Taking a Poll... Anyone actually like the 'Coon' espisodes??

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

BRMBug

Re: Taking a Poll... Anyone actually like the 'Coon' espisod

Postby BRMBug » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:45 pm

kushman wrote:it sux big green smelly hairy dead donkey dick.

oh yeah. talk slower.
kushman wrote:they need to stop paying people to write there sh*t and they need to do it themselves again. stupid jews

Trey still does all the writing himself. He and Matt experimented with having other writers in in season... 2? 3? They didn't like it, so he went back to doing it himself.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:38 am

Trey does the vast majority of the writing. That has been a constant since S2.
I liked the first two. Did not like the third.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
James--76

Postby James--76 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:25 pm

Yeah i liked all 3 parts
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
missdarcy

Postby missdarcy » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:29 pm

YES loved them, as I love almost every episode.
~~take off our clothes and loo loo loo~~

~~you french-fry when you should pizza, you're gonna have a bad time~~
F*** New Jersey

Postby F*** New Jersey » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:19 pm

Even the Coon episodes are way better than S15 Final - Creme Fraiche. No need to comment this.
Drknitez06

Postby Drknitez06 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:07 am

The coon episodes were great from the beginning, the whole big kenny shocker was awesome, what i believe though is that the ending would've been way better. Coming off topic, the last episode of the season sucked, IMO. So, i believe they could've extended it into a fourth and final episode ending the season with a bang, instead i believe the just wanted to prematurely end the coon "saga" and go on with their lives but really could have done so much better, IMO.

Kenny=Mysterion
^Freaking Awesome! :unhoodedkenny:
ideatpoptarts

Postby ideatpoptarts » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:01 am

I can definitely see why fans would be disappointed. I was so thrilled that Mysterion was Kenny and that he didn't get a second shot at a "permanent" death that I thoroughly enjoyed the build up to the end (especially with all the shots of the McCormicks!). More Goth Kids was divine.

But the sudden ending of 3? A bit awkward. I shifted all this past week from being disappointed at the abrupt end of Cthulhu and being thankful someone saved Kenny for a change. Hindsight only had one good moment with the Farve comment for me...especially when he disappeared from the finale.

I'm more on the side of win for the triology, though. I want more Mysterion :D
biddymonster

Postby biddymonster » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:26 am

YES YES AND YES. The coon episodes are fantastic. i just wish with the last three there had been more chaos and disaray. I would love an entire season devoted to the coon and freinds. The comic strip animation and the story telling make for a whole new world of south park that seems to have no limit to what could happen. i would love to see the coon and chaos escape the coon and friends hold and regain thier power as the new coon and freinds to have one last battle against the evil that is the group formally known as the coon and freinds. Winner take all in a no holds bar comic beat down. Then we will see who can stop the ultimate bringer of destuction and doom... PROFFESOR CHAOS!!!! and coon
MoonBear44

Postby MoonBear44 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:18 pm

YES!!! I LOVED the Coon trilogy!! My second favorite multi-part episode (Cartoon Wars being #1). I thought the character of Mysterion was very cool and Captain Hindsight was a nice addition as well. Yeah, they ripped on LeBron James quite a bit. But he deserves it. And Justin Bieber .........well, you know!! :lol:
For me, the Coon episodes were truly epic and saved what would otherwise be a very lackluster season. However, I must say it might have been even better if they did it in 4 episodes or even made it into a full-length feature movie!
I agree with most people say about the season finale! IT SUCKED!!!
IHeartKennyMcCormick

Postby IHeartKennyMcCormick » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:29 pm

I loved the Coon and Friends. I've been hoping they'd bring Mysterion and the Coon back since The Coon first aired. And to find out the Mysterion wasn't Stan and that it was Kenny made me happy~

I agree, if M&T had finished the season with epic CAF episode instead of a dumb Randy and Sharon episode it would of been one of the best season yet.

Creme Fraiche was awful... I'm a Food Network and Hell's Kitchen fan myself, they could of done a MUCH better parody than that....

But, I still think season 6 is the worst season....
Butters Best Moment: I like that Boom Boom Pow...

Kenny's Best Moment: PHFFFT ALL OF THEM!
I love K2: Kyle x Kenny. And Cartters: Cartman x Butters. All other couples don't really matter.
Jayboner

Postby Jayboner » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:54 pm

I would say that the first two episodes were not up to SP standards. The Clockwork Orange reference in EP 1 was awesome, but that was basically the highlight of EPs 1 and 2. The jokes involving BP and Tony's "we're sorry" was silly and overdone. EP2 was horrible. The episodes didn't benefit from all the references to Lebron's ad campaign because the South Park audience doesn't watch ESPN (speaking generally, obviously there are exceptions). The only thing that made watching all three episodes worth it was the twist at the end of EP 3, which I won't describe right now because this is a spoiler free forum.

In all fairness, South Park thrives on the fact that it is a show that can respond to current events quicker than any other show on television because everything is done in-house. I'll say that the reason these episodes (and the creme fraishe episode) were all written with cultural references almost a year old is because Matt and Trey were working on their Broadway show and aired episodes with scripts that had been written by Trey for either A) the beginning of season 14 or B) the end of season 13.

Either way, I expect they will make a full comeback with season 15 this next spring.
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:07 am

This topic makes me lol because the person who started it HATED the episodes but is looking for those who LIKE it.

I've said my thoughts before in other threads. Trilogy was mediocre.

Would've been a lot better if they just cut the whole Kenny's Death thing since it amounted to nothing, and just jammed it into a two-parter.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
subuccus

Postby subuccus » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:23 am

I liked the Coon episodes. I also liked the season 8 Good Times with Weapons, which in my mind was like the Coon episodes. Cartman being the cute pet/controlling megalomaniac was perfect. Kenny's quest was awesome. The mint berry crunch surprise ending was awesome.

I watch South Park a lot, and honestly there's very few episodes that I don't like. Almost always involving the Canadian fart masters (not counting the queef-tastic episode).
"I cannot by Sparkle Law move to have an old list investigated. However, if you can find recourse for such an inquiry, Wendy, I would review it. Does that sparkle with all the girls?" - Bebe S11Ep1114
hellomynameiskenny

Postby hellomynameiskenny » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:19 am

The episodes were meh. I wanted another Coon episode but not three more. I didn't want to know why Kenny died and I really wanted Mysterion to be Clyde. The only good things from those episodes were, the Coon beating up the Mosquito and that little girl and giving Bradley a bigger role by making him Mint-Berry Crunch.
Whoo-Hoo!

I am a cop and you will respect my authoritah!

F*ck you whale! And f*ck you dolphin!

If I could say shitballs to the principal, I would be soooo happy.
iloveyouguys

Postby iloveyouguys » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:25 am

I actually really enjoyed the Coon episodes. I thought they were some of the best of the season.
This is my signature. I made it small so anyone who tries to read it has to copy and paste the text somewhere else only to find that it isn't interesting at all. Congratulations. Also, fuckshitcockassbitchtitspenisfagskankwhorecuntpoop.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”