out about his curse and get his friends to remember his deaths. They could have it as a sub-plot or something but I'd hate to see him give up on it.
Psycho Mysterion tattoo

Poor Kenny, trapped forever on my back...

Ah, the memories...

Favourite character: Kenny
Favourite episode: Mysterion Rises
F*** New Jersey

Postby F*** New Jersey » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:09 am

NO, you are not overreacting. The last 3 episodes were indeed a bad joke:

(1) No straight story line and no consistency. Obviously, each of those episodes was created separately, without one big story in mind, which you would expect for a spin-off.

(2) Primitive plot (though the original idea about super-heroes was great), and seriously empty episodes.

(3) Absolutely not funny (except one BP joke they kept repeating throughout those 3 episodes).

(4) Most characters not being themselves.

(5) Not worth re-watching, unlike 99% of all other South Park episodes.

(6) As you pointed out, the whole 3-4 episode Coon story would fit into 2 episodes MAX.

I do hope that this ridiculous story was due to M&T simply being very busy, and that all further episodes WILL start with the 4 boys standing at the bus stop or featuring a new day at the classroom.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:15 am

Loved part one. Parts 2 & 3 were okay. 3 seemed hurried toward the end to me. When they're reuploaded I do plan on watching it again.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:04 am

Yes

These four The Coon/Mysterion episodes were fantastic. Looking foward to more of the same :D

It was old school cartoon mixed with modern day comic books and modern day super heros, and surprises at every turn. Why more could you want? A real thriller. Keep up the fantastic work, M&T :D
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:08 am

The last episode was the only thing that justified the whole thing IMO. It was actually a pointless bit, bit the way they tied it all together saved it.

Very close call. They could have tanked the whole franchise on this, but they redeemed themselves.
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:09 am

Meh. They all had good and bad moments. I'm kinda impartial. But, I was busy when they were on, so I might have missed some jokes.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
fixalicious1

Postby fixalicious1 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:55 am

I didn't find them that great. Too much Lebron, Captain Hindsight had zero purpose. The bp thing was lame and wasn't that funny. As far a old cartoons go SP has done that stuff before but it never made up half the episode.
Day is never finished, Master got me working, Someday master set me free!
LilNugget

Postby LilNugget » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:10 am

Yes I liked them. The trilogy as a whole I would rate about a seven out of ten. There were some extremely funny moments and as I have re-watched them I am enjoying the Coon and Friend quite a bit more. For instance, did you catch Cartman as "kitty" licking the Dark One? :mrgreen:

The Clockwork Orange moment was amazing, a 10/10. And now I am noticing Bradley all over the place in old episodes where he used to just get filtered out as background noise.
Timmy!
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:04 am

Here is a list of funny things in the entire Coon series:

- "Hey look, it's David Vilanch!"

- "I...can't...die" (and the following explanation)

- “With minty coolness he headed back home, and heroically watched Judge Judy, knowing his superhero friends were probably just fine without him.”

- "Another woman being raped... LET HER GO!"

And this scene was some South Park genius filtering through:

Alien Man: Hello my son. If you are seeing this message, then it must be dark times. And you must have many questions. Your true name is Gok-zarah. The power given to you comes from a planet far away. You are from that planet, Gok-zarah. It is for that reason you have a power that normal humans do not have. I know you must sometimes see this power as a curse, but you were sent here to stop evil from taking over the Earth and now, that time has apparently come. You must now harness and focus your power, Gok-zarah. The power of mint and berries yet with a tasty, satisfying crunch.

Mint-Berry Crunch: ...Uh yes. Yes, please go on.

Alien Man: Your home planet, Kokujong, is known throughout the universe for its berry mines. Berries that have the power to fuel nearly anything. Needless to say, when the mint hunters of Kogenrah got word of them, our fate was already sealed, Gok-zarah. But our two worlds collided and soon, mint and berry were one.

Mint-Berry Crunch: Wow!
Alien Man: Your mother and I sent you as far away as we could. Use your power, son. Save Earth. Shablagoo! [the orb rises up and away]

:lol:

The rest was complete and utter trash.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Freddy Fittler

Postby Freddy Fittler » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:43 am

Yes.

They were no "Imaginationland",but i still thought they were great.

Being Australian i didn't get the bastketball guy "What should i do?" references,but the fact that the episodes were so "Kenny-centric",plus we could clearly hear him talk,made the mini-series for me.

The B.P guys bits in "1 & 2" were classic too. :lol:
"You like bear mace,icehead?"

"A haiku is just like a normal American poem except it doesn't rhyme and it's totally stupid."

"Oh no! Not Santa's balls!"

"Dammit, monster, I ain't givin you no treefiddy."
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:45 am

The "Bruce Villanche" scene/line popped into my head randomly yesterday and amused me, so maybe part 3 wasn't all that bad.
kushman

Postby kushman » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:16 am

they are nothing like matt and treys og stuff. they dont even right it anymore. it sux big green smelly hairy dead donkey dick. they are losing me with this stupid bull sh*t episodes. cant wait till they get back to there roots... you know the funny stuff. they need to stop paying people to write there sh*t and they need to do it themselves again. stupid jews
Jonan9299

Postby Jonan9299 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:54 pm

No your not overreacting the last 3 episodes were a bit of a disappointment and actually the entire season has been declining since the fiasco of episodes 200 and 201, granted there have been funny parts to each of the episodes but overall they aren't really good enough to re watch over and over again like with the older seasons
KennyMcAmazing

Postby KennyMcAmazing » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:35 pm

I loved the Mysterion episodes!

Oh... and I liked Pandemic too.
I LOVE KENNY! Second favorite characters: Kyle and Butters

Return to “General South Park Discussion”